PDA

View Full Version : Insane man becomes billionare...

awake
08-15-2011, 06:44 PM
"My friends and I have been coddled long enough by a billionaire-friendly Congress, It's time for our government to get serious about shared sacrifice." Warren Buffett

This man is a certifiable nut.

smartguy911
08-15-2011, 06:49 PM
I wonder if he will feel comfy donating $10 billion since he wants to be taxed sooo much. He should get his buddies to donate $5-10 billion too and I am sure we can generate $20-30 billion in donations.

_b_
08-15-2011, 06:53 PM
If Warren feels so strongly about it he is free to donate to the treasury.

hxxps://www.pay.gov/paygov/forms/formInstance.html?agencyFormId=23779454

smartguy911
08-15-2011, 06:58 PM
If Warren feels so strongly about it he is free to donate to the treasury.

hxxps://www.pay.gov/paygov/forms/formInstance.html?agencyFormId=23779454

wow i didn't know our gov actually accepts donation to lower debt.

DamianTV
08-15-2011, 07:15 PM
If Congress expects us to "Share the Sacrifice", I think they should lead by example, by giving up their massive paychecks and benefits.

spladle
08-15-2011, 07:42 PM
http://econlog.econlib.org/archives/2011/08/stop_coddling_w.html

Brooklyn Red Leg
08-15-2011, 08:01 PM
Fucking lunatic must be suffering from Alzheimer's.

Mr. Smith
08-15-2011, 08:17 PM
Maybe he's trying to buy some compassion from the coming class riots. Who knows.

spladle
08-15-2011, 08:31 PM
I really don't see the need for such vitriol. The man is trying to do what he believes is right. Suggesting that he's crazy or insincere is ridiculous. He's simply misguided. Very disappointing to see this kind of hate being spread by supporters of the peace candidate. Stay classy, guys.

YumYum
08-15-2011, 08:37 PM
Maybe he's trying to buy some compassion from the coming class riots. Who knows.

lol!! He didn't buy a luxury submarine for when the SHTF.

TCE
08-15-2011, 08:40 PM
I really don't see the need for such vitriol. The man is trying to do what he believes is right. Suggesting that he's crazy or insincere is ridiculous. He's simply misguided. Very disappointing to see this kind of hate being spread by supporters of the peace candidate. Stay classy, guys.

I agree, we are quick to jump the gun when an opportunity to hate on someone arises, but in all seriousness, if he wants to be the figurehead for "shared sacrifice," he should start by donating at least $1 billion to the Treasury. That would make the papers and perhaps others would start doing the same thing.

Mr. Smith
08-15-2011, 08:49 PM
He did buy a submarine manufacturing company though.

awake
08-15-2011, 08:54 PM
Sorry, no sympathy here. He is calling on an organization of individuals who make their living through violence and theft to openly define what it sees as targets of opportunity and to expropriate those individuals without their consent.

If I went to the local neighborhood gang and handed over a portion of my belongings to them then told them that everyone else on my street was selfish for not donating to the gang like me; that they should be stolen from to make them like me , to do their part, what would you call me? I think 'crazy' would be kind...

He could give every last dime that he owns to the government and leave everyone else out of it. But that's not what he is calling for and assisting in.

brushfire
08-15-2011, 08:54 PM
Buffet is not insane. He simply wants everyone else to prop up his provider - he is a benefactor of the system.

I agree with those who respond by telling him to put his money where his mouth is. If its a good idea, more should voluntarily follow his example. He should not be using government to force his ideals on others.

FrankRep
08-15-2011, 09:07 PM
Warren Buffett says he prefers a Democrat for president (http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D90OSFE01)

Associated Press
May 19, 2008

Billionaire investor Warren Buffett said Monday he would be happy if either Barack Obama or Hillary Rodham Clinton were the Democratic nominee because both have what it takes to be president.

Buffett, who dubbed himself "a political bigamist," explained that he told both candidates that they would have his support when they were deciding to run for president. Buffett was in Frankfurt as part of a European tour to check out possible acquisitions for Omaha, Nebraska- based Berkshire Hathaway Inc., of which he is chairman and chief executive.

"I told both Hillary and Barack I'd support them, and I'd be equally happy if either of them were the nominee," he said. "Barack appears to have the nomination."

Teaser Rate
08-15-2011, 09:08 PM

There's no point in having a political ideology unless you can use it to make yourself feel superior to those who don't share it.

Dark_Horse_Rider
08-15-2011, 09:28 PM
All you can eat @

The Warring Buffet

The favorite restaurant of congressional and executive warmongers, status quo proponents, and supporters of massive government sprawl.

spladle
08-15-2011, 09:38 PM
I agree, we are quick to jump the gun when an opportunity to hate on someone arises, but in all seriousness, if he wants to be the figurehead for "shared sacrifice," he should start by donating at least $1 billion to the Treasury. That would make the papers and perhaps others would start doing the same thing.

This is an unrealistic expectation as you well should know. No man is as generous with his own money as he is with the money of others.

spladle
08-15-2011, 09:45 PM
Sorry, no sympathy here. He is calling on an organization of individuals who make their living through violence and theft to openly define what it sees as targets of opportunity and to expropriate those individuals without their consent.

If I went to the local neighborhood gang and handed over a portion of my belongings to them then told them that everyone else on my street was selfish for not donating to the gang like me; that they should be stolen from to make them like me , to do their part, what would you call me? I think 'crazy' would be kind...

He could give every last dime that he owns to the government and leave everyone else out of it. But that's not what he is calling for and assisting in.

Whatever the negative consequences of his call for action may be, it should be plain to every clear-thinking individual that they stem from ignorance rather than evil or insanity. As such, he absolutely is deserving of your sympathy, whether you choose to grant it or not. His goal is to make poor people better off than they are now. I can think of few nobler ends. That the proposed means of achieving them would undermine both liberty and the welfare of the poor is a tragedy. As such, it is appropriate to try and educate most open-minded people whom you encounter proposing such means as best you are able. But that is not what this thread is about. It was explicitly created to ridicule, mock, and stir up hatred for a kind-hearted but misguided old man, not terribly unlike the millions upon millions of voters needed to win a general presidential election. This is counterproductive, short-sighted, and - if I may be so bold - insane.

spladle
08-15-2011, 09:47 PM
There's no point in having a political ideology unless you can use it to make yourself feel superior to those who don't share it.

+rep