PDA

View Full Version : Too much hand wringing

schmeisser
11-02-2007, 05:56 PM
IMHO the kind of press that people are getting so upset over isn't that bad and may actually be energizing and increasing RP's support base. I only became active after RP was attacked by Hannity and I am sure there are a lot of people that see this type of coverage and say or think "wow, that is extremely disrespectful and dismissive to a person of RP's political and personal accomplishments"

They, as I did, go online, do a little more research, and start donating money and time to the effort. His message will trump bad coverage! Most real conservatives/republicans will not like the way he gets treated.

Yes, supporters should try a little harder to present a positive, lucid, and calm appearance to others. The respect people have for YOU personally will shed light on the MSM, when they realize "hey, Johnny likes RP and he is as conservative/professional/level headed/etc. as anyone I know". Why they calling RP a "kook"?

Can you only imagine the shrieks of fear when RP starts winning primaries? Want to get even? Mobilize, organize, and get out the vote. So many people are digusted and staying home this year that a strong movement like ours CAN win this thing.

Let's just do this and let more of this garbage just pass by without so much drama.

klamath
11-02-2007, 06:04 PM
I agree

schmeisser
11-02-2007, 06:22 PM
First, people need to realize this is not a GD "Second Life" election. Almost every registered Republican voter (primary voters) I've spoken to had never heard of Ron Paul. They will vote based upon what friends and family tell them about candidates. The online stuff is fun and valuable - but it alone WILL NOT WIN THIS THING!