PDA

View Full Version : fox now talking about paul BUT..... :mad

satchelmcqueen
08-15-2011, 05:18 PM
ive seen this twice now in about 3 hours. chris wallace asked carl cameron and the black headed guy on special report....he acknowledged that he had gotten alot of emails about the lack of paul coverage. then he asked the others "why arent we giving him his due?"

the answer was the same from both people...in a nut shell....the answer was "he is not mainstream. the straw poll shows enthusiasm vs actual support. paul is libertarian and america is not. he wont win. he wont get elected."

so this is gonna be how theyre gonna justify not covering paul from this point on. :mad::mad:

sailingaway
08-15-2011, 05:20 PM
What about the polls? They don't count either?

Sola_Fide
08-15-2011, 05:21 PM
That is ridiculous.

rich34
08-15-2011, 05:24 PM
That's why Paul has to decide if he really wants to go for it or not.. The next debate the man has got to come out swinging and I mean cover all of this media blackout nonsense and hit up Romney/Perry by turning it into a mini debate. That's what they let the "mainstream" candidates do amongst themselves and this is what Paul needs to do, pick a fight and hit em hard! Force the media to talk about him, the grassroots can only do so much and now we're at a point to where the media is solely holding us back because of PERCEPTION. They are using that against us like crazy and the perception is that "he can't win." Grassroots isn't going to change that, Ron Paul has to come out swinging in the next debate, period!

CaptUSA
08-15-2011, 05:27 PM
"Yeah, it's just a bunch of college kids playing games with the polls..."

You know what? I'm not a college kid. I'm a 40 year old professional! I support Paul because I saw through all the media Bullshit!

This is the establishment telling us who they think should win. They are not reporting, they're instructing. Somehow, we need to wake up real people to what is going on here. I'm not sure how that is done except for one at a time, but I think it's obvious we need to work harder. They're not going to let us into their game, no matter how many polls we win.

1000-points-of-fright
08-15-2011, 05:28 PM
the answer was the same from both people...in a nut shell....the answer was "he is not mainstream. the straw poll shows enthusiasm vs actual support. paul is libertarian and america is not. he wont win. he wont get elected."

You'd think that someone who is not mainstream Almost winning the Iowa Straw Poll would be an actual story. When was the last time anyone even remotely not mainstream did so well?

Ronulus
08-15-2011, 05:29 PM
Enthusiasm vs support? How does on get enthused about a candidate without also supporting him?

Warrior_of_Freedom
08-15-2011, 05:31 PM

As if college students are irrelevant.
It's not like we're hacking, or fixing the polls (cough)
It's asinine for anyone to believe we are discredited because we are organized.

mit26chell
08-15-2011, 05:32 PM
At this rate I highly doubt Ron will be invited to anymore debates. Looks like the media just flipped the switch - they're done covering Paul.

Captain America
08-15-2011, 05:32 PM
What are the email addresses?

Deborah K
08-15-2011, 05:33 PM

You know what? I'm not a college kid. I'm a 40 year old professional! I support Paul because I saw through all the media Bullshit!

This is the establishment telling us who they think should win. They are not reporting, they're instructing. Somehow, we need to wake up real people to what is going on here. I'm not sure how that is done except for one at a time, but I think it's obvious we need to work harder. They're not going to let us into their game, no matter how many polls we win.

We need to air dozens and dozens of TV ads all over the nation starting with the caucus states and air them on prime time popular shows. The media controls the people. This is the only way that we can control the media.

silentshout
08-15-2011, 05:33 PM
Makes me so glad I stopped watching TV news and pretty much everything else several years ago. Yep, I know my views aren't mainstream..thank goodness. Sadly, it is what it is :(

rich34
08-15-2011, 05:35 PM
At this rate I highly doubt Ron will be invited to anymore debates. Looks like the media just flipped the switch - they're done covering Paul.

If that be the case then Paul should run third party and flip the bird to the GOP..!..

LibertyEagle
08-15-2011, 05:35 PM
This is the establishment telling us who they think should win. They are not reporting, they're instructing.

We need to air dozens and dozens of TV ads all over the nation starting with the caucus states and air them on prime time popular shows. The media controls the people. This is the only way that we can control the media.

I agree.

I'm pissed.

Let's do it.

Pheonix
08-15-2011, 05:37 PM
I agree.

I'm pissed.

Let's do it.

By no means do we have the finances for a national media campaign. RP needs at LEAST $10 million to achieve a feat like that, which I doubt we can raise on the 20th.

Deborah K
08-15-2011, 05:39 PM
By no means do we have the finances for a national media campaign. RP needs at LEAST $10 million to achieve a feat like that, which I doubt we can raise on the 20th.

If he were to announce that he intends to do an all out TV ad campaign in light of the fact that the media won't cover him, I bet he'd raise at least 5 million!

Ronulus
08-15-2011, 05:43 PM
I would donate 100$ right now if I knew it were going towards prime time tv commercials.

Tinnuhana
08-15-2011, 06:22 PM
Isn't this what RevPAC is supposed to be doing?

libertybrewcity
08-15-2011, 06:23 PM
When Ron wins Iowa NH SC and NV, they will think twice.

Deborah K
08-15-2011, 06:30 PM

We're still trying to raise funds too, hence the superbomb on Sept. 19th. But Ron's campaign should take this on, and the superpac can supplement it with ads funded by donors who are maxed out. This is just my opinion, it isn't sanctioned by the PAC.

edit: sorry - got the date wrong.

Dlynne
08-15-2011, 06:43 PM
I do wish we would get some leadership and direction from the campaign or at least the RevPAC.

RonPaulFever
08-15-2011, 06:45 PM
If that be the case then Paul should run third party and flip the bird to the GOP..!..

They have to know that this would guarantee and Obama victory, but they're so begrudging I think they'd rather have that than a Paul presidency.

Napoleon's Shadow
08-15-2011, 06:53 PM
FOX news room 212-301-5800

Cleaner44
08-15-2011, 06:53 PM
What are the email addresses?

Chris Wallace

Host
+1.202.824.6300
chris.wallace@foxnews.com

Carl Cameron

Chief Correspondent
+1.202.824.6305
carl.cameron@foxnews.com

pacu44
08-15-2011, 07:28 PM
"yeah, it's just a bunch of college kids playing games with the polls..."

you know what? I'm not a college kid. I'm a 40 year old professional! I support paul because i saw through all the media bullshit!

This is the establishment telling us who they think should win. They are not reporting, they're instructing. Somehow, we need to wake up real people to what is going on here. I'm not sure how that is done except for one at a time, but i think it's obvious we need to work harder. They're not going to let us into their game, no matter how many polls we win.

they report< they decide....

FreedomProsperityPeace
08-15-2011, 07:56 PM
At this rate I highly doubt Ron will be invited to anymore debates. Looks like the media just flipped the switch - they're done covering Paul.Yeah, the thought crossed my mind about how long it will be before they start cutting him out of debates. :mad:

justatrey
08-15-2011, 08:03 PM
Chris Wallace

Host
+1.202.824.6300
chris.wallace@foxnews.com

Carl Cameron

Chief Correspondent
+1.202.824.6305
carl.cameron@foxnews.com

Thanks for posting this. I emailed both - somehow managing to stay polite.

Agorism
08-15-2011, 08:05 PM
This is the difference of 152 votes really.

Bachmann went to almost 50% on Intrade after she got a narrow victory. That's just the side of the coin we landed on.

bolidew
08-15-2011, 08:15 PM
Yeah, the thought crossed my mind about how long it will be before they start cutting him out of debates. :mad:

As soon as that happens, Ron Paul should declare to run as independent/3rd party (which can have a chance to win this time. )

musicmax
08-15-2011, 08:31 PM
We need to air dozens and dozens of TV ads all over the nation

Yeah, the way to defeat CBS is to write CBS a big check.

Narmical
08-15-2011, 08:38 PM

Welcome to the free market buddy. Money talks. Didn't you learn anything from Dr. Paul?

wstrucke
08-15-2011, 08:44 PM

The does beg the question --- what the heck is RevPAC doing??

truthdivides
08-15-2011, 08:52 PM
The does beg the question --- what the heck is RevPAC doing??

Trying to get money. They can't do anything without money.

satchelmcqueen
08-15-2011, 08:52 PM
You'd think that someone who is not mainstream Almost winning the Iowa Straw Poll would be an actual story. When was the last time anyone even remotely not mainstream did so well?
ross rerot...

aravoth
08-15-2011, 08:55 PM
where's that clip of them talking about it?

KEEF
08-15-2011, 08:56 PM
Enthusiasm vs support? How does on get enthused about a candidate without also supporting him?

Yeah but who is John Galt?

IDefendThePlatform
08-15-2011, 09:07 PM
When Ron wins Iowa NH SC and NV, they will think twice.

+1000

National is a bad strategy with limited $$. We need to focus on the first three states, period.

We should all be canvassing and getting involved and becoming delegates locally, but we need to pool our spare cash and direct it towards those three states or we will lose.

There is no path to the nomination that allows us to go through the first three states without a win, and probably can't even survive losing both New Hampshire and South Carolina. Since its inception in 1980, no Republican has ever won the nomination without winning South Carolina.

Having said that, I think all three are potentially winnable, although New Hampshire is going to be tough to take away from Mandate Mitt.

Deborah K
08-16-2011, 08:29 AM

It's called beating them at their own game. Infiltration. Everyone knows you can't win an election without money and name recognition.

TulsaRevolution
08-16-2011, 08:38 AM
If America isn't Libertarian, shouldn't our money have "Control" stamped on it instead of "Liberty"?