PDA

View Full Version : Bubba Shows Ron Paul Some Love, No Longer in O-Town or J-Ville?

Andromeda
08-16-2011, 04:42 AM
Yesterday morning, I happened to catch the tail end of a Bubba The Love Sponge program. It's rare that I even listen to his show because, well... quite frankly, I need my music in the morning - not talk radio. Even so, I agree with Bubba's perspective on politics and love that he is a Ron Paul supporter.

During the part of the program I heard, he read a fan letter about Ron Paul and the media blackout. The fan thanked Bubba and his crew for turning him on to the Ron Paul campaign while mentioning the narrow margin by which Bachmann won the Straw Poll and how Ron wasn't receiving any media coverage. Bubba agreed with the fan and voice his opinion (as usual) that Ron Paul deserved better than that. He even went as far as to say that, maybe they (the crew) should start looking at ways to promote Ron Paul in Florida.

So, this morning, my fiance is on his way to work and Bubba is gone. I look at the wiki article and it turns out that he was cut from the Orlando and Jacksonville markets yesterday. I can only imagine it happened some time after I heard his spiel around 7:30 a.m. (EST). Looking for a reason why. Sure, it could just be coincidence, but...

Has anyone else noticed Bubba The Love Sponge missing from their areas this morning? Missing him here in Northeast Florida...

Andromeda
08-16-2011, 05:23 AM
Listening to the show right now. Bubba just stated that he felt it might be a personal reason in Jacksonville, but it leaves him scratching his head. He's not sure what happened in Jacksonville. But, in Orlando, he thinks that the ratings may not have been enough to warrant paying the bill to have the show instead of playing music for relatively low cost.

He's been told by very reliable sources that he is outperforming other stations in Jacksonville in the mornings.

Corpsman4Liberty
08-16-2011, 07:24 AM
Interesting,

I'm an Opie and Anthony fan myself. They have a big market and Anthony would most definitely support Dr. Paul, he hates Obama and loves guns.

We should figure out a way to get these radio hosts to endorse Ron.

Napoleon's Shadow
08-16-2011, 01:25 PM
In Orlando nothing could EVER beat the Fiasco with Pat Lynch and Taco Bob on WJRR and WDIZ. It the most hilarious thing ever, and they launched Larry the Cable Guy's career.

TheViper
08-16-2011, 09:23 PM
I too am in Jacksonville and didn't sort of start his career here? Been sad how he's been tossed around in the radio market like he has

Glad to hear he supports Paul but sad to hear he's been dropped...again.

marjnap
08-17-2011, 04:36 PM
I will agree the Fiasco was great, but unfortunately they are gone. I just got started listening to Bubba and really like his political views. I was ecstatic when he starting talking about Ron Paul and a caller from the C4L was talking about the liberty summit on Friday. I was glad all of it got air time. I was shocked the next morning, Bubba was gone and they were playing just music. Cox sucks.