PDA

View Full Version : Link to NEW Rasmussen Poll

realtonygoodwin
08-16-2011, 11:11 AM
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/elections/election_2012/election_2012_presidential_election/gop_primary_perry_29_romney_18_bachmann_13

Brett85
08-16-2011, 11:18 AM
Very bad news.

iamse7en
08-16-2011, 11:46 AM
Bad news to those who expected to win. I'm happy with our progress so far.

sailingaway
08-16-2011, 12:00 PM
Very bad news.

He was completely absent from the coverage. I'm looking to the next poll, I didn't expect better, and feared worse, from this one.

Brett85
08-16-2011, 12:04 PM
He was completely absent from the coverage. I'm looking to the next poll, I didn't expect better, and feared worse, from this one.

But it's bad news that he's viewed unfavorably by 45% of Republican voters.

pcosmar
08-16-2011, 12:13 PM
But it's bad news that he's viewed unfavorably by 45% of Republican voters.

Where are they getting their information from, to come to that conclusion?

There is a virtual blackout on Ron. Watching coverage (or lack thereof) and it is noticed by many.
There are a few notable Ron Paul haters spreading disinformation (Rush, Hannity, etc.)

And just who are these folks that are being polled? Are they a legitimate cross section of the country? Or just folks that sit by land-line phones and answer polls?

I am highly skeptical of polls, especially after seeing Frank Luntz demonstrate how easily polls are manipulated. And how manipulated people are, by polls.

Brett85
08-16-2011, 12:21 PM
Where are they getting their information from, to come to that conclusion?

There is a virtual blackout on Ron. Watching coverage (or lack thereof) and it is noticed by many.
There are a few notable Ron Paul haters spreading disinformation (Rush, Hannity, etc.)

And just who are these folks that are being polled? Are they a legitimate cross section of the country? Or just folks that sit by land-line phones and answer polls?

I am highly skeptical of polls, especially after seeing Frank Luntz demonstrate how easily polls are manipulated. And how manipulated people are, by polls.

Rasmussen came out with a recent poll that had Ron at 16% in Iowa, so I don't think they're biased against Ron. I think a lot of people probably just watched the debate and didn't like what they heard from Ron on Iran. Despite that, I don't think that Ron should abandon his values and lie about his position on that issue. But he can still change the way that he phrases the issue to try to appeal to more GOP voters.

randomname
08-16-2011, 12:29 PM
http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/9127/37387957.png

pcosmar
08-16-2011, 12:43 PM
Rasmussen came out with a recent poll that had Ron at 16% in Iowa, so I don't think they're biased against Ron.

I didn't say Biased.
I don't think they are accurate at all.

I doubt they are well informed people.
certainly people that sit by and answer land-line polls are not representative of the country. Most folks use Cells these days, and many (myself included) hate these calls and generally hang up on them.

So you are left with people that answer land-lines and chose to answer polls.
Not a truly representative sample.

Kregisen
08-16-2011, 12:46 PM
39% of tea partiers voted for Perry......

I think America is the stupidest country in the world.

Southron
08-16-2011, 01:07 PM
I don't think this means much besides his name recognition is still lacking nationally. I think we will see his numbers go up in states he campaigns in like Iowa.

realtonygoodwin
08-16-2011, 02:22 PM
He has nearly 80% name recognition nationally, I don't think that is an issue anymore.

Southron
08-16-2011, 02:42 PM
He has nearly 80% name recognition nationally, I don't think that is an issue anymore.

Well, if they know who he is and they know what he stands for and reject him, so be it. My conscience will be clear.

RM918
08-16-2011, 02:46 PM
Bachmann being only 4 points ahead is good news, at least. And Romney just lost his inevitable status, he might actually have to do something now.

JamesButabi
08-16-2011, 04:02 PM
Anyone got crosstabs on the age group?

Cutlerzzz
08-16-2011, 04:14 PM
We were at 14% in the last poll. This is just bad.

Badger Paul
08-16-2011, 05:03 PM
This poll came way too soon after Iowa and Perry's entry in the race and of course Paul's blackout afterward. Look who's ahead and by how much? Any coincidence.

Let the dust settle first and then we'll see who is where.

And remember also, national doesn't mean jack. It's state by state.

silentshout
08-16-2011, 05:06 PM
Ugh, Perry reminds me so much of dubya..can't stand him.

kah13176
08-16-2011, 05:06 PM
Anyone think Perry is just peaking too early? Who was the frontrunner right now in 2007?

Perry...I think it's almost like when those tech companies released their IPO's: skyrocketing for a day or two before coming back down.

IPSecure
08-16-2011, 05:10 PM
People like Limbaugh (the Hillary supporting 'conservative') badmouthing the good doctor is part of the reason.

FreedomProsperityPeace
08-16-2011, 05:49 PM
Don't everybody panic. Perry is a new guy being pumped up by the media. When people start learning more about him, his numbers will come down. We saw the same thing with every other person that jumped in...they got a big pop because Fox News was on their jock and then they faded. I've heard plenty of people who hate Perry and are making that known. The message will spread that he's a rat.

We have a new ad out, 2 big money bombs coming up, and 4 debates next month. There's plenty of opportunity for Dr. Paul to make his case. Keep on truckin'!

realtonygoodwin
08-16-2011, 08:04 PM
He was at 10% in the last Rasmussen National poll. This is only a 1% drop, which is excellent, considering what the fallout could be from the Iran thing.

SimpleName
08-16-2011, 09:24 PM
I didn't say Biased.
I don't think they are accurate at all.

I doubt they are well informed people.
certainly people that sit by and answer land-line polls are not representative of the country. Most folks use Cells these days, and many (myself included) hate these calls and generally hang up on them.

So you are left with people that answer land-lines and chose to answer polls.
Not a truly representative sample.

This doesn't matter much. It is accurate enough to offer an idea where everyone stands. Their pertinence to reality, none. Media uses them purely to distort, but they are still decent gauges, as we saw when the 07/08 polling numbers showed through in election results.

PaulConventionWV
08-16-2011, 11:08 PM
He was at 10% in the last Rasmussen National poll. This is only a 1% drop, which is excellent, considering what the fallout could be from the Iran thing.

Oh, come on, really? The Iran thing? That was a non-issue. Everyone knows Ron is against foreign entaglements. Don't even get me started. The "Iran thing" is not a thing. It's just as much a thing as Ron wanting to get rid of the fed.

It's times like these I just want to abandon the USA. The people here are the dumbest of fucking retards that ever lived. It makes me ashamed and angry to be an American. This country can go screw itself.

Benjam
08-16-2011, 11:38 PM
Don't everybody panic. Perry is a new guy being pumped up by the media. When people start learning more about him, his numbers will come down. We saw the same thing with every other person that jumped in...they got a big pop because Fox News was on their jock and then they faded. I've heard plenty of people who hate Perry and are making that known. The message will spread that he's a rat.

We have a new ad out, 2 big money bombs coming up, and 4 debates next month. There's plenty of opportunity for Dr. Paul to make his case. Keep on truckin'!

This^

civusamericanus
08-16-2011, 11:51 PM
Anyone think Perry is just peaking too early? Who was the frontrunner right now in 2007?

Perry...I think it's almost like when those tech companies released their IPO's: skyrocketing for a day or two before coming back down.

Perry is where Giuliani was after the 2007 Ames Straw Poll. Ron Paul is double of where Huckabee was, and after this week, expect to see a huge surge for Ron Paul. Of course in 2007, Huckabee got a lot of news coverage for his 1/2 of Romney's 1st place win, whereas Ron Paul got 155 votes more in 2011 then Romney got in 2007.

Interesting how this poll below, is the full week proceeding the August 11, 2007 straw poll.

Rasmussen Reports Poll: August 12-19, 2007: Rudy Giuliani 25%, Fred Thompson 21%, Mitt Romney 14%, John McCain 12%, Mike Huckabee 4%, Other 4%, Undecided 19%

Sources: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nationwide_opinion_polling_for_the_Republican_Part y_2008_presidential_candidates

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ames_Straw_Poll

qh4dotcom
08-17-2011, 12:12 AM

I don't buy that since I've done precinct walking. Plenty of people whose doors we have knocked on haven't heard of him.

qh4dotcom
08-17-2011, 12:15 AM
We were at 14% in the last poll. This is just bad.

I recall 14% was a PPP poll...this is a Rasmussen poll.

realtonygoodwin
08-17-2011, 12:28 AM
14 was Gallup I think. Definitely not PPP. Their last poll had Ron at 9%.