PDA

View Full Version : MSM Protest

Björn
08-15-2011, 07:50 PM
Are we really going to sit back and let this happen again? I think it's about time for a good old fashioned non-violent protest (with marches and signs) against the mainstream news media. We need to get people outside the corporate offices of all the major news networks and publications - the sooner the better! It's one thing to send emails, post comments on articles, and plan moneybombs but if we actually had boots on the ground, it may have some impact. This censorship is disgusting and it really saddens me to see such obvious manipulation of the populace. We should demand equal coverage for all candidates to gain the most respect - not just Ron Paul. Support could also easily be extended to the third parties and I would think they might be willing to lend a hand.

It's time we told the media that it doesn't get to determine the winners of elections for us. I don't think another "labeled" (Black this Out) moneybomb is really going to do much in terms of media attention for the campaign - it might get a mention in the news but we need something bigger.

Maybe we could call it the Howard Beale (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0074958/) protest :confused:

You're beginning to believe the illusions we're spinning here. You're beginning to think that the tube is reality and your own lives are unreal. You do whatever the tube tells you. You dress like the tube, you eat like the tube, you raise your children like the tube, you even think like the tube! This is mass madness, you maniacs!

Dlynne
08-15-2011, 07:52 PM
Maybe a demonstration outside the FTC in Washington, D.C.?

Jackie Treehorn
08-15-2011, 07:54 PM
We need to do something. Is there anything we could do on a national level so everyone could be involved? This is so frustrating.

Björn
08-15-2011, 08:11 PM
We need to do something. Is there anything we could do on a national level so everyone could be involved? This is so frustrating.

Maybe part of the "Black this Out" moneybomb could support organization, transportation, etc.

sailingaway
08-15-2011, 08:14 PM
WE are doing a money bomb. If we did a demonstration and not many showed up they'd say we aren't upset... and many are doing a lot for the campaign. We don't want to spread too thin.

Ron is opening a campaign headquarters in NH on Wednesday, it would be cool if a big crowd were there, and it were reported.

Diashi
08-15-2011, 08:14 PM
I was going to propose something similar for supporters in LA. FOX is in West LA, CNN is in Hollywood, and NBC is in Burbank. If you're interested, say something.

Jackie Treehorn
08-15-2011, 08:23 PM
Maybe we can all hit major cities on the same day...? I know "sign waving isn't effective" but i'm just throwing things out.

I think it would be cool if a bajillion people were in major US cities waving "you can't ignore us anymore" signs or something.

YumYum
08-15-2011, 08:26 PM
I was going to propose something similar for supporters in LA. FOX is in West LA, CNN is in Hollywood, and NBC is in Burbank. If you're interested, say something.

Not just say something, but stand with signs in front of the media headquarters. That would make national news.

Björn
08-15-2011, 08:26 PM
WE are doing a money bomb. If we did a demonstration and not many showed up they'd say we aren't upset... and many are doing a lot for the campaign. We don't want to spread too thin.

Ron is opening a campaign headquarters in NH on Wednesday, it would be cool if a big crowd were there, and it were reported.

Hmmm... I guess I'm just thinking about something along the lines of the march on Washington in July of 2008. I think there's enough people out there - just need some organization.

Jackie Treehorn
08-15-2011, 08:30 PM
I would love to do some sign waving at media headquarters here in Dallas. ALL they ever report on is Perry Perry Perry...despite the fact that Ron Paul is from f*cking Texas too.

FFS, they're doing a report right now on his friends from high school who played basketball with him. Jesus.

JK/SEA
08-15-2011, 08:33 PM
Yeah, there is something you can do. Send Ron as much MONEY as you can for the next moneybomb. Nothing says it like a 5 million dollar pay day.

Diashi
08-15-2011, 08:35 PM
Not just say something, but stand with signs in front of the media headquarters. That would make national news.

That's why I mentioned those locations. If it's going to happen, we need about 20-30 people minimum on a location. Sailing is right that we shouldn't spread ourselves thin. I'm going to recommend FOX in West LA.

http://i.imgur.com/wXuWg.jpg

But CNN also works. Actually, Hollywood might be better since they have more traffic. But I also don't want it to look like we're only attacking 1 station because they're all guilty.

http://i.imgur.com/g6h1v.jpg

MJU1983
08-15-2011, 08:37 PM
Mass protests in every state capital? Or perhaps mass protests in every major city at their "affiliate" stations?

Jackie Treehorn
08-15-2011, 08:49 PM
Mass protests in every state capital? Or perhaps mass protests in every major city at their "affiliate" stations?

I like this, it allows people (like me and probably many others) to take part who can't commute to the capitol. Just my 2c

YumYum
08-15-2011, 08:50 PM
That's why I mentioned those locations. If it's going to happen, we need about 20-30 people minimum on a location. Sailing is right that we shouldn't spread ourselves thin. I'm going to recommend FOX in West LA.

http://i.imgur.com/wXuWg.jpg

But CNN also works. Actually, Hollywood might be better since they have more traffic. But I also don't want it to look like we're only attacking 1 station because they're all guilty.

http://i.imgur.com/g6h1v.jpg

I stood in front of the Fed in Nashville protesting with about 30 supporters and we were on the news. So I don't see why this wouldn't get even more attention.

Jackie Treehorn
08-15-2011, 09:32 PM
Keep the thread alive bump

Dark_Horse_Rider
08-15-2011, 09:54 PM
cancel your cable account

why pay to be lied to ?

thehighwaymanq
08-16-2011, 01:05 AM
I would be very down to protest outside CNN and Fox News in NYC.

"National MSM Protest day" in LA and NYC

The New Fury
08-16-2011, 01:27 AM
I can see these sort of protests getting the attention of passerby's and commuters, and being effective in that manner, but I have a hunch that these media outlets are not going to go out of their way and shoot themselves in the foot by covering this. And if you protested at multiple networks, one may fear reporting on another, as they could retaliate with the very same coverage. I just don't see the media covering a protest against shortcommings in it's coverage, but just my two cents.

economics102
08-16-2011, 01:49 AM
Here's a fun twist on the usual protest idea: what if we had an ongoing, non-stop protest for weeks/months, where instead of everyone coming out at once, participants rotated in "shifts" so that no matter what time a person walked by the entrance of an NBC or FOX building there was always 1-2 people solo protesting. Might strike some passersby as odd at first, but heads will start to turn when locals notice that there's ALWAYS protest going on and it's different people throughout the day and weeks. It would also probably really piss off the people that work for the channels, to have to walk by people pointing at you and yelling that you're corrupt/evil/whatever.