PDA

View Full Version : Well, I guess we're going to have win then (Don't get mad, get even)

Badger Paul
08-15-2011, 05:48 PM
So even though Ron Paul statistically tied Michele Bachmann in the Iowa Straw Poll and demonstrated he can draw votes of actual Iowans, the infamous "he can't win" meme still exists among the media and the political class.

I know it is easy to get frustrated and angry at this lack of respect. I know they continuously move the goalposts on us and set standards other candidates with far more coverage aren't held too.

But after a while its just wasted energy. And that energy needs to be used for more productive measures.

Like winning.

They say we can't win? Fine. They'll we'll win then. If that's what it takes to finally get this monkey off our backs, then no problem.

We'll win.

If we can win the first six contests (Wyoming, Iowa, New Hampshire, South Carolina and Louisiana) then I think we'll be on our way towards the nomination. We beat Bachmann in Wyoming and Iowa we basically knock her out. We beat Romney in New Hampshire and Nevada and we knock him out and we beat Perry in South Carolina and Louisiana and we do the same thing to him.

It's that simple.

The campaign will have the resources to organize heavily in these four early states if we provide them those resources in the upcoming August and September moneybombs. Iowa, for example, still has a lot of projects that need to be funded and need to be funded before the fall so we have a shot there. And these are small enough states where Paul's skill at retail politics can make a big difference and even the odds. And given how well we did in Iowa, the campaign looks like it has the staff in place to get us where we need to go.

And for everyone else, now's the time to organize your states. The process will be a long and drawn out one this time around I believe. States are moving back their primaries away from the winter, away from the first four. We can get the jump on our rivals by building grassroots structures in each state because we have supporters in each states. Not all the remaining candidates can say that. It will give us a big advantage.

As maddening as it is for the media to pick and choose which candidates it deems "credible" or not even in the face of overwhelming evidence, it also a long time tradition. And Ron Paul isn't the first candidate whose credentials have been doubted before.

They said Catholic could never win the White House. They said a conservative could never win the Republican Party nomination. They said a non-union candidate couldn't win the Democratic Party nomination. They said a Southerner could never win the White House. They said a non-white person couldn't win either.

That's one thing we have over the media, never let it be said they made a fortune being right all the time. And we have Tim Pawlenty to show for it.

But ultimately Kennedy, Goldwater, McGovern, Carter and Obama all have one thing in common. They all had to prove themselves. They all had to win. At some point Kennedy had to win West Virginia; Goldwater had to win California; McGovern had to win Wisconsin; Carter had to win New Hampshire and Obama had to win Iowa. A victory will have to come where the media finally realizes what the public is trying say: We like this guy, and we're going to vote for him.

Ron Paul can get that victory in Iowa. He can get in New Hampshire and Nevada and South Carolina. And then they will have nothing more to say.

And boy won't the silence be golden.

sailingaway
08-15-2011, 05:49 PM
Yeah. They are great motivators.

free.alive
08-15-2011, 05:52 PM
If we can win the first six contests (Wyoming, Iowa, New Hampshire, South Carolina and Louisiana)...

We've got Louisiana covered!:D

kah13176
08-15-2011, 06:10 PM
]We've got Louisiana covered!:D

Why do you say that?

Badger Paul
08-15-2011, 07:28 PM
Be on guard Louisiana. I can easily see Perry and the crooked bastards in Louisiana who stole away our win cooking up something.