PDA

View Full Version : Jon Stewart should moderate the GOP debates

realtonygoodwin
08-15-2011, 09:12 PM
He will call everyone out and hold their feet to the fire.

libertybrewcity
08-15-2011, 09:33 PM
oh god..i like john stewart, but the GOP would forever be an even bigger joke than it already is.

RileyE104
08-15-2011, 10:21 PM
Comedy central should hold a debate.. lol.
The moderators could be Stewart, Colbert, Matt Stone and Trey Parker!
I'm sure they'd do better than any other debate moderators any presidential debate has had for who knows how long... :D

wstrucke
08-15-2011, 10:24 PM
Jon Stewart would do an amazing job. He knows when to make a joke and when to ask the real questions.

TRIGRHAPPY
08-15-2011, 10:25 PM
Oh my lord, this would be awesome. I would buy it on pay-per-view.....that's how awesome it would be.

realtonygoodwin
08-16-2011, 02:16 AM
Have you guys seen him debate on Crossfire or O'Reilly Factor? He can tear it up!

Romulus
08-16-2011, 08:46 AM
Great idea - John Stewart/Colbert should host a debate for Comedy Central.... of course RP would be there and it would be view favorably by independents and young R's. Think how bad it would make other creatures like Perry look. lol!

UtahApocalypse
08-16-2011, 08:54 AM
Honestly it would be better then the crap we have now. What ever happened to REAL debates; everyone answer the SAME question. Everyone gets SAME amount of time. What we have now is not a debate but a moderated panel discussion.

tasteless
08-16-2011, 08:57 AM
The only people who would show up would be Ron Paul and Gary Johnson

Zarn Solen
08-16-2011, 08:58 AM
Santorum would come. He's that into himself.

Verrater
08-16-2011, 09:02 AM
I actually agree that I would like to see this.

Bern
08-16-2011, 09:10 AM
Comedy Central debate would be awesome fun, but IMO, Colbert would not be a good moderator. His schtick is to promote himself primarily. Stewart at least tries to highlight issues.

mczerone
08-16-2011, 09:11 AM
Could a popular petition get CC to do this? Aren't they viacom? Do they or CBS have a debate scheduled they could transfer to CC?

Romulus
08-16-2011, 09:18 AM
Honestly it would be better then the crap we have now. What ever happened to REAL debates; everyone answer the SAME question. Everyone gets SAME amount of time. What we have now is not a debate but a moderated panel discussion.

They could openly mock the CNN format and ask stupid things like "Pancakes or Waffles"

fatjohn
08-16-2011, 09:21 AM
Comedy Central debate would be awesome fun, but IMO, Colbert would not be a good moderator. His schtick is to promote himself primarily. Stewart at least tries to highlight issues.

Yeah but you can't do it without him at least there would be one decent moderater this time.

Jingles
08-16-2011, 09:23 AM
Jon Stewart would do a better job than anyone else in the media. He does know when to be serious and when to be funny/make jokes. He would do a very good job. We might get a real debate then.

Warrior_of_Freedom
08-16-2011, 09:32 AM
Oh my lord, this would be awesome. I would buy it on pay-per-view.....that's how awesome it would be.

This

Jon Stewart would do a better job than anyone else in the media. He does know when to be serious and when to be funny/make jokes. He would do a very good job. We might get a real debate then.

Even when he's making a joke, there's more truth in it than Fing Fox.

neumoljiv
08-16-2011, 09:42 AM
Comedy central should hold a debate.. lol.
The moderators could be Stewart, Colbert, Matt Stone and Trey Parker!
I'm sure they'd do better than any other debate moderators any presidential debate has had for who knows how long... :D

good idea

to further the comedy scenario, have them only allow paul, bachmann and gingrich to participate

realtonygoodwin
10-20-2011, 08:46 AM
I think he should host a debate on a broadcast channel, for maximum exposure.

Maverick
10-20-2011, 08:51 AM
Man, I would pay good money to see this happen. This would be the most lulz-worthy event of the entire campaign season. :D

Unfortunately, Jon Stewart is an "evil lefty" and no one in the GOP establishment nor the other GOP candidates would ever go for a debate hosted by him.

10-20-2011, 08:53 AM
Name the price for this to happen. I'm in.

Philosophy_of_Politics
10-20-2011, 08:56 AM
Actually. I have a better idea. Ask Jon Stewart to do so, and if any opposing candidates to Ron deny the request, drudge it.

jbuttell
10-20-2011, 08:58 AM
not a fan of jon, but I have to admit, not a bad idea at all. It would still be a joke, but at least you'd have a professional at the helm.

Philosophy_of_Politics
10-20-2011, 09:03 AM
not a fan of jon, but I have to admit, not a bad idea at all. It would still be a joke, but at least you'd have a professional at the helm.

I say we do it. Because Jon could give other candidates a taste of their own medicine, by limiting how much time THEY receive. Then Ron could articulate his message, and then all of the videos and articles would flow as a result.

RIPLEYMOM
10-20-2011, 09:25 AM
The only people who would show up would be Ron Paul and Gary Johnson

Let the other candidates know how it feels to dread a debate. Let them NOT show-up and let America see who they really work for. They'll show up; they would have to show-up, and THIS would truly force them to perform under immense pressure. It would expose them. Let it be humorous at times. We know how well Ron does when interviewed on the Daily Show.

Oh goodness! please let me help put this together! You would have to mock each of the past debates having the candidates sit at times, stand, walk around. I would put look-alike impersonators of past commentators at different times sitting next to Jon Stewart and Colbert; maybe a Sarah Palin & Obama look alike. I would surprise the candidates with a talent segment; Ron could recite the constitution by memory; Perry could do his thing on the catwalk; Cain could make a pizza in less than 9.99 seconds! I would have them change wardrobes from casual to formal ( how they would dress in presidential situations at different times :D)...... oh, how I would love, just love, helping with this! Please can this be how I help volunteer for the campaign? :rolleyes:

Suzu
10-20-2011, 10:43 AM
I would surprise the candidates with a talent segment

I have suggested this in the past. But my suggestion (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?301592-Fun-Idea-for-some-future-debate) was to have each one dance for 30 seconds. The candidates choose the sort of dance they do, but they MUST dance for 30 seconds. Better yet, 45 or 60 seconds.

The dancing would show, non-verbally, volumes of info about each of them. People wouldn't even know how much they were learning about the candidates in this manner. They would be too busy being "entertained" to consciously realize the true nature of the data being conveyed.