08-16-2011, 11:06 AM
Rasmussen 8/16/2011

Perry: 29%
Romney: 18%
bachmann: 13%
Ron Paul : 9%

FSP-Rebel
08-16-2011, 11:18 AM
47% of republicans want a neocon to go up against O so they can get their asses handed to them.

Brett85
08-16-2011, 11:21 AM
Ron's favorability has really dropped like a rock among Republicans. Unfortunately, the Iran issue seems to have hurt Ron.

Kludge
08-16-2011, 11:25 AM
Link: http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/elections/election_2012/election_2012_presidential_election/gop_primary_perry_29_romney_18_bachmann_13

V3n
08-16-2011, 11:28 AM
I thought he was in double-digit third-place in 2 national polls just recently?!?

We've got to keep him in double-digits. They've used polls as an excuse to prohibit him from getting on national debates in the past! They will do it again!

pcosmar
08-16-2011, 11:29 AM
What was the question? How was it presented? Who was asked?

Answers are meaningless without knowing the context and the selection of respondents.

muh_roads
08-16-2011, 11:30 AM
Jesus...Perry really surged...why are people so interested in him? I thought people were sick of Bush by the end of his term? Bachmann has received no bump despite the straw poll and the media talking about her non-stop. Romney is stuck...his mormon underwear excites no one.

Paul needs to turn the Iran thing around and explain how he would let Israel do as they wish and not dictate what they can and can't do like the current situation.

Agorism
08-16-2011, 11:31 AM
We were at 10% in his last poll. That's within the margin of error.

AuH20
08-16-2011, 11:33 AM
Jesus...Perry really surged...why are people so interested in him? I thought people were sick of Bush by the end of his term? Bachmann has received no bump despite the straw poll and the media talking about her non-stop. Romney is stuck...his mormon underwear excites no one.

Paul needs to turn the Iran thing around and explain how he would let Israel do as they wish and not dictate what they can and can't do like the current situation.

Perry's numbers will even out. Right now non-texans just know him as the 'job creating governor' and not much about his many skeletons.

kylejack
08-16-2011, 11:34 AM
Seems to me that we need some kind of spending showdown in a debate. Ron Paul could really hammer Perry and Romney on tons of things.

sailingaway
08-16-2011, 11:34 AM
So they actually reported Ron on the radio this time? And that is all the bump Bachmann's media frenzy got her? It did push Ron down though, to be left out.

kylejack
08-16-2011, 11:35 AM
Perry's numbers will even out. Right now non-texans just know him as the 'job creating governor' and not much about his many skeletons.
Literal skeletons, in the case of Cameron Todd Willingham!

AuH20
08-16-2011, 11:36 AM
Seems to me that we need some kind of spending showdown in a debate. Ron Paul could really hammer Perry and Romney on tons of things.

I'm not a big believer in Ron's overall chances thanks to this nationally orchestrated Perry lovefest, but at the very least he needs to expose Perry on national TV. Go full bore and make him backpedal.

kylejack
08-16-2011, 11:40 AM
I'm not a big believer in Ron's overall chances thanks to this nationally orchestrated Perry lovefest, but at the very least he needs to expose Perry on national TV. Go full bore and make him backpedal.
Indeed. Palin's approval rating was something like 95% in Alaska, but shining the national spotlight on her exposed her incompetence until her state was so humiliated that she was drummed out of the governor's office. Ron Paul could at least get the rest of the nation looking at Texas and saying, "Uh, Texas?? What were you thinking?"

gjdavis60
08-16-2011, 11:47 AM
The new flavor is always popular. Remember Cain?

Feeding the Abscess
08-16-2011, 12:00 PM
Santorum at 1% lol

Ekrub
08-16-2011, 12:04 PM
Santorum at 1% lol

Frontrunner Rick Santorum

Brett85
08-16-2011, 12:04 PM
Santorum at 1% lol

That's about the only good thing about this poll.

Agorism
08-16-2011, 12:08 PM
The Frothy one is at 1%

hahah

Agorism
08-16-2011, 12:09 PM
Kick the Frothy one out of the debates.

He doesn't even follow the rules of the debate when he attends as he continues to interrupt when Ron Paul gets his time allotment.

kylejack
08-16-2011, 12:11 PM
Kick the Frothy one out of the debates.

He doesn't even follow the rules of the debate when he attends as he continues to interrupt when Ron Paul gets his time allotment.
The best part was when Ron Paul pointed the pen at him to get him to pipe down.

randomname
08-16-2011, 12:29 PM
http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/9127/37387957.png

AGRP
08-16-2011, 12:35 PM

Ron must use some of his debate time to attack others as a way to differentiate himself because its the only opportunity he has to present himself to a national audience since the media has openly blacklisted him. He better bring up Perrys past as Gores campaign manager.

pcosmar
08-16-2011, 12:49 PM
Ron must use some of his debate time to attack others as a way to differentiate himself because its the only opportunity he has to present himself to a national audience since the media has openly blacklisted him. He better bring up Perrys past as Gores campaign manager.

Don't get your hopes up. I doubt you will see that. Ron does not attack others.

However, every time he IS attacked he wins. Hope they attack him on these issues, he will clean their clocks.

Esoteric
08-16-2011, 12:51 PM

However, every time he IS attacked he wins. Hope they attack him on these issues, he will clean their clocks.

It will not happen. "the golden rule of debates: pretend Ron Paul is invisible"

V3n
08-16-2011, 12:53 PM

Non-interventionalist Debate Policy - the man practices what he preaches! :D

RonwasRight
08-17-2011, 08:22 AM
I really hope Ron can take advantage of the next debate. It doesn't matter if he only gets three questions, he must, IMO, make the other candidates bleed. I hope he sees the value in having a debate coach after the Iran debacle... and it certainly is a debacle. I love the man, but I am so deflated when debate opportunities aren't used to their fullest extent. A Rand Paul- inspired debate performance would immediately bring him tremendous attention and a boost in polls. The man is stubborn in many good ways, yet this is not one.

keep the principles, frame the message closer to the political aptitude of the average American. This can easily be done while steering clear of the pandering and gimmicks of the plastic candidates.

His achievements against the establishment machine in DC are tremendous, yet they are seldom mentioned in debates.... WHY???

We will not win this contest if Paul doesn't reform the message in debates.

ok flame away. I love Dr Paul, I just get depressed when I see him misfire in the debates. If he had re-framed the Iran answer so more could understand his positions, would we have won Iowa? Would we be higher in national polls? I think so.