PDA

View Full Version : Drudge keeping Ron in the mix!!

scottditzen
08-15-2011, 08:42 PM
Once a fringe candidate, Paul shaping 2012 race

DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) — Ron Paul, once seen as a fringe candidate and a nuisance to the establishment, is shaping the 2012 Republican primary by giving voice to the party's libertarian wing and reflecting frustration with the United States' international entanglements.

The Texas congressman placed second in a key early test vote Saturday in Ames, coming within 152 votes of winning the first significant balloting of the Republican nominating contest. Rep. Michele Bachmann of Minnesota won the nonbinding Iowa straw poll, but Paul's organizational strength and a retooled focus on social issues set him up to be a serious player in the campaign.

"I believe in a very limited role for government. But the prime reason that government exists in a free society is to protect liberty, but also to protect life. And I mean all life," he told a raucous crowd on Saturday...

read the rest here:

http://news.yahoo.com/once-fringe-candidate-paul-shaping-2012-race-205132862.html

KramerDSP
08-15-2011, 08:48 PM
Call me crazy, but Ron Paul's already won. The Yahoo comments are basically 14,000 people saying "F&^k it. I'm in. Ron Paul 2012".

"Ron Paul has a tough message,Listening to what he says is hard to take,the truth when your wrong usally is. He's right, our country is off track and he is pointing out the hard truths. My hats off to the man,he saw all this comming years ago,who else can say that? While he's not getting the coverage by the press everyone else in America talking about him."

The more i listen to Paul, the more i like him! The military industrial complex will never let him get the nomination.... but he'll get my vote!!!

I am voting for the candidate that scares the POOP out of Dems and Reps - RON PAUL!! I am tired of getting the same result over and over and things continuing to get worse. WAKE-UP America!!

KramerDSP
08-15-2011, 08:50 PM
And this gave me goosebumps.

For the first time in my life I will be gathering up as many friends, family and friends of friends and leading them by hand to vote for this man. Get behind him and make some noise. Ron Paul has done more positive things for this country than any other politician in history.

Democrat or Republican, it doesnt matter. Ron Paul is a Patriot and is his own man and hes not afraid to put his career on the line for the sake of his fellow countrymen/women. His history proves this.

The best thing all of the other 535 could do at this point if they wanted to prove they were half the man that Ron Paul is would be to resign.

wgadget
08-15-2011, 08:57 PM
Same kind of stuff going on over in the Twitter-sphere, where I've been hanging out since the Ames debate.

AWESOME. We really need to thank the media for ignoring Ron!

KramerDSP
08-15-2011, 09:06 PM
Amazing, Amazing.

RON PAUL FOR PRES. I HAVE BEEN A DEM FOR 60 YRS. I NOW WILL VOTE FOR RON PAUL. A VERY SMART COMON SENSE MAN.
Been a Dem for 56 years and my vote will be for Ron Paul this time. I am even going to jump onto his bandwagon and volunteer for his election..

Same here, whole family has been Dems for-ev-er, don't get me wrong, I'm not for the Reps all out, most of them are still huge DEECKS, but Ron Paul is different, he's the only politician I could ever find that actually votes the way he speaks, that alone is something that we need in this country. Anyway there's not much difference in the two parties these days, the only reason they sit around and argue all the time is to keep us busy trying to keep up with their shallow fake shit-talk, it doesn't work with me anymore, time to vote for a real person, not just a giant public relations ploy..... RON PAUL 2012!.

Yet - Paul has me too. Love a person with two first names.. I have been looking for someone near the center. He is as close as it gets..

Honestly, when I was heard about Ron Paul, I thought his supporters were indeed nuts. After watching his videos, I now understand why his supporters are crazy over him.

For the first time, I see someone with common sense and honesty to boot. If you have a rudimentary understanding of economics, you would realize that he is 100% accurate on the Feds.

Americans better wake up and wake up fast. You really don't have time anymore, in fact you're living on borrowed time. This isn't about right vs left anymore. Every election there is a defining issue and right now, it's the economy. The debt is at 14 trillion dollars and the dollar is fast losing value. The Chinese and Russians are talking about moving away from using the American dollar. Do you all understand what that means? It means, your dollars are going to be worth nothing, nothing but paper money.

Stop all wars and entitlement immideatly. You have no choice. The only candidate I see who is willing to tackle this seriously is Ron Paul. You simply don't have the money to be the worlds policeman anymore.

scottditzen
08-15-2011, 09:11 PM
I know, sooo many great insights in the comments section!!

And also from Drudge...some love from Politico of all places:

Ron Paul remains media poison

So I asked Paul Monday if the media blackout disturbed him,

“It did disturb me, but it was not a total surprise,” he replied. “The result at Ames was significant; it might well have propelled us to the top tier. The media cannot change that.”

Though the media can, of course, change that since we get to determine who the top tier is.

“It is hard for them to accept,” Paul said of his showing at Ames. “I had one interview scheduled for this morning, a national program, but they canceled. It is shocking to be told nobody wants you.”

Was this because technically Paul came in second and not first? I don’t think so. Four years ago, Mike Huckabee came in a bad second to Romney, losing by 13.4 percentage points. Huckabee managed to spin that into a victory at Ames and became a media darling.

But Paul almost wins the thing and he remains poison.

“They [the media] believe this guy is dangerous to the status quo,” Paul said, “but that is a reason to be more energized. I am a bit more challenging, but I am not on the wrong track. I don’t think that my ideas are more exotic. They are threatening.”

Read the article here:

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0811/61412.html

Arklatex
08-15-2011, 10:39 PM
Jon Stewart segment that exposes media blackout is huge!

speciallyblend
08-15-2011, 11:35 PM
Call me crazy, but Ron Paul's already won. The Yahoo comments are basically 14,000 people saying "F&^k it. I'm in. Ron Paul 2012".

yahooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :) glad i am one of them:)

Aratus
08-16-2011, 05:44 PM
Drudge has been rejecting perry PR in favor of old fashion'd hardnosed ben hecht era journalism?

KramerDSP
08-16-2011, 08:13 PM
Drudge has been rejecting perry PR in favor of old fashion'd hardnosed ben hecht era journalism?

Drudge knows where the winds are drifting and is a closet RP supporter.