PDA

View Full Version : Are Meetups still the main way to get involved on the Ground?

DeadheadForPaul
08-15-2011, 08:24 PM
Obviously things have changed since 2007. I haven't seen a lot on here about meetups...perhaps since facebook and other social media sites now allow for easier means of communication

I've moved since 2007/2008 to a new city and want to get involved on the ground. Is Meetup still the way to go? Facebook groups for my city?

ninepointfive
08-15-2011, 08:29 PM
We still have our "meetup" page, but it's hosted on ning at the moment. I think you're right about the social media spread since 4 years.

gerryb
08-15-2011, 08:58 PM
I think it really depends on your location. Look for: Meetup.com , Yahoo, Campaign For Liberty and/or Young Americans for Liberty. If none of these areas has a solid group that is working on projects yet, you should start a meetup group. There are coupons to reduce the cost, just search google for the codes.

Meetup.com is still my own personal preferred medium. I started two groups for counties in Maryland I'm in. One group has really taken off, and the other is just starting to gain steam.

Facebook, yahoo, etc. isn't good for creating organizations and communication yet.

realtonygoodwin
08-15-2011, 09:02 PM
Our's here in Hawaii is doing a LOT. Definitely the way to go.