PDA

View Full Version : Dear Media: We owe you a debt of gratitude...

wgadget
08-15-2011, 05:28 PM
Thank you for ignoring and marginalizing Ron Paul, our next President.

In the past three days alone, you contributed immensely to a gain in his base, and exposed yourself for what you truly are--liars.

Best regards,

The Paulbots

free.alive
08-15-2011, 05:35 PM
It's a fantastic point. All they are doing is motivating us more. We are relentless. We ARE going for the win!

wgadget
08-15-2011, 05:37 PM
You would not BELIEVE all the pro-Paul traffic on Twitter...He has attracted a LOT of new voters because of this. It's as if the scales have fallen off the sheeple's eyes.

Amazing.

Bruno
08-15-2011, 05:38 PM
I have friends that are not supporters waking up to the media bias because of this.

silentshout
08-15-2011, 05:38 PM
Great post. It made me feel better at least :)

torchbearer
08-15-2011, 05:41 PM
It's a fantastic point. All they are doing is motivating us more. We are relentless. We ARE going for the win!

media black-out is the reason we started the moneybombs to begin with...

wgadget
Great post. It made me feel better at least :)

Hey, just go to twitter.com and search @ronpaul. The experience will wipe away every tear.

rich34
I know my dad is pissed and he's a democrat. He can now see the BS as well. I just hope this has a widespread affect and the campaign and Ron specifically uses it to their advantage by bringing this up in the next debate. If the last debate got 5 million viewers then that would be the best time for Ron to pick a fight with Romney/Perry and maybe the commentators if he's only getting 1 question per 30 minutes.. I can see it now, "Ron Paul comes out swinging on everyone!"

CaptUSA
08-15-2011, 05:43 PM
You would not BELIEVE all the pro-Paul traffic on Twitter...He has attracted a LOT of new voters because of this. It's as if the scales have fallen off the sheeple's eyes.

Amazing.

I don't do Twitter. (yeah, I know, I'm old) But is there a way someone could collect a bunch of these tweets so we could look at the comments? It would also be good for re-tweeting purposes - I think you can do that. There'd be some +rep in it for ya...

wgadget
I know my dad is pissed and he's a democrat. He can now see the BS as well. I just hope this has a widespread affect and the campaign and Ron specifically uses it to their advantage by bringing this up in the next debate. If the last debate got 5 million viewers then that would be the best time for Ron to pick a fight with Romney/Perry and maybe the commentators if he's only getting 1 question per 30 minutes.. I can see it now, "Ron Paul comes out swinging on everyone!"

People are literally Tweeting pro-Paul comments from all over the world. I saw Spanish, French, German and Chinese (or something that looked like Chinese.)

LibertyEagle
You energized us, media. It is exactly what we needed. Thank you very much.

CaptUSA
08-15-2011, 05:44 PM
People are literally Tweeting pro-Paul comments from all over the world. I saw Spanish, French, German and Chinese (or something that looked like Chinese.)

If that's true, we can re-tweet these things and make a real splash! This could be a story of its own! Do you see the potential here?! Dude, get this going!

Restore-America-NOW
08-15-2011, 05:51 PM

Not when I typed in "Ron Paul" they aren't. Someone posted about him being racist, another said he doesn't deserve more air time, another tweeted about how his supporters are crazy, another said we're 19 year old pot dealers who mess with polls. Don't get me wrong, there's a lot of pro-Paul stuff on there, but we still have a lot of work to do.

UtahApocalypse
08-15-2011, 05:52 PM
Three new Ron Paul supporters on my FB by Saturday night after I posted the Politico Headline picture. they all said that the Media will NOT decide who they vote for.

garyallen59
08-15-2011, 05:53 PM
TheDailyShow The Daily Show
Despite placing a strong 2nd in the #Iowa Straw Poll, @RonPaul is ignored by the media. Time for someone to buy a giant bus!..

free.alive
08-15-2011, 05:54 PM
Hey, just go to twitter.com and search @ronpaul. The experience will wipe away every tear.

Here's Roger Simon from Politico: "Ron Paul has proven himself to be a serious candidate. To Ron Paul supporters."

Imaginos
08-15-2011, 05:54 PM
The other day, I saw Korean.
The revolution is on fire, not just domestically but internationally!

wgadget
08-15-2011, 05:55 PM
If that's true, we can re-tweet these things and make a real splash! This could be a story of its own! Do you see the potential here?! Dude, get this going!

I've been tellin' you guys...THE MEDIA BLOWBACK *IS* THE STORY. Bigger than Perry, bigger than Ms. Randy Travis, maybe almost bigger than Ron Paul himself.;)

free.alive
08-15-2011, 05:55 PM
You energized us, media. It is exactly what we needed. Thank you very much.

It's true! I've been missing the '07 Buzz!

Philmanoman
08-15-2011, 05:56 PM
Posted this in another thread

Add this to the energy

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/08/13/7366544-bachmann-wins-ames-straw-poll

Bolded letters anyone?
the bottom part was not there with who came in what place just the top paragraph,when I 1st veiwed this the day of the straw poll.
from what ive read the comments are mostly favorable towards Ron Paul

wgadget
08-15-2011, 05:57 PM
Not when I typed in "Ron Paul" they aren't. Someone posted about him being racist, another said he doesn't deserve more air time, another tweeted about how his supporters are crazy, another said we're 19 year old pot dealers who mess with polls. Don't get me wrong, there's a lot of pro-Paul stuff on there, but we still have a lot of work to do.

Those are very few and far between. I just went over there and I did see a new crop of "He's a racist" comments, which are easily refuted. Those are the Obama clingers-on that remain, which are dwindling in number, trust me.

Warrior_of_Freedom
08-15-2011, 05:58 PM

Half of the haters are democrats who wouldn't vote Republican in the primaries anyway, or even know what a primary is.

wgadget
08-15-2011, 06:00 PM
Half of the haters are democrats who wouldn't vote Republican in the primaries anyway, or even know what a primary is.

Ron has seriously gained a slew of new fans from this. Go and look for yourself. It's incredible. I think a lot of it has to do with that video of the CNN/Politico guy saying that it's their job to kick out certain candidates and marginalize them.

V3n
08-15-2011, 06:33 PM
Ron Paul Forum Stats past 24 hours:
16221 Users have visited the forum. 1383 members and 14838 guests

Also his Facebook climbed about 6,000 new Likes since Saturday.

RonPaulFever
08-15-2011, 06:36 PM

A lot of these are probably kids who won't, or can't, vote.

Dark_Horse_Rider
08-15-2011, 06:50 PM
The other day, I saw Korean.
The revolution is on fire, not just domestically but internationally!

I have talked with many Koreans about Ron during the last election and am over here in HK now, telling whoever will listen !

IndianaPolitico
08-15-2011, 06:54 PM
I have talked with many Koreans about Ron during the last election and am over here in HK now, telling whoever will listen !
Cool! I am Korean, maybe I should start "Asians for Ron Paul" LOL!

Jandrsn21
08-15-2011, 07:05 PM
In a sense this is all pretty humorous, think about it, if this is all they got, we are in better shape than we even know! I was hearing lines of, we decide who is top tier, also you only had to see the straw poll numbers to see he did very well. Google trends and Alexa had RP, MB, and Ames straw poll, top 5 for two days! Tens of millions saw he did well, in my opinion, and the media either attacked him, ignored him, or just said we control reality! I don't care how dumb people are in this country, I'm sure that jolted many people to go whoa! I'm late to the game, I've been seeing off years, were they praise Paul, simply to make their outfit look legitimate and unbiased. But now, my mind has been blown! I saw it all and it is incredible!

Like I said they don't know what to do with this guy, and if this is the best they got, we are in GREAT shape! Remember Rand? When all outlets and media organizations started bashing him, everyone takes notice, and it only solidifies in people's minds that the Media is bad news and they aren't to be trusted!

Mithridates
08-15-2011, 07:05 PM
My girlfriend is Korean and has known about Ron Paul since 2007. She's actually asking me about him right now as she's sitting next to me and has noticed his picture on top. Not that she can vote in the US or anything (nor can I, I'm Canadian) but there you go.

On the Obama vs. Paul question: that's easy. Obama supporters should prefer an Obama - Paul matchup given the issues that would be discussed compared to Obama vs. Bachmann or whoever else. Just remind them that Obama's already in for 2012; what decides the theme of the election is the GOP nominee.

Dark_Horse_Rider
08-15-2011, 07:29 PM
Cool! I am Korean, maybe I should start "Asians for Ron Paul" LOL!

You know one really excellent possibility is reaching a very large number of Korean Americans via the Korean language newspapers.

If someone were to write a simple article explaining Dr. Paul's history and positions, just an honest picture of him, and have it featured in the main papers of L.A. and N.Y., soooo many people would know of him.

Starting a group could also be very beneficial, as anything forming real community is always an excellent thing, IMO.

Suzu
08-15-2011, 07:31 PM

I tried this. A week's worth of tweets appeared on one page. Was I supposed to leave off the @ sign in front of his name? Sorry, I don't "get" twitter yet.

Dark_Horse_Rider
08-15-2011, 07:35 PM
p.s. --- Dearest Media,

I know I have been highly critical of you in the past, just wanted to say thanks !

you have made it possible for the real revolution to begin !

Sincerely,

Dark_Horse_Rider

HOLLYWOOD
08-15-2011, 07:36 PM

Amazing.Anything on this morning's MSNBC Morning Joe? There were a ton of us on twitter sending Scarborugh the RP close 2nd, (0.9%) from 1st and the subsequent collaborative MSM blackout. I wonder if Joe mentioned anything during the show. He likes RP and has some clout over the Producers agenda.

freedoms-light
08-15-2011, 07:36 PM
“if they keep quiet, the stones Internets will cry out.”

wstrucke
08-15-2011, 07:57 PM
You know one really excellent possibility is reaching a very large number of Korean Americans via the Korean language newspapers.

If someone were to write a simple article explaining Dr. Paul's history and positions, just an honest picture of him, and have it featured in the main papers of L.A. and N.Y., soooo many people would know of him.

Starting a group could also be very beneficial, as anything forming real community is always an excellent thing, IMO.

This is a *really* good idea.

Dark_Horse_Rider
08-15-2011, 09:08 PM
This is a *really* good idea.

Thanks.

IndianaPolitico's post helped me to think of that.

Something that I have noticed is how important those papers figure into getting information to the pretty tight knit community.

shenlu54
08-15-2011, 09:55 PM

Sure,we have our own national 'twitter' in Chinese,since the website of twitter is blocked here.

Even so ,there are a lot of people spreading Ron Paul's words in China's 'twitter'.

Suzu
08-15-2011, 10:07 PM
I would really appreciate an answer to the question I asked in post #31 above.... I'm starting to feel like the subject of a "RPFs Blackout"! Not only due to this oversight but it seems like it happens a lot, and I have the last post in way too many threads.

heavenlyboy34
08-15-2011, 10:09 PM

Is there a market for Russian Americans? I could do some translations for y'all. (I plan on translating RP's books/essays for Mises Institute anyway) I can imagine it already-Рон Паул на русскком языке. :) :cool:

Dark_Horse_Rider
08-15-2011, 10:15 PM
Is there a market for Russian Americans? I could do some translations for y'all. (I plan on translating RP's books/essays for Mises Institute anyway) I can imagine it already-Рон Паул на русскком языке. :) :cool:

I am sure there is, and probably are some members here could tell you more about it.

Cooking from the outside-in

Dark_Horse_Rider
08-15-2011, 10:20 PM
I would really appreciate an answer to the question I asked in post #31 above.... I'm starting to feel like the subject of a "RPFs Blackout"! Not only due to this oversight but it seems like it happens a lot, and I have the last post in way too many threads.

Hi Suzu !

Wish I could help you with that.

I have never twitter'd, facebook'd, and gave my first rep only few days ago.

Hope someone will chime in,

or perhaps you could start a thread ?

bluesc
08-15-2011, 10:20 PM

You can leave out the @, but if you type it as "ronpaul", you will see underneath "Results for ronpaul" it will have a drop down menu, then you can change that from "top" to "all", and it will have all the latest tweets.

Also if you search "ron paul" it has many more tweets, but remember the drop-down menu to get all the lastest results.

Hope that helps.

IterTemporis
08-15-2011, 10:21 PM
A tweet from Donald Trump :

realDonaldTrump Donald J. Trump
Ron Paul is right that we are wasting trillions of dollars in Iraq and Afghanistan.

AlienLanes82
08-15-2011, 10:22 PM
Take a look at the 30-day trend of Ron Paul on Google Trends. Something has really happened in the last 3 days.

He's catching on, I'm telling ya!

invisible
08-16-2011, 12:23 AM
Hi Suzu !

Wish I could help you with that.

I have never twitter'd, facebook'd, and gave my first rep only few days ago.

Hope someone will chime in,

or perhaps you could start a thread ?

You two aren't the only ones, I don't do twitter or fb either.