PDA

View Full Version : 2012 GOP Primary: The Battle Lines are Being Drawn in the Conservablogesphere

AuH20
08-15-2011, 10:05 PM
I'm really disappointed with Erick Erickson of Redstate throwing his weight behind Perry. And it appears by the tone of the coverage at Hot Air, those punks have joined the dark side as well. I will say though that the folks on the Blaze and inside the 912 project (Ron gets mucho appeal there as well) have remained true to the cause. On an unscientific estimate of both Blaze and 912, I'd say at least 60% don't like/ trust Perry and consider him to be a RINO traitor. So not all the recon news is bad.

kahless
08-15-2011, 10:09 PM
When has Hotair or Redstate ever not been anti-Paul? I remember allot of outrage about the anti-Paul content on those sites going all the way back to the 2008 campaign.

Napoleon's Shadow
08-15-2011, 10:10 PM
Erickson will start to take heat once Perry's previous indiscretions become known.

AuH20
08-15-2011, 10:12 PM
When has Hotair or Redstate ever not been anti-Paul? I remember allot of outrage about the anti-Paul content on those sites going all the way back to the 2008 campaign.
Well, it's one thing to be anti-Paul, but then veer off into the no man's land which is pro-Perry? They should be ashamed of themselves though I suspect they have an agenda.

AuH20
08-15-2011, 10:15 PM
Look at this crap, Morrissey and 'Pundit are peddling.

http://hotair.com/headlines/archives/2011/08/15/17-answers-about-rick-perry/

http://peskytruth.wordpress.com/2011/07/19/rick-perrys-negatives/

kahless
08-15-2011, 10:19 PM
Well, it's one thing to be anti-Paul, but then veer off into the no man's land which is pro-Perry? They should be ashamed of themselves though I suspect they have an agenda.

From reading there I have always thought of these two sites to be part of the Republican establishment so a Perry pick is of no surprise.

AuH20
08-15-2011, 10:24 PM
They're flooding Redstate with this Perry love. This is insane. Erick was on the right track a few weeks ago railing against the establishment whores during the debt ceiling and now that anti-Obama fever has him stepping into a pile of Perry? WTF?

http://www.redstate.com/calvtob14/2011/08/13/president-rick-perry-2013-2021/

http://www.redstate.com/izoneguy/2011/08/14/seventeen-17-things-that-critics-are-saying-about-rick-perry/

Agorism
08-15-2011, 10:26 PM
Hotair is at least generally lets you say whatever you want so long as you aren't swearing, racist or possibly making fun of servicemen or something in really bad taste.

I say lots of controversial stuff, and the moderators never bother me there.

Can't say the same about Redstate.

AuH20
08-15-2011, 10:29 PM
If Perry is nominated for the GOP, we will personally sabotage his campaign. Like it or not, we (Paleos, informed tea partiers, libertarians, Beckers) control about a third of the republican votes. It will be McCain redux all over again if they go down this path.

LibertyEagle
08-15-2011, 10:39 PM
If Perry is nominated for the GOP, we will personally sabotage his campaign. Like it or not, we (Paleos, informed tea partiers, libertarians, Beckers) control about a third of the republican votes. It will be McCain redux all over again if they go down this path.

I don't know about the Beckers part. I'm none too sure that Beck won't endorse Perry.

TheDriver
08-15-2011, 10:43 PM
Redstate pushing someone who can't balance a budget without issuing debt; supported the bailout of Wall St.; and on and on. Redstate = losing.

AuH20
08-15-2011, 10:44 PM
I don't know about the Beckers part. I'm none too sure that Beck won't endorse Perry.

But the problem isn't the people who follow Beck. Many of them have a new master. The constitution. :) 912 is littered with a majority who will only vote Bachmann or Paul. It's a sight to behold.

georgiaboy
08-15-2011, 10:55 PM
Perry/Gore 2012. Erick, you know better than this. This support will haunt you. For years to come.

I heard Erick talk about Ron Paul this evening. He painted Ron as a complete dove [not true, Erick], threw around Iran nukes hogwash [fearmongering], and said his supporters were all pimply-faced college kids who would only vote for Ron [broadbrush?]. He went on and on that Ron's support is intense, but it is shallow and weak [seen latest polling?]. I actually sensed a bit of desperation in the guy's voice, Hannity circa 2008-2009. He kept repeating that Ron will not win the nomination, as if trying to convince himself that if he repeated it enough, he could make it true.

Erick's a young and seemingly bright guy, espouses Christianity, too young and too bright to be so entrenched in establishment land. I wonder at someone like him, because mostly I like him and where he comes from philosophically. He was already in thick with the establishment during the 2008 cycle. I wonder if he and others his age in the GOP back then feel somehow slighted by the RP R3volution, as if the RP'ers "weren't doing it right" but yet still garnering so much attention, standing on principle, and having fun at the same time. And we haven't gone away, in fact are still growing in influence. The Tea Party influence in Congress is directly attributable to us. Wonder if he feels his influence slipping already, at such an early time in his career? Or is he still basically 'doing what he's told' with promises of future reward? Or lastly, I guess he could actually firmly believe what he's spewing, and that's just a shame, 'cause it's just plain wrong.

Also, when will Jack Hunter get his due and replace guys like Hannity and Erickson? Sheesh.

Feeding the Abscess
08-15-2011, 11:00 PM
Perry/Gore 2012. Erick, you know better than this. This support will haunt you. For years to come.

I heard Erick talk about Ron Paul this evening. He painted Ron as a complete dove [not true, Erick], threw around Iran nukes hogwash [fearmongering], and said his supporters were all pimply-faced college kids who would only vote for Ron [broadbrush?]. He went on and on that Ron's support is intense, but it is shallow and weak [seen latest polling?]. I actually sensed a bit of desperation in the guy's voice, Hannity circa 2008-2009. He kept repeating that Ron will not win the nomination, as if trying to convince himself that if he repeated it enough, he could make it true.

Erick's a young and seemingly bright guy, espouses Christianity, too young and too bright to be so entrenched in establishment land. I wonder at someone like him, because mostly I like him and where he comes from philosophically. He was already in thick with the establishment during the 2008 cycle. I wonder if he and others his age in the GOP back then feel somehow slighted by the RP R3volution, as if the RP'ers "weren't doing it right" but yet still garnering so much attention, standing on principle, and having fun at the same time. And we haven't gone away, in fact are still growing in influence. The Tea Party influence in Congress is directly attributable to us. Wonder if he feels his influence slipping already, at such an early time in his career? Or is he still basically 'doing what he's told' with promises of future reward? Or lastly, I guess he could actually firmly believe what he's spewing, and that's just a shame, 'cause it's just plain wrong.

Also, when will Jack Hunter get his due and replace guys like Hannity and Erickson? Sheesh.

When he gets a haircut and tones down the drawl a little.

AuH20
08-15-2011, 11:01 PM

I'm puzzled as well. Is he simply looking at it from the perspective of the strongest horse against Obama? Or does he really subscribe to Perry's fraudulent beliefs? Perry is a transparent fake who will make Bushie look like a piker after he's done. I feel like I'm trapped in a movie watching this unfold.

White Bear Lake
08-15-2011, 11:43 PM
Hotair is at least generally lets you say whatever you want so long as you aren't swearing, racist or possibly making fun of servicemen or something in really bad taste.

I say lots of controversial stuff, and the moderators never bother me there.

Can't say the same about Redstate.

Agree.

I use to rile them up at Hot Air quite a bit but I haven't been over there in awhile. Ed is annoyingly anti-Paul. AP is alright, I find most of what he writes hilarious.

AuH20
08-16-2011, 12:54 PM
Here is my redstate diary about Perry. Hope they don't delete it. It's hard hitting but compelling:

http://www.redstate.com/goldwaterlives/2011/08/16/why-erick-why-perry-is-the-king-of-rinos/

AuH20
08-16-2011, 01:46 PM
this guy's response is insane:

For instance, Texas can’t have a “deficit” because by law the legislature must pass a balanced budget. I don’t see where taking stimulus money or supporting TARP are “RINO”-ish decisions. The aren’t.

If you want to cheer on Ron Paul, feel free. But then you’d have to explain his grotesque history as a consumer of pork. But Perry is as conservative as anyone running for the GOP nomination and calling him a RINO just marks you as someone whose opinion is to be discounted.

Diurdi
08-16-2011, 01:54 PM
The funny thing is that Paul has not consumed any pork. Pork means it would be additional spending.
Instead Paul simply returns some of already taxed and spent money to his taxpayer constituents in the form of earmarks.

He even votes against his own earmark bills but the bottom line is that it's not additional spending. Just a way for his constituents to get something back for their taxes. If he didn't steer it to his constituents some bureaucrats would spend it in some agency instead.

Badger Paul
08-16-2011, 01:59 PM
The Battle Lines are Being Drawn in the Conservablogesphere

It's about time. If it's a war they want we'll give it to them and then some.

Understand everyone this isn't about education, this isn't about advancing a message. We did that four years ago. This is about power pure and simple. The GOP nomination is what we're after because if we get it, we can change politics. And send the Ericksons of the world off to Obamaland begging permission to enter like pathetic cretins they are.

AuH20
08-16-2011, 02:04 PM
I'm tearing them apart and all they can engage back with is ad hominem attacks. I'm striking a chord and then some.

Forget the dems, the grassroots don't buy it
goldwaterlives Tuesday, August 16th at 4:00PM EDT (link)

Do you honestly expect us to suspend all logic, after all the years we’ve been kicked, dragged and beaten up by the rogues impersonating republicans? Who passed the largest entitlement in the country until Obamacare? Who attempted to grant amnesty to 20 million plus illegal aliens? Who ran up massive deficits with no end sight while in control of a majority of the government? I don’t think you get it. The people aren’t going to summarily eat whatever dish is thrown in our general direction. The days of the McCains and the Perrys smothering themselves in the American flag are over. It’s finished.

AuH20
08-16-2011, 02:13 PM
So now I'm a dem operative. Me?

Your commentary thus far has been long on Democrat talking points and invective and short on facts and commonsense. If you can’t participate without spittle flying out of my monitor then I’ll terminate your account. That’s the deal that’s on the table right now.

AuH20
08-16-2011, 02:23 PM
this could get me terminated. Screw them. They don't have facts or logic on their side:

Where in the constitution does it authorize bailing out financial institutions?
goldwaterlives Tuesday, August 16th at 4:22PM EDT (link)

I think many of you need to pick up some Russell Kirk, Hayek or maybe even some Goldwater to rediscover what conservatives stand for. Apparently, any differing opinion is misconstrued as emanating from the vile left.