PDA

View Full Version : Think the campaign has enough cash? THINK AGAIN

trey4sports
08-16-2011, 09:56 AM
http://i51.tinypic.com/2dawy9l.gif

The campaign even had to pull tv ads in Iowa because they need cash. The fundraising this quarter has been atrocious.

Please PLEDGE! - https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=197265100335690&ref=ts

UtahApocalypse
08-16-2011, 09:57 AM
Ron Paul must be getting the "Special" rate pricing for air time........

misconstrued
08-16-2011, 09:57 AM
Let's all dig deep on the 20th people.

IndianaPolitico
08-16-2011, 10:00 AM
We MUST promote this. PLEASE for the sake of our country, invite people to this event!

thehighwaymanq
08-16-2011, 10:12 AM
This scared me a ton.

qwerty
08-16-2011, 10:13 AM
Invite all of your facebook friends for the aug 20th moneybomb now!

ABOUT 12 000 HAVE BEEN INVITED!

EVENT IS HERE!

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=197265100335690

HERE´S A VIDEO HOW TO DO IT!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmBgGDoX7G0&feature=player_embedded

Birdlady
08-16-2011, 10:19 AM
Sorry guys but I am broke this time around. I think there are probably more in this same situation. :(

Shelton88
08-16-2011, 10:20 AM
come on people we need to have our voice herd if the media wont do it for us!

RileyE104
08-16-2011, 10:20 AM
I'm confused... They pulled ads BEFORE the Iowa poll, correct?

Because they just released an ad in New Hampshire with triple-digit funding as well as in Iowa with a "substantial sum" of funding.

JTforRP
08-16-2011, 10:21 AM
I will be making my first ever political donation on the 20th. Broke as a joke, but I can spare 20 dollars. Let's get a million others to say the same.

trey4sports
08-16-2011, 10:21 AM
I'm confused... They pulled ads BEFORE the Iowa poll, correct?

Because they just released an ad in New Hampshire with triple-digit funding as well as in Iowa with a "substantial sum" of funding.

my understanding is they pulled the conviction ad early because the money wasn't there to keep it running.

trey4sports
08-16-2011, 10:22 AM
I will be making my first ever political donation on the 20th. Broke as a joke, but I can spare 20 dollars. Let's get a million others to say the same.

+rep

IndianaPolitico
Sorry guys but I am broke this time around. I think there are probably more in this same situation. :(

Even 5 dollars will make a difference. If you can't donate, please consider helping us promote this Money Bomb.

FA.Hayek
let's give them everything we have, the campaign is in dire need of money. we didn't have enough money for ads in Iowa AND we need to start expanding into New Hampshire, South Carolina, and Nevada. Spread this! this money bomb is so very important with the media giving us NO CHANCE IN HELL!

ifthenwouldi
08-16-2011, 10:24 AM
Haven't donated this go 'round yet, but will this time.

Epic
08-16-2011, 10:26 AM
This moneybomb needs to be 1.5 million+.

Then it will clearly be our biggest yet this cycle.

Aliangel
08-16-2011, 10:29 AM
Yes we need to hit the media with all we have come the 20th.

Canderson
08-16-2011, 10:50 AM
Ive got a paycheck put aside for him

amonasro
08-16-2011, 10:54 AM
If ever there was a cause worthy to use a credit card, this might be it.

CaptUSA
08-16-2011, 10:56 AM
Look, I'm broke, too, but the way I see it, is that if Paul is not elected, I will lose more money through inflation than I would have ever been able to donate.

Don't look at as simply a donation, but an investment in keeping the rest of your money worth something!

Steve-in-NY
08-16-2011, 11:04 AM
Im reading this thread because Im not out to lunch. That money is being put aside for this. Every. Day.

LibertyEagle
08-16-2011, 11:04 AM

Yeah, +... MAJOR +.

Hiring an ad agency to develop these kick butt ads and then running them, is not cheap at all.

FA.Hayek
08-16-2011, 11:05 AM
Im reading this thread because Im not out to lunch. That money is being put aside for this. Every. Day.

major props, will do the same!

Birdlady
08-16-2011, 11:20 AM
Yeah I seriously do not even have $5 to spare...I know it's pathetic, but that's what a chronic illness does to you. I haven't been able to work for over 6 years. I'll do what I can to help out in other ways. :)

Even 5 dollars will make a difference. If you can't donate, please consider helping us promote this Money Bomb.

tfurrh
08-16-2011, 11:26 AM
I am broke hardcore. tapped to the max. But I started cleaning out my house yesterday, and am planning a yard sale on thursday. We can do this.

RPsupporterAtHeart
08-16-2011, 11:29 AM
It's so sad. I wish i could donate for you guys and for Ron. I would max out on that sucker and turn to RevPAC for the rest.

Isn't it strange how people like myself who are not Americans and really, have no reason to have this kind of enthusiasm towards an American Politician want to be able to donate to this cause.

For one, I fear the whole world is coming down and even though Ron's stance is strictly non-intervention and trade and worrying about U.S. only, his presence as president would have such positive ramifications abroad as to change world economics and policies.

I have never EVER felt so strongly about a politicial candidate, ESPECIALLY one from another country. I hope you guys/gals donate whatever you can right now, because if Perry or Romney get in there, or Obama stays in it will only be a matter of time until it all crumbles and you have nothing at all.

If someone here is donating and on the fence about adding a little extra, just do it for me.

ronpaulhawaii
08-16-2011, 11:34 AM

+rep, all around!

ONWARD!

JamesButabi
08-16-2011, 11:36 AM
Ron Paul was the reason I bought that ounce of gold when its was $500 / ounce. I think it is proper that he can now reap the benefit of that store of value. Maxing out! BRING IT ON!

Johnnymac
08-16-2011, 11:37 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong but we came in second and we didn't spend nearly as much as everyone else, so we did pretty good besides running out of money, but I sure hope the 20th comes out better than our last money bomb !

liberalnurse
08-16-2011, 11:40 AM
If ever there was a cause worthy to use a credit card, this might be it.

I was just thinking that. I don't use it often. Plane fare and such. But this could be the exception.

somename043
08-16-2011, 11:58 AM
I'm a broke college student but I can put off buying booze for a while for liberty lol. This weeks paycheck is going right to Ron Paul!

truthdivides
08-16-2011, 12:58 PM
bump

NorfolkPCSolutions
08-16-2011, 01:02 PM
Ron Paul's ideas are invaluable, therefore, I expect his ideas and positions will carry him quite far indeed. Perhaps as far as the nomination. If we, the not-so-silent-anymore majority, can assist him in carrying the campaign that far, he will be fine.

That is, if we continue to see news articles describing the media's shunning of the man and his ideas, of course. Christianity grew through persecution, as have many social movements throughout history. Ron Paul's treatment in the media, on both sides of the political divide, are becoming a part of the national discussion.

That cannot be bought.

Well, lookie here: http://www.infowars.com/ron-paul-exploding/

IndianaPolitico
08-16-2011, 01:05 PM
I am a 16 year old high school student. I make my money by mowing yards. I will be donating to the campaign on August 20th through my parents. If I can do it, YOU CAN TOO! Join me in promoting this money bomb!

NorfolkPCSolutions
08-16-2011, 01:06 PM
I am a 16 year old high school student. I make my money by mowing yards. I will be donating to the campaign on August 20th through my parents. If I can do it, YOU CAN TOO! Join me in promoting this money bomb!

You. Are. Awesome. Kudos, sir!

swissaustrian
08-16-2011, 01:13 PM
It's so sad. I wish i could donate for you guys and for Ron. I would max out on that sucker and turn to RevPAC for the rest.

Isn't it strange how people like myself who are not Americans and really, have no reason to have this kind of enthusiasm towards an American Politician want to be able to donate to this cause.

For one, I fear the whole world is coming down and even though Ron's stance is strictly non-intervention and trade and worrying about U.S. only, his presence as president would have such positive ramifications abroad as to change world economics and policies.

I have never EVER felt so strongly about a politicial candidate, ESPECIALLY one from another country. I hope you guys/gals donate whatever you can right now, because if Perry or Romney get in there, or Obama stays in it will only be a matter of time until it all crumbles and you have nothing at all.

If someone here is donating and on the fence about adding a little extra, just do it for me.

You can buy stuff from businesses that donate to the RevPAC.
It's really sad though seeing all these good people giving all they have whilst some facist pigs get free money from the us gov.

dusman
08-16-2011, 01:44 PM
bump

Tunink
08-16-2011, 01:47 PM
I will donate for the money bomb, might only be a few hundred, but mid next week i get paid a commission check and will be maxing out to the Ron Paul 2012 campaign. I would assume from that point on I could only donate to the Rev Super PAC or could I continue to purchase items through the campaign store(from what I remember proceeds go to the campaign), cause I might just rack up on campaign material and give the stuff away for free to help.

libertygrl
08-16-2011, 01:51 PM
I know everyone is hurting here - myself included, but maybe we can all try and be a little more creative in seeking ways to get some extra money. Go over your budgets for the week and see if there's anything you can go without- like brown bagging it instead of buying lunch at work or staying home on one Friday/Saturday night. See if there's anyone in your families that might led you say $5 or $10 and see if you can match that. Every little bit helps. Maybe for future money bombs, set aside in our budgets something for Ron that you can put away. Get an envelope and write "For Liberty" on the front. Or.. F***K The Media! :D Even if you only put away a couple of bucks at a time. We've got to try our best no matter how small the amount, because I'm afraid this is it guys. Our last chance to restore Liberty.

Matthew Zak
08-16-2011, 01:51 PM

I don't see how this is even remotely possible. I'm guessing we'll get him $100,000 - $300,000 (short notice).

Badger Paul
08-16-2011, 01:53 PM
Hey if we're going to win we need to set up shop in the six early contests and right now only two are really "officially' organized so we have to put where our mouths are.

FSP-Rebel
08-16-2011, 01:54 PM
I don't see how this is even remotely possible. I'm guessing we'll get him $100,000 - $300,000 (short notice).

No need to make this a self-fulfilling prophecy.

V4Vendetta
08-16-2011, 01:55 PM
:(

FA.Hayek
08-16-2011, 01:57 PM
No need to make this a self-fulfilling prophecy.

it's very realistic, but that just means we need to work twice as hard to spread the word! we don't have much time, let's ride the wave of the anger against the MSM and reward the campaign for all the hard work they've been doing!

libertybrewcity
08-16-2011, 02:01 PM
There is no reason why anyone shouldn't be able to afford 5 or 10 dollars. Our money will be worthless unless Ron is president anyways.

rp08orbust
08-16-2011, 02:05 PM
It doesn't sound like they've been listening to Doug Wead, who said to put it all on winning the Ames straw poll. Instead, they ran the "Conviction" ad in New Hampshire, South Carolina and Nevada. If that money had been spent on buying more votes in the straw poll, Ron Paul would have won millions of dollars worth in free nationwide media attention instead of suffering a total nationwide media blackout that will cost tens of millions to overcome.

trey4sports
08-16-2011, 02:12 PM

Even though i'm one of the most pessimistic folks on the board, i think we'll get more than that. Probably close to a million. We have a decent base that can fundraise on a dimes notice. At this point though, that base is not that wide, but quite deep.

Son of Detroit
08-16-2011, 02:15 PM
I just got my first Visa card. Time to make my first ever donation to the Ron Paul campaign.

bolidew
08-16-2011, 04:26 PM
Ron Paul was the reason I bought that ounce of gold when its was $500 / ounce. I think it is proper that he can now reap the benefit of that store of value. Maxing out! BRING IT ON!

Kudos to you sir!

CaptUSA
08-16-2011, 04:39 PM
There are over 4,500 people that liked the Daily Show clip on their Facebook page. Only a little over 400 people have joined the Facebook event for the money bomb.

Dig into your FB lists and make sure you invite everyone who may even consider giving the media the middle finger. If you can't give this time, you can help by making sure someone else does.

It's not donating to a campaign, it's an investment in securing the value of the rest of your money.
The media thinks they pick the candidates. Show them they're wrong!

libertarian4321
08-16-2011, 05:44 PM
If he doesn't get enough money, he may be forced to run the "He's catching on, I'm tellin' 'ya" video from 2007.

Please, dig deep!

trey4sports
08-16-2011, 05:46 PM
There are over 4,500 people that liked the Daily Show clip on their Facebook page. Only a little over 400 people have joined the Facebook event for the money bomb.

Dig into your FB lists and make sure you invite everyone who may even consider giving the media the middle finger. If you can't give this time, you can help by making sure someone else does.

It's not donating to a campaign, it's an investment in securing the value of the rest of your money.
The media thinks they pick the candidates. Show them they're wrong!

this is the official event - https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=197265100335690 - over 1400 RSVP's right now.

bunklocoempire
08-16-2011, 05:52 PM
Done. Working on more pledge-ers.

Bunkloco

pacelli
08-16-2011, 05:54 PM
Can't donate, maxed out. I told the campaign during the last moneybomb- they need to attract new donors before the next moneybomb, otherwise donor saturation will set in. Will happily donate to RevolutionPAC since that is my only option. I agree that the next moneybomb is critically important.

purplechoe
08-16-2011, 05:57 PM
I will definitely be "digging deep" for the August 20th money bomb...

runningdiz
08-16-2011, 05:59 PM
I remember donating 4 years ago as a broke college student. It's definitely time to give till it hurts. Momentum is on our side we need to keep it going!

Appalachia
08-16-2011, 06:24 PM
This is why I think a good donation indicator needs to be at the frontpage of the Ron Paul campaign website.
I made a topic about it today:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?309548-Ron-Paul-campaign-website-needs-a-fancy-donation-indicator-like-in-2008

rp08orbust
08-16-2011, 06:35 PM
Can't donate, maxed out. I told the campaign during the last moneybomb- they need to attract new donors before the next moneybomb, otherwise donor saturation will set in. Will happily donate to RevolutionPAC since that is my only option. I agree that the next moneybomb is critically important.

I wish social media were a priority. Maybe they had good reasons for not hiring Brendan Wenzel, but with Ron Paul's Facebook likes nearly stagnant, it looks more like they just don't see the importance of it. Yet social media is what they need to make moneybombs more successful.

trey4sports
08-16-2011, 06:45 PM
bump for visibility

2young2vote
08-16-2011, 06:47 PM
Its because the campaign pushes a bunch of these darned mini-bombs that collect only 1/10th the amount of the old fashioned ones. The campaign needs to know that HYPE must be created to make a big money bomb. I will say that I have not felt hyped up for any of these mini bombs, and if it isn't a big event then very few people will even know about it. They need money now, yes, but if we want to make another multi-million dollar money bomb then we need to start now (i think i read a thread somewhere on here suggesting the same thing and that is why i brought it up).

DanielF17
08-16-2011, 06:47 PM
I'll be donating some even though I am low on money. If anyone here is good at making youtube videos, make one for this event. It will help promote it more.

Napoleon's Shadow
08-18-2011, 08:17 AM
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x93/sonicspikesalbum/2012%20Logos/276878_197265100335690_4639523_n2.jpg

RSVP here:
https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=197265100335690

Pledge your support here:
http://www.ronpaul2012.com/fbapps/820signup.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVhfcLP2UaU&feature=player_embedded

justatrey
08-18-2011, 08:13 PM
bump

runningdiz
08-18-2011, 09:00 PM
Its because the campaign pushes a bunch of these darned mini-bombs that collect only 1/10th the amount of the old fashioned ones. The campaign needs to know that HYPE must be created to make a big money bomb. I will say that I have not felt hyped up for any of these mini bombs, and if it isn't a big event then very few people will even know about it. They need money now, yes, but if we want to make another multi-million dollar money bomb then we need to start now (i think i read a thread somewhere on here suggesting the same thing and that is why i brought it up).

People hold their money waiting for money bombs. We raised more than twice as much as we did in quarter 2 of 2007. Moneybombs are not as big but there is more money going to the campaign in 2007. That is much more important than how much we can raise in one day.