PDA

View Full Version : sick of the negativity

Azeh
08-16-2011, 12:23 PM
My god people...I'm sick of the self defeatist attitude and playing the victim card here. The negativity surrounding RP's treatment by the media and how this or that will be spun is a tired old tune.

Of course we are being marginalized by the mainstream media, but we have a chance now, more than ever to capitalize on this. I watched the Jon Stewart clip and it completely re-energized me. I then emailed it to family and friends and surprisingly, I've received nothing but good responses.

Seize this moment to really expose the Media bias. Make the media irrelevant by spreading this clip and others to people close to you. Drop hints and nudge people to RP whenever you get the chance. Start by converting parents, family, and close friends and work out from there. Post RP material on FB, twitter, etc. whenever you can. But most of all, suck it up, stop whingeing on these forums, and start getting proactive instead. You create your own reality and attitude is infectious!!!!

This is war. The first shots have been fired by the British at Lexington. Let's get our asses to Concord move our stash and ambush the enemy, then fire on these asshats as they retreat all the way back to Boston!!!

End Rant

Ekrub
08-16-2011, 12:25 PM

:confused: haha hell of a second post. Apparently you only post when you mean something ;)

LibertyEagle
08-16-2011, 12:26 PM
More than that. Learn what it takes to win elections and get to doing it.

http://iroots.org/

:)

LibertyEagle
08-16-2011, 12:26 PM
Welcome to the forums, Azeh.

PEnemy
08-16-2011, 12:27 PM
http://iroots.org/

:eek:

acptulsa
08-16-2011, 12:33 PM
End Rant

No, please. Don't stop busting the chops of the trolls now. You're too good at it!

Fetou
08-16-2011, 12:35 PM

:confused: haha hell of a second post. Apparently you only post when you mean something ;)
lol I'll admit that I checked the other post after reading that one. It was a 2008 campaign donation. What a champ

JenH88
08-16-2011, 12:37 PM
the negativity is annoying! lol. we're in a better place than we've EVER been before! i'm so EXCITED!! =) PUSH FORWARD! We've got them on the defensive.

acptulsa
08-16-2011, 12:38 PM
lol I'll admit that I checked the other post after reading that one. It was a 2008 campaign donation. What a champ

Think we can make Azeh the first poster in RPF history to have two posts and two rep bars? I did my part...

I call for a REPBOMB! And I say we bump this thread 'till doomsday, if need be, to pull it off!

JenH88
08-16-2011, 12:38 PM
Think we can make Azeh the first poster in RPF history to have two posts and two rep bars? I did my part...

LOL. i repd him too. >_<

dannno
08-16-2011, 12:43 PM
I'm confused by the OP..

You say not to play the "victim card", but you DO want us to expose the media bias.. Isn't that playing the victim card?

I agree we shouldn't have a defeatist attitude and should use the media bias to our advantage, but it is what it is..

Azeh
08-16-2011, 12:45 PM
Thanks. I've been a long time lurker, but RP's treatment after essentially tying for first in Iowa and the general malaise here have finally compelled me to post my thoughts.

IMHO, we as grassroots need to get back to the fundamentals. If we can open the minds of those around us to Ron Paul's message and the idea of liberty, especially now, by exposing the media bias, then it will have a snowball effect and continue to spread.

This is an opportunity. Like in the martial art of Aikido, use the opponents force to throw them to the ground.

acptulsa
08-16-2011, 12:46 PM
It is what it is. And what it is is something we can overcome. May take us six years to do it, but thankfully we started five years ago.

Get it yet? The trolls are telling us we'll never overcome. This is the negativity This is the trollish weapon, that negativity.

Just because we're victims doesn't mean we need to roll over and give up.

Azeh
08-16-2011, 12:55 PM
Danno, by victim card i mean the whole woe is me; there is nothing i can do about it attitude

sorry for the confusion

I think I've already opened the eyes of someone who told me they would never vote for Ron Paul. He disagreed with me 2 days ago that there was any media bias against Ron. I sent him the daily show clip and he loved it. Then he admitted that there was bias towards Ron and told me that he still thinks Ron Paul can't get elected. I then replied, "the media would love to have us believe Ron Paul can't get elected by shaping public opinion." He then wrote back with a link of the guardian's coverage of the media bias against Ron Paul.

Plant seeds and watch them grow

r3volution
08-16-2011, 01:00 PM
My god people...I'm sick of the self defeatist attitude and playing the victim card here. The negativity surrounding RP's treatment by the media and how this or that will be spun is a tired old tune.

Of course we are being marginalized by the mainstream media, but we have a chance now, more than ever to capitalize on this. I watched the Jon Stewart clip and it completely re-energized me. I then emailed it to family and friends and surprisingly, I've received nothing but good responses.

Seize this moment to really expose the Media bias. Make the media irrelevant by spreading this clip and others to people close to you. Drop hints and nudge people to RP whenever you get the chance. Start by converting parents, family, and close friends and work out from there. Post RP material on FB, twitter, etc. whenever you can. But most of all, suck it up, stop whingeing on these forums, and start getting proactive instead. You create your own reality and attitude is infectious!!!!

This is war. The first shots have been fired by the British at Lexington. Let's get our asses to Concord move our stash and ambush the enemy, then fire on these asshats as they retreat all the way back to Boston!!!

End Rant

quality not quantity , i like it .
however , don't any1 be discouraged by what you see here . there has always been the few on here that are always mad about something or ready to quit over something stupid . just remember that what you see on this forum only reflects about 1% of what is going on nationally , and of course it is the interwebs so you will always have the trolls and nay sayers . hell , i even see that on automotive forums .

r3volution
08-16-2011, 01:02 PM
lol , plant them with your finger .

acptulsa
08-16-2011, 01:04 PM
...and of course it is the interwebs so you will always have the trolls and nay sayers .

And they sure aren't going to let up now, believe me. They have too much to lose by having an honest man in the White House.

Oh, no. They'll be sending Chicken Littles by the truckload over here to tell us how completely we're wasting our time and effort. Bank on it.

dannno
08-16-2011, 01:06 PM
Danno, by victim card i mean the whole woe is me; there is nothing i can do about it attitude

sorry for the confusion

I think I've already opened the eyes of someone who told me they would never vote for Ron Paul. He disagreed with me 2 days ago that there was any media bias against Ron. I sent him the daily show clip and he loved it. Then he admitted that there was bias towards Ron and told me that he still thinks Ron Paul can't get elected. I then replied, "the media would love to have us believe Ron Paul can't get elected by shaping public opinion." He then wrote back with a link of the guardian's coverage of the media bias against Ron Paul.

Excellent line of reasoning for your friend, +rep

johnald
08-16-2011, 01:07 PM
Thanks for the attitude bump =)

Azeh
08-16-2011, 01:10 PM
Of course the trolls are gonna come out in droves from here on out, because Ron is a front-runner and their damn scared their status quo is in jeopardy. But for every troll, I'm sure there is a supporter like me that just reads the forums but doesn't post often or has never posted.

Azeh
08-16-2011, 01:27 PM
I've recently been tutoring a student about American History and we just covered the revolution. What really got me fired up was reading the Declaration of Independence. The parallels of the founding of our country, the government we have today, and this movement are amazing.

I love this part of the Declaration of Independence:

But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.

speciallyblend
08-16-2011, 01:46 PM
I'm confused by the OP..

You say not to play the "victim card", but you DO want us to expose the media bias.. Isn't that playing the victim card?

I agree we shouldn't have a defeatist attitude and should use the media bias to our advantage, but it is what it is..

exactly you do not let someone kick you in the balls . You hold them accountable by calling out their BS! The fact we made noise is why folks are calling them out(jon stewart for example)!! I will never turn the other cheek. I will call these lying bastards out! That is not playing the victim card. that is calling out liars!! if we had let them kick us in the balls and done nothing. this op would still have one post!!

I will continue to fight for liberty but i think we are fast approaching the tar and feathering phase!!