PDA

View Full Version : Flood the Price is Right audience

newmedia4ron
11-02-2007, 07:56 PM
Drew Carey is clearly a Libertarian. I think we need to show him that there is support behind Ron Paul...maybe he will donate or endorse him if we do.

So here's an idea,
Ron Paul supporters could plan to flood the the Price is Right audience all on the same day. Maybe people could chant "Join Ron Paul" during breaks in filming.

Tape dates
November: 6, 7, 8, 13, 14, 15, 27, 28, 29
December: 4, 5, 6, 11, 12, 13
Tickets and more info here (http://anonym.to/?http://www.cbs.com/daytime/price/tickets/)

Thoughts?

Drknows
11-02-2007, 07:59 PM
I like this idea maybe you will get to spin the wheel.

schmeisser
11-02-2007, 08:02 PM
awesome idea

Geronimo
11-02-2007, 08:08 PM
I'm sure that Drew Carey is well aware of Ron Paul. He doesn't need to be pushed.

newmedia4ron
11-02-2007, 08:10 PM
I'm poor and on the east coast I wouldn't be able to go...wait if I started a chipin...just kidding there's enough of those.

Steve Vincent set this up man. It would be fun. You could win stuff and influence a huge star.

ksuguy
11-02-2007, 08:11 PM
This is a great idea. Good way to hit older voters are those people that stay at home during the day. Esepcially if we could get a Ron Paul person on stage.

newmedia4ron
11-02-2007, 08:12 PM
I'm sure that Drew Carey is well aware of Ron Paul. He doesn't need to be pushed.

We're running out of time. One celebrity endorsement could finally get us the "top tier" status.

RevolutionSD
11-02-2007, 08:14 PM
I'm there and can probably get a few more from the San Diego group to make the trip. Let me know as soon as you determine the date you are doing this! kevkos at yahoo dot com.

nullvalu
11-02-2007, 08:15 PM
When you have to guess the prices, guess $1,776 every time.. (like that one guy who guessed $420 for everything) lol

cac1963
11-02-2007, 08:18 PM
When you have to guess the prices, guess $1,776 every time.. (like that one guy who guessed $420 for everything) lol

That's a great idea!

ronpaulfan
11-02-2007, 08:20 PM
I love this idea. We can beef up our marketing to the older generations and a lot of them watch the show :)

jumpyg1258
11-02-2007, 08:50 PM
Dont forget to throw in a plug for 1787!

risiusj
11-02-2007, 08:54 PM
I think it'd be a lot more effective to bid accurately. That way you can say something while you spin the wheel.

James R
11-02-2007, 08:55 PM
Drew Carey is clearly a Libertarian. I think we need to show him that there is support behind Ron Paul...maybe he will donate or endorse him if we do.

So here's an idea,
Ron Paul supporters could plan to flood the the Price is Right audience all on the same day. Maybe people could chant "Join Ron Paul" during breaks in filming.

Tape dates
November: 6, 7, 8, 13, 14, 15, 27, 28, 29
December: 4, 5, 6, 11, 12, 13
Tickets and more info here (http://anonym.to/?http://www.cbs.com/daytime/price/tickets/)

Thoughts?

It remeinds me of the "truther" guys who in the middle of the Bill Mauher show (or whatever his name was) started screaming like loonies. The prevailing thoughts in the audience were:
1. This guy is totally nuts?
2. Will someone shoot this guy please?
And Bill Mauher rightly pointed out that they were the audience, not the participants.

Even if none of that were true, trying to take over their show is RUDE and OBNOXIOUS. Put on your own show instead of RUDELY trying to take over someone elses show.

risiusj
11-02-2007, 09:03 PM
Have you seen The Price is Right? It's all audience participation.

Question_Authority
11-02-2007, 09:04 PM

Or you could launch into a speech about the devaluation of the dollar and how the hidden inflation tax created by the privately held Federal Reserve's legal counterfeiting makes these items much more expensive than they should be.

If you win a prize, ask if you can just have the total value of the item in GOLD instead of receiving the item.

Eric21ND
11-02-2007, 09:06 PM
Wear something very bright and eye-catching that says Ron Paul 4 Prez

M.Bellmore
11-02-2007, 09:07 PM
If you had a large contingent (say 50-100) attend all wearing their Ron Paul shirts, hats, and whatever else can get their attention, but don't yell during the actual taping (other than whatever else everyone is doing), that would probably work.

This would require severe Ron Paul outfit coordination (like bright yellow).

How many people can get in for a taping?

newmedia4ron
11-02-2007, 09:07 PM
Added- Wow great minds think alike.

I'm not a truther and that guy on Maher was an Ass. I'm talking about chanting during the breaks or at the end of the show. If you disrupt the show they'd probably kick you out. There wouldn't even need to be chanting but everyone could wear Ron Paul clothes.

I won't be able to do this but maybe a meetup group in California can.

James R
11-02-2007, 09:09 PM
Or you could launch into a speech about the devaluation of the dollar and how the hidden inflation tax created by the privately held Federal Reserve's legal counterfeiting makes these items much more expensive than they should be.

The Price is Right is an entertainment show. Is a speech on inflation entertaining? No. It therefore isn't appropriate for the show. Yes, inflation relates to the show. No, inflation is not entertaining.

M.Bellmore
11-02-2007, 09:10 PM
Here's something from their website.

GROUP BOOKINGS
Groups of 20-25 people who book in advance can receive guaranteed seats and a later arrival time. This is done to ensure a full audience at all tapings. If you have a group this size, please call our Guest Relations Department at 323-575-2448 for further information.

M.Bellmore
11-02-2007, 09:11 PM
I might be up for this (I work a little north of LA). Wonder what the max group is?

newmedia4ron
11-02-2007, 09:16 PM
Do it. It sounds like so much fun. You could seriously win thousands of dollars (which u would use to buy gold of course):p. At the worst you'd promote Ron Paul on national television and maybe get Drew Carey's attention.

M.Bellmore
11-02-2007, 09:18 PM
The only issue is the taping date is not even close to the air date (in fact is looks totally random)

James R
11-02-2007, 09:58 PM
Added- Wow great minds think alike.

I'm not a truther and that guy on Maher was an Ass. I'm talking about chanting during the breaks or at the end of the show. If you disrupt the show they'd probably kick you out. There wouldn't even need to be chanting but everyone could wear Ron Paul clothes.

I won't be able to do this but maybe a meetup group in California can.

I guess if you are really careful about it you might manage to not get everyone mad at you. Good luck with that though.

M.Bellmore
11-02-2007, 10:02 PM
Well see that's the strategy. They would be expecting a lot of yelling "Ron Paul" and interrupting the show. Don't do that! Be respectful and make noise like the rest of the audience. Your clothing would have to attract the attention! If the goal is to talk to Drew Carey, then the way not to do it is a bunch of obnoxious chanting.

LibertyEagle
11-02-2007, 10:07 PM
Even if none of that were true, trying to take over their show is RUDE and OBNOXIOUS. Put on your own show instead of RUDELY trying to take over someone elses show.

I agree. This is a bad idea. Approach him after the show or something. Don't be rude and disrupt the show.

LibertyEagle
11-02-2007, 10:08 PM
Do it. It sounds like so much fun. You could seriously win thousands of dollars (which u would use to buy gold of course):p. At the worst you'd promote Ron Paul on national television and maybe get Drew Carey's attention.

Yeah, you'd promote Ron Paul alright. But, you'd be associating him with rude, lunatic behavior. We already have that label. Do you really want to prove their point?

newmedia4ron
11-02-2007, 10:09 PM
I guess if you are really careful about it you might manage to not get everyone mad at you. Good luck with that though.

You think people don't get mad when we post signs all over the place?

No one knows who Ron Paul is. Time is running out. We need to do things that have potential to make an impact.

We need to more than hand out some slim jims (however everyone should do this, I handed out at least 200 today)

Let it not be said we did nothing.

LibertyEagle
11-02-2007, 10:11 PM
You think people don't get mad when we post signs all over the place?

No one knows who Ron Paul is. Time is running out. We need to do things that have potential to make an impact.

We need to more than hand out some slim jims (however everyone should do this, I handed out at least 200 today)

Let it not be said we did nothing.

Look. Making ourselves look like rude, immature jerks is not going to make anyone want to vote for Ron Paul. Just the opposite.

M.Bellmore
11-02-2007, 10:25 PM
Look. Making ourselves look like rude, immature jerks is not going to make anyone want to vote for Ron Paul. Just the opposite.

Who said anything about being rude? Wearing the outfit (and maybe one of those foam voter hats with RP logo). That's it. No chanting.

newmedia4ron
11-02-2007, 10:27 PM
Registration deadlines are coming fast. What is the best idea you have LibertyEagle?
And I don't want to just entertain it I want to actually do it.

My list of must things that everyone must do
register
donate
canvass (pass out registration forms and take phone numbers)
attend GOP meetings (state, county, township)
become delegates
ballot petitions?
paint the town ron
couple of more money bombs (too many will defeat the purpose)
Gun Shows, Car Races, anti-war rallies
phone campaign
and more online stuff.

We are called a cult. How do we shake this? I don't know. If we do nothing Ron Paul will certainly lose.

LibertyEagle
11-02-2007, 10:55 PM
Who said anything about being rude? Wearing the outfit (and maybe one of those foam voter hats with RP logo). That's it. No chanting.

The TS disagrees with you.

"Maybe people could chant "Join Ron Paul" during breaks in filming."

LibertyEagle
11-02-2007, 11:02 PM
Registration deadlines are coming fast. What is the best idea you have LibertyEagle?
And I don't want to just entertain it I want to actually do it.

My list of must things that everyone must do
register
donate
canvass (pass out registration forms and take phone numbers)
attend GOP meetings (state, county, township)
become delegates
ballot petitions?
paint the town ron
couple of more money bombs (too many will defeat the purpose)
Gun Shows, Car Races, anti-war rallies
phone campaign
and more online stuff.

I think all these things are great. Maybe add to it things like approaching alternative medicine practitioners, homeschoolers, pastors, Christians, EVERYONE with campaign literature. Anyone that you know that owns a small business who likes Ron Paul, see if they will host a stack of Slim Jims on their counter. Grassroots TV ads, radio ads, newspaper ads. Going door-to-door passing out Slim Jims, etc.

I had no problem with you approaching Drew Carey. I agree that we need people endorsing Paul. It's just the way you wanted to do it. It kind of reminded me of those We are Change people doing their chant on Maher's show. Did they convince anyone with their chant? I seriously doubt it. What they did do however is to piss Maher off and lend a lot of credence to the nut job label.

Is there any kind of opportunity to meet him after the show?

M.Bellmore
11-08-2007, 08:42 AM
I'll bring this back for all you near the price is right studios. Even if this does not air in time, you would still get a chance to impact Drew Carey.

RTsquared
11-08-2007, 08:49 AM
Wish I could help with this...I'd love nothing more than to be on a game show (and meet Drew Carey - seems like an interesting guy), but I gotta work, and I can't afford airfare to LA.