PDA

View Full Version : Good friend of mine and occasional RPF poster saves his life and another family with CCW

Anti Federalist
08-15-2011, 12:53 PM
I won't give out his name, as he has not wanted to talk to the press.

I'm on the phone with him right now, he's relating the story to me, that happened on 4 July this year.

Well done brother, well done.

Also, let me say that, as my friend has related to me, the cops in this case were nothing but consummate professionals.

Man Shot After Break-In, Confrontation On Bainbridge Island

http://www.kirotv.com/news/28441965/detail.html

Posted: 12:03 pm PDT July 4, 2011
Updated: 12:42 pm PDT July 4, 2011

BAINBRIDGE ISLAND, Wash. -- A man was shot after intruding in a home and confronting a man in a car on Bainbridge Island on Monday morning.

Police were called to the 500 block of Wood Avenue after reports of a shooting came in at about 8:20 a.m. When they arrived, they found a man holding a gun over another man lying on the ground.

The man on the ground was bleeding from gunshot wounds to his lower body.

Bainbridge Island Fire Department medics treated the man who was shot and took him to Harborview Medical Center to undergo surgery.

A preliminary investigation showed that the man who was shot had been found earlier intruding in a house on Stetson Avenue. The man was in the kitchen going through cabinets when the homeowner confronted him, police said.

The intruder grabbed a large knife and came towards the homeowner. The homeowner went to the back yard of the house and told the intruder repeatedly to leave.

The intruder then reportedly reached for the homeowner’s children, and the homeowner grabbed a large claw hammer to confront the intruder, who then ran out of the yard and into the street, police said.

A neighbor saw the intruder leaving the home and heading towards Wood Avenue, still carrying the knife, police said. When the knife-wielding man turned onto Wood, he confronted another man sitting in his car.

The man in his car had a gun in his possession. When the man approached him with the knife, the man in his car fired three rounds, hitting him three times and detaining him until police arrived.

Officers and detectives remained at the scene later into the day investigating the burglary and shooting.

The identities of those involved were not immediately revealed.

Vessol
08-15-2011, 01:21 PM
Glad to see that in the end no one was hurt besides the bastard who initiated force. More reason why the populace in general should be well armed to defend themselves from crooks like this.

fisharmor
08-15-2011, 01:22 PM
Moral of the story: claw hammer stalemates, handgun wins.

Wonder what kind of handgun can drill a guy three times in the gut and leave him living for the cops to find him 10 minutes later.

coastie
08-15-2011, 02:00 PM
:D o happy days.......:D

Glad noone was hurt(that didn't need to be).

ctb619
08-15-2011, 02:19 PM

Wonder what kind of handgun can drill a guy three times in the gut and leave him living for the cops to find him 10 minutes later.

I was wondering about that myself. AF, do you know what caliber handgun it was?

noxagol
08-15-2011, 02:22 PM
Probably a 9mm

raystone
08-15-2011, 02:22 PM

sounds like the wrong ammo in the magazine

Kotin
08-15-2011, 02:30 PM
I'd say its a 9mm

angelatc
08-15-2011, 02:35 PM

I kind of like it. Let him corroborate the shooter's story before dying a slow painful death from the infection.

Anti Federalist
08-15-2011, 02:35 PM

Glock 23 .40 caliber

It was a big guy and he was plenty high on meth.

ghengis86
08-15-2011, 02:36 PM
Shot in the lower body; do they mean abdominal or legs? I read it as 'shot in the stomach', but it could just be shitty reporting and he was shot in the leg. Then again, high velocity ball ammo round leaves a barrow wound channel

fisharmor
08-15-2011, 02:36 PM
Oh, here we go badmouthing 9 again...
I'll just assume ya'll are talking about 9 Kurz. :D

There are also lots of people carrying 32s and 22s out there, you know, and most of them would look at this and say "He stopped him but didn't kill him, which is preferable for me".

ETA: Man, if it was 40 then he must have hit the outside legs once or twice, right?

Anti Federalist
08-15-2011, 02:42 PM

Much less than ten minutes, see cops were already in the area, from the first call.

The reason I say he saved that family is because the perp in this case was looking for a means to "finish off" those people.

Anti Federalist
08-15-2011, 05:21 PM
///

Warrior_of_Freedom
08-15-2011, 05:28 PM
A group of guys were approaching my car before and I pulled out a knife, they started walking the opposite direction. You can't legally carry handguns in New Jersey. Wish I could, because I don't trust the police with my life, but they will shoot me dead if they see I'm practicing my constitutional rights.

flightlesskiwi
08-15-2011, 05:38 PM
Much less than ten minutes, see cops were already in the area, from the first call.

The reason I say he saved that family is because the perp in this case was looking for a means to "finish off" those people.

wow!! kudos to your friend!!

_b_
08-15-2011, 05:46 PM

In addition to caliber and shot placement, the type of ammunition will make a difference as well. Regular ball ammo will generally cause less damage than a good quality hollow point round. Out of those three factors, however, shot placement will still be the most significant.

Glad to hear the bad guy was stopped and the good guy wasn't treated as the bad guy. Being wrongly mistaken as the aggressor is more worrisome to me than facing the bad guys.

Anti Federalist
08-17-2011, 12:39 AM
///

Anti Federalist
03-30-2012, 12:20 AM
FWIW, I just talked to my buddy about this, WRT to the Trayvon Martin shooting.

He was never handcuffed during questioning nor arrested.

unknown
03-30-2012, 04:14 AM
You're friends with the guy who had the gun?

Anti Federalist
03-30-2012, 08:55 AM
You're friends with the guy who had the gun?

:rolleyes:

The shooter is my pal.

WilliamC
03-30-2012, 09:12 AM
I've never been in such a situation and hope I never am, but if I did have to use my handgun in self-defense and either wounded or killed someone while doing so I would expect to be at least brought in for questioning and might even insist upon it just to make sure I had fully complied and cooperated with the police.

As bad as they can be and as anti-authoritarian as I actually and as many times as I've gotten pulled over for traffic infractions (dozens and dozens when younger, and even recently I've been 'questioned' in my car whilst being in a condition where I could have been in serious trouble were all the details of my condition at the time made a matter of public record) I've never really had a 'bad' experience with the police.

I guess I don't know how lucky I am and that selection bias works in my favor. That and I somehow manage to convey a combination of respect and intrinsic authority that seems to make cops treat me more like one of them than a threat.

I've even been in several automobile accidents where other people clearly ran into me and got tickets while I chatted with the officers on scene, all the while grateful that they aren't interested in searching me or my car.

Who knows? Maybe our religious brethren are right and something out there likes me?

I can't disprove it.

Oh, and I'm very glad your friend was willing and able to take care of the situation without him or any of his neighbors or loved ones being harmed, that's the way things should be in a free society!

Anti Federalist
03-03-2013, 12:46 PM
////

sailingaway
03-03-2013, 12:53 PM
seems like solid self defense, even without the back story. Hopefully the police out there will agree.

phill4paul
03-03-2013, 01:16 PM
How did I miss this thread? Glad your friend was there to help A.F.

QuickZ06
03-03-2013, 01:35 PM
T4S, glad everyone is ok.

Anti Federalist
03-03-2013, 03:11 PM
And, once again, R.I.P. WilliamC. :(

kcchiefs6465
03-03-2013, 03:13 PM
Glock 23 .40 caliber

It was a big guy and he was plenty high on meth.
Yeah, I'd say. Three rounds from a .40 S&W will drop a bear.

A Son of Liberty
03-03-2013, 03:48 PM
And, once again, R.I.P. WilliamC. :(

:thumbs: :(