PDA

View Full Version : Hannity DEFENDING Ron Paul on radio right now!

Havax
08-15-2011, 03:50 PM
I couldn't believe my ears. He just blasted a caller for dissing Ron Paul supporters and said he agrees with Ron and he is right on everything but he just has a fundamentally different belief on national defense. I think this has completely to do with Rand's friendship with him. Also, I think the Paul supporters in Ames left a favorable impression on Hannity. The key to winning over these types is to be polite. Everyone needs to read 'How to Win Friends and Influence People'.

AdamT
08-15-2011, 03:51 PM
Yes, I think Hannity has a man-crush on Rand.

pauliticalfan
08-15-2011, 03:52 PM
Would love to hear audio of this.

And yes, Rand has a lot to do with this.

trey4sports
I couldn't believe my ears. He just blasted a caller for dissing Ron Paul supporters and said he agrees with Ron and he is right on everything but he just has a fundamentally different belief on national defense. I think this has completely to do with Rand's friendship with him.

Yeah, i believe that is completely true. Rand is a good ambassador.

georgiaboy
please, elaborate. My respectometer is twitching.

kah13176
08-15-2011, 03:53 PM
Someone needs to call in and quote Reagan's endorsement.

PastaRocket848
well i know one thing.... rand paul is ron paul with media support. if ron doesnt win the nomination i may seriously consider voting dem... if only to open up a rand 2016 opportunity.

misconstrued
Can't wait to hear this...

ForLibertyFight
Hannity really likes Rand which means he secretly likes Ron.

low preference guy
08-15-2011, 03:54 PM
what a conversion.

it's like a miracle.

angelatc
08-15-2011, 03:55 PM
yes, i think hannity has a man-crush on rand.

nttawwt...

JackieDan
08-15-2011, 03:55 PM
I would like to hear this conversation! Tube it anyone?

angelatc
08-15-2011, 03:56 PM
well i know one thing.... rand paul is ron paul with media support. if ron doesnt win the nomination i may seriously consider voting dem... if only to open up a rand 2016 opportunity.

Damned straight. First time in my life, I think.

Bruno
08-15-2011, 03:56 PM
Was this on the delayed program, or live? One hour delay here, I may still catch it next hour.

jmdrake
08-15-2011, 03:57 PM
what a conversion.

it's like a miracle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MbkRaOUYVA

libertybrewcity
08-15-2011, 03:57 PM
it's almost like these talk radio hosts are bi polar. one day they're for us, one day they hate us.

jmdrake
08-15-2011, 03:58 PM
I couldn't believe my ears. He just blasted a caller for dissing Ron Paul supporters and said he agrees with Ron and he is right on everything but he just has a fundamentally different belief on national defense. I think this has completely to do with Rand's friendship with him. Also, I think the Paul supporters in Ames left a favorable impression on Hannity. The key to winning over these types is to be polite. Everyone needs to read 'How to Win Friends and Influence People'.

So I guess this means no more snowballs? :D

Johnnymac
08-15-2011, 03:59 PM
wow im laughing in joy right now i want to hear that anyone got a link?

RonPaulFever
08-15-2011, 04:00 PM
it's almost like these talk radio hosts are bi polar. one day they're for us, one day they hate us.

He wouldn't DARE give Ron any support on prime time TV. Glenn Beck has expressed similar sentiments on his radio show, but on TV it's a different story.

Inkblots
08-15-2011, 04:00 PM
Who did what, now? Youtube or it didn't happen!

Seriously, though, this is good news. And very, very unexpected.

TexasJake
08-15-2011, 04:01 PM
Hannity has lightened up on Ron big time since last go-round.

Agorism
08-15-2011, 04:01 PM
Hasn't' he always said that he agrees with Ron on everything but foreign policy?

No change here.

Johnnymac
08-15-2011, 04:02 PM
sound bite or youtube or it didnt happen!

mpdsapuser
08-15-2011, 04:02 PM
Well, Michael Savage went from not taking callers discussing Ron Paul to actually having the man on and agreeing with him. I think the key with Hannity is making him figure out that cowboy diplomacy does nothing to improve our national defense.

Darin
08-15-2011, 04:05 PM
How long until Hannity is let go?

Havax
08-15-2011, 04:06 PM
Hasn't' he always said that he agrees with Ron on everything but foreign policy?

No change here.

Yeah but I've never heard him cut a caller off in the middle of trashing Ron to vehemently defend him. He said he was falling into the liberal trap to divide us then went on a mini tirade listing off all the things Ron Paul is "right" on (even mentioning gold and the fed). The caller then backed off immediately and said he agrees with Ron 90% of the time.

trey4sports
08-15-2011, 04:06 PM

No change here.

No. He harps on Pauls social stances a lot as well. it used to be "I agree with Ron Paul on some economic issues..." now it tends to be "I agree with Ron Paul on everything but foreign policy..." although the latter is probably not fully correct. Anyway, this really doesn't do much to help us win this election. We need to get Ron money. Pledge here, https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=233090810061090

growburn13
08-15-2011, 04:07 PM
sound bite or youtube or it didnt happen!

seconded. please post here asap if you come across one, would love to hear this and spread it like wildfire.

TroySmith
Sometimes I wonder if the Republicans aren't trying to set up a situation where RP is guaranteed to be Treasury Secretary in order to garnish the libertarian wings support. Given a Bachmann ticket, I think this would be the 2nd best outsome besides Ron actually being president himself.

PastaRocket848
i would argue that a favorable sean hannity would be worth quite a bit of cash in itself....

Warrior_of_Freedom
08-15-2011, 04:09 PM
what a conversion.

it's like a miracle.

*tear rolls down cheek*

ForLibertyFight
08-15-2011, 04:09 PM
Yeah but I've never heard him cut a caller off in the middle of trashing Ron to vehemently defend him. He said he was falling into the liberal trap to divide us then went on a mini tirade listing off all the things Ron Paul is "right" on (even mentioning gold and the fed). The caller then backed off immediately and said he agrees with Ron 90% of the time.

The caller is a pussy.

speciallyblend
08-15-2011, 04:11 PM
no snowballs in iowa. They throw bricks so hannity is on his best behavior;)

specsaregood
08-15-2011, 04:11 PM
Sometimes I wonder if the Republicans aren't trying to set up a situation where RP is guaranteed to be Treasury Secretary in order to garnish the libertarian wings support. Given a Bachmann ticket, I think this would be the 2nd best outsome besides Ron actually being president himself.

And why would that be worth anything. What power does the Treasury Secretary have that is worth anything? Especially since they can be fired at the drop of a hat.

JK/SEA
08-15-2011, 04:12 PM

It'll be Navy Seals.

Diurdi
08-15-2011, 04:13 PM
This is why it's so crucial for Ron to actually say that he believes in a strong national defence.

trey4sports
08-15-2011, 04:14 PM

Ron would not accept, and yes, they would love to have Ron's wing of the party behind them on election day.

johnrocks
08-15-2011, 04:15 PM
please, elaborate. My respectometer is twitching.

lol

PastaRocket848
08-15-2011, 04:15 PM
i'm pretty sure the republican power-brokers know that they arent winning the whitehouse without us... it's simple electoral math.

jct74
08-15-2011, 04:18 PM
here is a station in Atlanta with a stream that broadcasts Hannity on a 1-hour delay, listen for it here (and someone tube it maybe):
http://www.wsbradio.com/

FreedomProsperityPeace
08-15-2011, 04:23 PM
It's notable, but I trust Hannity as much as I trust Beck. My only explanation for this is they're throwing us a few bones when it doesn't count so they don't look ridiculously biased against Dr. Paul.

Revolution9
08-15-2011, 04:23 PM

Your voting precinct may well be radioactive cinders by then.

Rev9

Revolution9
08-15-2011, 04:24 PM
what a conversion.

it's like a miracle.

Quick. Get Charlton Heston in a beard and robe onstage immediately!

Rev9

sailingaway
08-15-2011, 04:24 PM
On Radio, do you notice? And Fox BUSINESS tonight. Not on network.

But good, for what it is worth. I am pretty sure Drudge taking this up is what made that happen.

sailingaway
08-15-2011, 04:26 PM

I think Drudge had a bigger impact than Rand, this time. It went from dead silence to Ron now on CNN tonight and multiple stories about him being shut out of media including Fox and NOW this.

Revolution9
08-15-2011, 04:26 PM

Rev9

Justinfrom1776
08-15-2011, 04:28 PM
He's lucky it wasn't snowing in Ames!

RonPaulCult
08-15-2011, 04:29 PM
here is a station with a livestream that broadcasts Hannity on a 1-hour delay, listen for it here (and someone tube it maybe):
http://www.wsbradio.com/

THIS THIS THIS. What time did it air when not on a delay?

PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE somebody capture this for youtube. We can use this to get a lot of support!!!!

jct74
08-15-2011, 04:32 PM
THIS THIS THIS. What time did it air when not on a delay?

PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE somebody capture this for youtube. We can use this to get a lot of support!!!!

the OP said "right now" and posted at 5:50 ET, so I would expect it sometime just before 6:50 ET on the station I posted

georgiaboy
08-15-2011, 04:33 PM
i'm pretty sure the republican power-brokers know that they arent winning the whitehouse without us... it's simple electoral math.

Some of the behind closed door discussions among those folks must be getting really interesting about now.

What they still seem to fail to realize is that RP is the only guy we trust and will vote for among the current crop, and that media blackouts only make matters worse. Why these cats don't act accordingly to get him the nomination betrays their allegiance to somethinge other than actual conservative republicanism; to what, I can only postulate.

We cannot be co-opted, and we showed that in 2008.

Anti-Obama isn't enough to make us pull for an R. Gotta be a true small gov't constitutionalist - aka a Republican - with a record to back it up. RP is the only one who fits that bill. Everyone else (even Bachmann) has too much big gov't baggage.

purplechoe
08-15-2011, 04:35 PM
I have put Hannity into my "useful idiot" category but if he's coming around I will have to reconsider it. This is indeed "we have come a long way" moment if even Hannity is starting to stand up for Dr. Paul. I hope more of the media heads will follow his example...

RonPaulCult
08-15-2011, 04:39 PM
the OP said "right now" and posted at 5:50 ET, so I would expect it sometime just before 6:50 ET on the station I posted

That would be in about 10 minutes or less. Anybody here able to capture it?

Zatch
Ron Paul has skipped Hannity's after debate party twice in a row now. Maybe he's trying to lure Ron Paul back on the show.

Ronulus
Well should be coming up, very soon, hope someone can capture it.

RonPaulCult
08-15-2011, 04:41 PM
They are hitting the phone lines on this one-hour delayed broadcast. Sure hope somebody is recording :)

purplechoe
08-15-2011, 04:41 PM
Hannity and Levin are very good friends, I wonder how this is gonna go over with "get of the phone you big dope"... :)

Jingles
08-15-2011, 04:42 PM
Hannity always sounds different on radio compared to when he is actually on his "show". If you ever listen to a Hannity interview of Dr. Paul on the radio its much nicer and is much more of an intellectual debate rather than the stupid stuff he says on Fox.

I've noticed this kind of stuff with Beck too (before his show got canceled).

Regardless, I think they are just trying to stay relevant.

georgiaboy
08-15-2011, 04:43 PM
While one defensive parry does not make one a fox-hole compatriot, the direction is correct, and the defender may creep up the watchlist pending further indications of solidarity. ;)

BTW, how are this commentator's ratings these days, hmmm? Need a boost, maybe? Sorry, but I'm just wary.

Havax
08-15-2011, 04:44 PM
I forgot to mention Hannity ended his rant with saying he hopes to have Ron Paul back on again very soon. I created this thread within 1 minute or so of his Ron Paul plug.

Aliangel
08-15-2011, 04:45 PM
recording...coming up soon.

sailingaway
08-15-2011, 04:46 PM
I forgot to mention Hannity ended his rant with saying he hopes to have Ron Paul back on again very soon. I created this thread within 1 minute or so of his Ron Paul plug.

I'm certain it is drudge. Hannity knows that the people who listen to his show read drudge and would have seen the articles about media and the RNC 'shafting' Ron. American Thinker has it too....

trey4sports
08-15-2011, 04:46 PM
its on right now i think

ehh, not that good IMO. Tried to paint Rand as more in his corner than Ron's

Aliangel
08-15-2011, 04:47 PM
its on now, recording .

devil21
08-15-2011, 04:49 PM
This is the poster child for:

"Youtube or it didn't happen!"

RonPaulCult
08-15-2011, 04:50 PM
The caller called us toothless. But the magic part is Hannity saying that Ron Paul was right and then he listed about 80 things Ron Paul was right about.

Somebody needs to edit this down and just get the part where hannity is saying how right Ron Paul has been.

Aliangel
08-15-2011, 04:53 PM
Will tube in a minute

RonPaulCult
08-15-2011, 04:53 PM
Oh, forget to say that Hannity mentions that he is FRIENDS with Rand Paul. Rand Paul is making connections for us. He has to pull Palin over for an endorsement next!

Philmanoman
08-15-2011, 04:59 PM
What really gets me about Hannity

He believes big government cant get anything right but somehow they get foreign policy right everytime.With this obviously flawed viewpoint that he has(among others),how in the world does he even have any credibility whatsoever.I havent watched or listened to him in a long while.I might turn him on when the elections get closer though.I always wished someone would get through his phone to ask him that.I tried a couple times but the wait was loooooong.

Feeding the Abscess
08-15-2011, 05:01 PM
“No goal, no objective, not until we have those things and a compelling case is made, then I say, back out of it, because innocent people are going to die for nothing. That’s why I’m against it.”

– Sean Hannity on Clinton’s War in Kosovo, 1999

You guys are falling for it if you think Hannity is being converted. He's as converted as Rush freaking Limbaugh.

HINT: There's a democrat in the White House. That's why Hannity is sounding more like Ron.

purplechoe
08-15-2011, 05:02 PM
What really gets me about Hannity

He believes big government cant get anything right but somehow they get foreign policy right everytime.With this obviously flawed viewpoint that he has(among others),how in the world does he even have any credibility whatsoever.I havent watched or listened to him in a long while.I might turn him on when the elections get closer though.I always wished someone would get through his phone to ask him that.I tried a couple times but the wait was loooooong.

my thoughts exactly...

Aliangel
08-15-2011, 05:02 PM
link to Tube:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?309281-Youtube-Sean-Hannity-defends-Ron-Paul

RIPLEYMOM
08-15-2011, 05:06 PM
Yes, the key is being polite. I just read an article on 'the black man' (I think that's the name of the site) where the editor said the same thing. He had previously written an article bout RP and was defending the RP bloggers as being the most polite. He had been inundated with responses to that article evidently. Also, 'The Daily Paul' was directing visitors to 'The Huffington Post' today because the RP article written there was getting a huge response, but not so favorably. 'The Daily Paul' was encouraging us to persuasively post there, but nicely. I did. It wasn't too bad. Check out the article. So, I agree; let our kind, liberty spirited posts, influence people!

specsaregood
08-15-2011, 05:08 PM
For those not interested in neocons, Jason Lewis is going off on the establishment "king makers" right now. Pro-paul

ChiefJustice
08-15-2011, 05:11 PM
For those not interested in neocons, Jason Lewis is going off on the establishment "king makers" right now. Pro-paul
Wow. I don't trust Hannity will keep up with this kind of defense, but if he does its quite an incredible turn around. Perhaps Rand swayed him.

kahless
08-15-2011, 05:15 PM
The funny thing is if it was not for Hannity bashing Ron back in the last campaign I and I suspect others may not have become Ron Paul supporters. I used to listen to the show but the bashing of Ron made me take notice enough to do my own research.

That research later resulted in my first post about Ron to Hannity forums which got me an immediate permanent ban and soon after became a new member here. :)

georgiaboy
08-15-2011, 05:24 PM
link to Tube:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?309281-Youtube-Sean-Hannity-defends-Ron-Paul

Thanks!

I listened. Sean said a lot of good things. It's definitely the most positive I've ever heard him talk about Ron or his supporters. Said he agreed with 90% of Ron's policy positions.

He said his major substantive disagreement with Ron was regarding national defense. I think we could help Sean in that arena by sending him some videos, articles, etc.

Also, he didn't mention the biggest positive about Ron in addition to the 90% policy agreement. Ron has a 100% proven spotless record of voting for and authoring/sponsoring legislation in direct support of these same policies. Ron walks the talk, and has for decades.

None of the other candidates possess this qualification with such forcefulness. None. Not even close.

So what's it gonna be, Sean? 90% you can 100% trust, or 100% you can 50% (or worse) trust?

aid632007
08-15-2011, 05:25 PM
This is good.

specsaregood
08-15-2011, 05:28 PM

geez, paul supporting kept talking alexjones....ugh.

Restore-America-NOW
08-15-2011, 05:29 PM
Thank you Rand!

Philmanoman
08-15-2011, 05:44 PM
Listened to it...

What i got out of it...

"Oh yea,I love me some Ron Pauls...we should all be friends...Ron Paul wont get the nomination...but now since I love him and we are all friends...wont you vote for one of the establishment candidates"

Plain and Simple: Foreign Policy is a definite dealbreaker for Hannity,dont let him fool you.Of course his defense of Ron can be used for good too.

Hannity is still a liar and a manipulator

John of Des Moines
08-15-2011, 06:04 PM
http://www.anagrammer.com/common/images/search/f/r/o/z/e/-/00.thumbnail.hell-froze-over.jpg

Imaginos
08-15-2011, 06:04 PM
I am not sure how much of this 'conversion' is genuine but it's a great news for us.
Rand probably has a lot to do with this change of attitude toward Ron Paul from Hannity.
Either way, I am happy and we need to capitalize on this.

Cap
08-15-2011, 06:19 PM

Thread winner! Hammity know that without us, the GOP is sunk in 2012.

eleganz
08-15-2011, 06:29 PM
Wow, Hannity defending RP? hell has frozen over! The chances of the GOP nod is getting better and better, get your front seat tickets folks! because the show to the revolution is about to start!

Fredom101
Well foreign policy is the cornerstone of Ron Paul, so that's a huge disagreement.

outspoken
That's insane! Next thing ya know, Hannity will be worshiping the aquabuddha?! Go Rand... and Ron!!

speciallyblend
08-15-2011, 06:49 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-q5UjjuOX0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-q5UjjuOX0

Sola_Fide
08-15-2011, 06:59 PM
I think this is nothing more than Hannity putting his finger in the wind and realizing that the country is going Ron Paul's way.

scrosnoe
08-15-2011, 07:15 PM

badaboom!

scrosnoe
08-15-2011, 07:19 PM
I think this is nothing more than Hannity putting his finger in the wind and realizing that the country is going Ron Paul's way.

they see the polls before we do -- the media is all about mind games and power and control

step by step / vote by vote

we must treat people with respect and keep telling them the truth

over and over and over again!

The One
08-15-2011, 07:20 PM

^^^This^^^

therealist
08-15-2011, 07:24 PM
Sean is slightly more sane than Rush Limbaugh

bolil
08-15-2011, 07:25 PM
Considering that Hannity is paid well to be a mouthpiece and has considerable job security at Fox so long as he toes the line; it wouldn't suprise me if he had a closet fancy for Ron Paul.

therealist
08-15-2011, 07:31 PM
Considering that Hannity is paid well to be a mouthpiece and has considerable job security at Fox so long as he toes the line; it wouldn't suprise me if he had a closet fancy for Ron Paul.

I actually think he's a decent guy. He's just too neck deep into being a neocon though

libertybrewcity
08-15-2011, 07:40 PM
here's the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=fj0ZfNYZJ6g

V3n
08-15-2011, 08:06 PM
Flower-bomb for Hannity?
note reads: "Sorry about the snowballs. :("

chip-in?
(half-serious, but yea, I'd chip in - we made a bunch of enemies four years ago - let's make some friends - let's extend the olive branch)

justatrey
08-15-2011, 08:20 PM
I suppose it can't hurt to give a send a quick thanks?

http://www.hannity.com/contact

vroomery
08-15-2011, 08:30 PM
I suppose it can't hurt to give a send a quick thanks?

http://www.hannity.com/contact

I sent this...

Thanks for your kind remarks towards Dr. Paul on your radio show Monday. There is no doubt that we were in disagreement 4 years ago and some reacted poorly to the cries of his being unelectable. I hope that we can get past this starting now and together further the cause of Liberty.

RonPaulCult
08-15-2011, 08:31 PM
Guys, this sucks that this is so deep in the thread because I can't believe what I'm about to tell you....but it's 1000% true....

The guy who called Hannity and said these things called in to the Mark Levine show a few hours later and TOLD THE SAME STORY!

He did his fair tax thing first but then he told his story to Levin, this time noting that he's an orthodontist.

Levine laughed a lot more than Hannity did, and you could tell he wanted to say something mean but mostly took the high road and kinda gently told him "oh you're horrible" or something to that effect.

So the guy was laughing and repeated again that the Ron Paul people have no teeth and Levine said something like "Well you know - somebody has to eat the popsicles" which I have NO IDEA what that even means.

So the guy said "I called into Hannity today and told him the same story on the air and he berated me for it"

And to me it felt like at that point Levine felt he should probably not say anything more, because he didn't want to go against his friend Hannity, so he kinda gave a "you're horrible" to the guy again and it was time for a commercial break.

I just had to share. I'm wondering if this guy is with the Bachmann camp because he kept talking up Bachmann and talking down her biggest competition.

Chieppa1
08-15-2011, 08:43 PM
If I don't wear a Ron shirt, can I still hit Hannity with a snowball?