PDA

View Full Version : Ron, it is time to take off the gloves and be assertive

rbohlig
08-15-2011, 04:01 PM
The time for being humble and nice is over. It is very clear that there is another concerted effort to block or distort the message of Ron Paul.

If Ron Paul is serious about wanting to win the presidency, he MUST become more aggressive and make himself stand out more amongst voters.

I've noticed that there has been a frustration among the grassroots that Ron hasn't been aggressive enough in calling others out on their hypocrisy, I've also noticed many supporters rushing to defend Ron about this, saying something along the lines of "That's how he is, humble and won't brag, my champion of liberty".

Guess what, I'm willing to bet that Rick Perry isn't a very nice born again Christian, but he damn well pretends to because this is what will get him elected.

The time has come for someone close to Ron (preferably Doug Wead) to sit him down and tell him that until he is willing to go a little outside his comfort zone and be more assertive and braggadocios, he will be largely ignored by a vast majority of the electorate who still get a majority of their news from traditional sources.

It is time to start playing POLITICS, I am sick of us taking the high ground.

Tonight on Piers Morgan, Ron Paul: "It is very clear from the coverage of the straw poll this weekend that I'll be forced to take on both the rest of the establishment candidates and the mainstream media. I think there was a lot of resentment among republican voters last election, they felt like John McCain was sort of forced down their throats by the MSM. I see that same effort again this election and it is disheartening. I don't think the voters will let that same thing happen again. People see the bias, people recognize the agenda and I really do think it will backfire both on the media and the establishment party. Despite this our supporters have kept their heads held high and continued promoting the message of liberty. We have quadrupled our support so far in Iowa and we believe that is a tremendous step in the right direction."

Unleash the Dragon Ron, we know you've waited for 40 years, let nothing be left unsaid when it is all done.

trey4sports
08-15-2011, 04:03 PM
The time for being humble and nice is over. It is very clear that there is another concerted effort to block or distort the message of Ron Paul.

If Ron Paul is serious about wanting to win the presidency, he MUST become more aggressive and make himself stand out more amongst voters.

I've noticed that there has been a frustration among the grassroots that Ron hasn't been aggressive enough in calling others out on their hypocrisy, I've also noticed many supporters rushing to defend Ron about this, saying something along the lines of "That's how he is, humble and won't brag, my champion of liberty".

Guess what, I'm willing to bet that Rick Perry isn't a very nice born again Christian, but he damn well pretends to because this is what will get him elected.

The time has come for someone close to Ron (preferably Doug Wead) to sit him down and tell him that until he is willing to go a little outside his comfort zone and be more assertive and braggadocios, he will be largely ignored by a vast majority of the electorate who still get a majority of their news from traditional sources.

It is time to start playing POLITICS, I am sick of us taking the high ground.

Tonight on Piers Morgan, Ron Paul: "It is very clear from the coverage of the straw poll this weekend that I'll be forced to take on both the rest of the establishment candidates and the mainstream media. I think there was a lot of resentment among republican voters last election, they felt like John McCain was sort of forced down their throats by the MSM. I see that same effort again this election and it is disheartening. I don't think the voters will let that same thing happen again. People see the bias, people recognize the agenda and I really do think it will backfire both on the media and the establishment party. Despite this our supporters have kept their heads held high and continued promoting the message of liberty. We have quadrupled our support so far in Iowa and we believe that is a tremendous step in the right direction."

Unleash the Dragon Ron, we know you've waited for 40 years, let nothing be left unsaid when it is all done.

Ron doesn't bend to others wishes. He is who he is, you nor I can change how he does business.

rich34
08-15-2011, 04:08 PM
I've been saying this for a while now. I think in the upcoming debates Ron needs to go right after them and openly tell the world that he's the ONLY frickin candidate on the stage that has called this from the beginning. Bachmann talks that BS and people actually believe her. Ron needs to pick a fight with either Romney, or Perry so that will setup a mini debate as they did last week with Bachmann and Pawlenty. Pawlenty goofed up big time when the commentators tried to set him up back in May for a big fight with Romney which would have gave him a huge boost, but he passed on the opportunity to call out Romneycare. Ron needs to do this and jump right in, if not, he'll be lucky to get 3 questions per debate while the "frontrunners" get 10 thus giving the impression that they are the only ones that matter. Please, those that are close to the campaign, get them to change direction and start attacking. The media is going to keep ignoring us no matter what we do if not!

UtahApocalypse
08-15-2011, 04:11 PM
Ron doesn't bend to others wishes. He is who he is, you nor I can change how he does business.

^^this

We don't need Ron to be the one doing this stuff. The Reason many of him support him is because HE DOES NOT CHANGE. He is consistent, reliable, honest. We do however need Rand, Doug, Jack Hunter, and others out there calling this stuff out.

RonPaulFever
08-15-2011, 04:14 PM
I agree with the OP and sent an email to the campaign saying the same thing. He needs to start calling a spade a spade and make some headlines.

rbohlig
08-15-2011, 04:16 PM

This was the whole point of my post, if he is serious about wanting to win the nomination, his style will have to adapt to compete. Saying "It's not his style, he can't change" is a cop out and from a lot of our perspectives the fact that he won't admit he has a delivery problem and refuses help is frustrating.

Many of us are devoting time and money to this campaign, if it is an educational campaign, so be it.

But if he is serious in wanting to win, there are things which need to be improved, delivery being one of them.

rbohlig
08-15-2011, 04:18 PM
^^this

We don't need Ron to be the one doing this stuff. The Reason many of him support him is because HE DOES NOT CHANGE. He is consistent, reliable, honest. We do however need Rand, Doug, Jack Hunter, and others out there calling this stuff out.

I didn't realize Doug Wead and Jack Hunter were running for President...

rich34
08-15-2011, 04:24 PM
I didn't realize Doug Wead and Jack Hunter were running for President...

I agree totally! It wasn't the campaign manager for Rick Santorum that called Ron out over Iran it was Rick Santorum. If Ron did this to Romney over Romneycare, or to all of them over him being the only one on stage to have called this economic meltdown from the beginning the media couldn't ignore him especially if he turned it into a fight between he and one of the "frontrunners" just as Santorum tried to do Ron. It's time Ron has to step up his game, the grassroots can't do everything.

Jingles
08-15-2011, 04:57 PM
Guys this is the purpose of RevPac and such. As well as us to spread the records of these fools. Ron has been getting a bit more aggressive though. He calls people out on ideas not their personalities and etc...

He did call out Perry. I'm sure he will have some choice words for him considering he lives in Texas. We'll be okay guys.

belian78
08-15-2011, 05:02 PM
I completely agree with the OP. It's time to get pissed off Ron, not 1988 pissed off but he definitely needs to be calling out the other candidates. We need to do it as well, but we should be backing up Ron's lead.

These neanderthals in the GOP respond to the alpha presence, and if Ron wanted, he could vocally squash every last one of the candidates without even raising his voice. I say do it, if he is serious about winning, he needs to go for the throat.

rbohlig
08-15-2011, 06:25 PM
:mad:

We get the reason we all love Ron is because he is so consistent and true to his beliefs. If this were a campaign to maintain the size and support of your base, Ron would truly be a frontrunner.

As it stands right now, his reluctance to get help for debate prep and his meekness when it comes to his record and his predictions are hurting his ability to convert establishment GOP voters and Tea Party people who only listen to Rush and Hannity.

However sad it may be, we are going to need to convert those people en masse in order to have a legitimate shot at winning the nomination.

Whether we want to admit it or not, Ron Paul is the face of this message. Relying solely on other spokespeople or RevPac to deliver factual statements on other candidates is foolish.

He already led by being the lone voice of sanity in congress, I don't think it is unreasonable to ask him to lead by promoting his record and delivering a concise, positive message to the American people.

trey4sports
08-15-2011, 06:31 PM
Like this....? lol (note: this is satire, i'm not suggesting Ron should do this)

"Maybe the government should put you on a diet!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88REf0tjZHo

RonPaulFever
08-15-2011, 06:35 PM
Maybe give him a Red Bull before he takes the stage? :)

rbohlig
08-15-2011, 06:46 PM
[QUOTE=trey4sports;3472929]Like this....? lol (note: this is satire, i'm not suggesting Ron should do this)

"Maybe the government should put you on a diet!"

Yes I've seen that clip, while I'm not suggesting he needs to be cruel or grumpy, a little fire and some prepared quick little jabs provide all the media coverage and air time we need to draw more intrigue.

Case in point, I thought Newt Gingrich had some very good one liners in the last debate. They were clearly rehearsed answers and he was waiting for a softball, but they probably resonated the most with the audience that night. Here is another great example of a witty jab that was obviously rehearsed but still became one of the highlights of the campaign

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdkfZ7ya3k4

We know in debates he will be called out on his "isolationism". How he doesn't have a canned response back to some of his problem areas yet is troubling to me.

Obviously the vast majority of the electorate isn't very astute, something like this goes a long way towards disarming people and allows them to be more perceptive to his real message.

outspoken
08-15-2011, 06:47 PM
Maybe give him a Red Bull before he takes the stage? :)

Ron Paul already has wings (and a halo) in my book! Ron will always take the high road and he is not going to get into pissing matches with people/candidates that have an inferior intellect and lack the desire to overcome their thirst for power to do what is right for the nation. What I love bout Ron is also what frustrates me... even Jesus got pissed at the money changers... get fired up Ron!