PDA

View Full Version : Why does Rush Limbaugh continue to ignore Ron Paul?

NorfolkPCSolutions
08-15-2011, 12:34 PM
Seriously, that's my question - why? Must a man such as I, a supporter of the Good Doctor, consign Limbaugh to the basket of political commentators I ignore?

How could a man such as Limbaugh, self-proclaimed champion of the right, be so blind as to ignore the sole candidate that represents all he claims to stand for?

Should this group act to inform Mr. Limbaugh as to the error of his ways, somehow?

specsaregood
08-15-2011, 12:37 PM

wgadget
08-15-2011, 12:37 PM
{sigh}

Limbaugh preaches a false dichotomy. There is only ONE PARTY. It is a conglomerate of the Defense Industry, the Media, the Bankers, and the Politicians. The goal is to make the sheeple THINK there are two sides.

We know that today they ALL got the memo: There are now three viable candidates: Bachmann, Perry, and Romney.

This latest episode is just proof that this is correct. Unfortunately, the social media spreads this kind of news like wildfire, and the only way They can fight back is by repressing the social media.

As I type, a woman caller is dissing "the MEDIA," to Rush's consummate agreement. SICKENING.

Congratulations for waking up. I woke up only recently myself.

trey4sports
08-15-2011, 12:38 PM
he doesn't ignore Paul he attacks him. He called him "nuts on parade" after the last debate.

klamath
08-15-2011, 12:40 PM
Limbaugh hates RP and ignores him in hopes he will disappear. Once in a while RL will slam RP as the distroyer of the republican party like he did the other day.

specsaregood
08-15-2011, 12:41 PM
Limbaugh deserves to be in jail for his drug crimes, yet another victim of the drug war he promotes. But then I guess, that is just for the mundanes, not establishment hacks such as himself.

Chieppa1
Why do we ask questions we know the answer to?

wgadget
he doesn't ignore Paul he attacks him. He called him "nuts on parade" after the last debate.

Today he IGNORED him. He was running off a list of the candidates that are still in the race. NO PAUL.

Superfly
08-15-2011, 12:44 PM
Limbaugh has to suck on the teet of a Democratic president to be relevant. He NEEDS the image of the Republicans vs. the Democrats because that's what his worldview relies on it. If Ron Paul is elected and his worldview is exploded, he's left with nothing and he knows this...so he has to perpetuate the myth that only hand chosen Republican insiders offer the cures for our country's ailments. His relevance depends on it.

Bruno
08-15-2011, 12:45 PM
Today he IGNORED him. He was running off a list of the candidates that are still in the race. NO PAUL.

He would have done that even if Ronwoul have come in 1st. What a tool for the establishment.

Elwar
08-15-2011, 12:45 PM
He built his world on being against Clinton. He still pines for the days of Clinton, you can hear it whenever Hillary comes up in the news.

He is on his way out. Old news.

sailingaway
08-15-2011, 12:47 PM
Ignore him.

TexasJake
08-15-2011, 12:49 PM
Limbaugh has to suck on the teet of a Democratic president to be relevant. He NEEDS the image of the Republicans vs. the Democrats because that's what his worldview relies on it. If Ron Paul is elected and his worldview is exploded, he's left with nothing and he knows this...so he has to perpetuate the myth that only hand chosen Republican insiders offer the cures for our country's ailments. His relevance depends on it.

This.

r3volution
08-15-2011, 12:55 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYgzZOGbJvQ

AdamT
08-15-2011, 01:00 PM
He makes something like $400 million/year. Therefore he is a bought and paid for mouthpiece. Nothing more than that.

wgadget
08-15-2011, 01:03 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYgzZOGbJvQ

Rush Limbaugh: "Ron Paul is going to destroy my job...!"

anaconda
08-15-2011, 01:04 PM
Limbaugh deserves to be in jail for his drug crimes, yet another victim of the drug war he promotes. But then I guess, that is just for the mundanes, not establishment hacks such as himself.

There is speculation that they backed off on him legally in exchange for completely cooperative propaganda compliance.

Krugerrand
08-15-2011, 01:05 PM
cognitive dissidence.

MJU1983
08-15-2011, 01:10 PM
Rush Limbaugh has been someone to ignore for as long as I can remember, at least the past 20 years.

I'm surprised how easily he bounced back from being a drug addict and married 4 times.

NorfolkPCSolutions
08-15-2011, 01:11 PM
This.

{sigh}

Limbaugh preaches a false dichotomy. There is only ONE PARTY. It is a conglomerate of the Defense Industry, the Media, the Bankers, and the Politicians. The goal is to make the sheeple THINK there are two sides.

We know that today they ALL got the memo: There are now three viable candidates: Bachmann, Perry, and Romney.

This latest episode is just proof that this is correct. Unfortunately, the social media spreads this kind of news like wildfire, and the only way They can fight back is by repressing the social media.

As I type, a woman caller is dissing "the MEDIA," to Rush's consummate agreement. SICKENING.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you, everyone, for your thoughtful responses to my question, and especially to you, r3volution, for the video link. It's with no small amount of sadness that I say that Mr. Limbaugh's influence shall be removed from my life. Superfly's statement about Limbaugh's need for the Right/Left paradigm to continue is spot on, as was the other response I quoted (forgive me for not noting your name).

On the main, it seems that everything I have thought I've known about my country's politics has been incorrect. It makes my heart sad.

The redeeming thought of the afternoon, at least for me, is that I am not alone - that there are many, many multitudes of even-handed, level-headed men and women experiencing the same crises of conscience that I am experiencing. I have added my name and info to the list of volunteers at RP's campaign site, and will continue to lurk - and learn - here.

Damn you, Mister Limbaugh. I always saw you as a patriot; but now recognize your brand of patriotism. And I repudiate it.

r3volution
08-15-2011, 01:14 PM
{sigh}

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you, everyone, for your thoughtful responses to my question, and especially to you, r3volution, for the video link. It's with no small amount of sadness that I say that Mr. Limbaugh's influence shall be removed from my life. Superfly's statement about Limbaugh's need for the Right/Left paradigm to continue is spot on, as was the other response I quoted (forgive me for not noting your name).

On the main, it seems that everything I have thought I've known about my country's politics has been incorrect. It makes my heart sad.

The redeeming thought of the afternoon, at least for me, is that I am not alone - that there are many, many multitudes of even-handed, level-headed men and women experiencing the same crises of conscience that I am experiencing. I have added my name and info to the list of volunteers at RP's campaign site, and will continue to lurk - and learn - here.

Damn you, Mister Limbaugh. I always saw you as a patriot; but now recognize your brand of patriotism. And I repudiate it.

i was you untill 2007 , welcome to the real world . we need you here .

AmberH
08-15-2011, 01:16 PM
I use to actually like him to but after his constant Ron Paul bashing I realize he is just a fat disgusting douche. Ron Paul is everything the right wing media claim they want but they don't really want it. Rush likes things being so bad so he can draw more listeners and make more money.

specsaregood
08-15-2011, 01:19 PM

Make sure to email him and tell him just that. I cut my teeth listening to rush way back when I was about 12 years old or so and Perot was running the first time. Listened to him for years. He does not truly believe in the stuff philosophy he used to espouse. Once you figure that out there is no going back.

But don't be "sad", rejoice for you have taken the blindfold off. Welcome to the site. Now go rustle up another dozen supporters for Dr. Paul.

Todd
08-15-2011, 01:20 PM

I don't believe that's what he means. I believe it has more to do with not devoting any significant segment of the political conversation to what Paul's run means.
Yes he may mention the quick soundbite, but he moves on immediately. Better to redirect peoples attention to other matters.

People who have listened to Rush for 20 years on understand that HE frames the show with the subjects HE wants to talk about. He controls the debate for 3 hours. Love him or hate him, he is very good at what he does and there's a reason he is both a communications and political icon.

r3volution
08-15-2011, 01:23 PM
I don't believe that's what he means. I believe it has more to do with not devoting any significant segment of the political conversation to what Paul's run means.
Yes he may mention the quick soundbite, but he moves on immediately. Better to redirect peoples attention to other matters.

People who have listened to Rush for 20 years on understand that HE frames the show with the subjects HE wants to talk about. He controls the debate for 3 hours. Love him or hate him, he is very good at what he does and there's a reason he is both a communications and political icon.

change the word icon with cancer and your spot on .

NorfolkPCSolutions
08-15-2011, 01:28 PM
i was you untill 2007 , welcome to the real world . we need you here .

Glad to be here! I'm looking forward to the opportunity to work for the campaign, if even in the smallest capacity. I suppose we're all in a holding pattern, however, until New Hampshire.

I shudder to think of a candidate Romney, Perry, or Bachmann. The mask is off of both Limbaugh and the Republican party, and the faces beneath are truly ugly indeed.

Will this nation, and the Republican party proper, survive another McCain candidate in 2012? Should we care? I agree with Reagan - that Libertarianism is the root of Conservatism - therefore it stands to reason that it is better to use the Republican party as the vehicle for our voice, than to go third party.

That said, this Cornhusker will vote third-party for Ron Paul without a moment's hesitation, before voting McCain again (in the form of Bachmann, Romney, or Perry.) Hell, call it the Constitutional Party, and the Independents and right-minded Liberals would feel right at home.

Without question, it would be savaged by Fox News, MSNBC, ad nauseum.

specsaregood
08-15-2011, 01:35 PM
Glad to be here! I'm looking forward to the opportunity to work for the campaign, if even in the smallest capacity. I suppose we're all in a holding pattern, however, until New Hampshire.

Absolutely not! if we hold till then, then we have lost. You could start by writing a letter to the editor in support of Dr. Paul for your local newspaper. You could even make the topic the same as this thread.

NorfolkPCSolutions
08-15-2011, 01:43 PM
To close out the thread, I enclose the contents of an email conversation between myself and my father. I think it sums up all I would ever want to say regarding the matter which I originally posted. Enjoy, and thank you again, everyone. Talk to you all soon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I did find the answer I sought. It does break my heart, but only in the sense that I feel as though a longtime and trusted friend has shown me his true colors, and proven himself as unworthy of my respect, admiration, or attention.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYgzZOGbJvQ&feature=player_embedded

I do not appreciate being referred to as "kooky" when all I want is a return to constitutional government, and the principles upon which this country was founded - and vehemently support the only potential candidate reflecting those principles.

I feel like a mask has been taken off of what I perceived as political reality, and the face beneath is very ugly indeed. It's a shock to my system.

Fox News and Rush Limbaugh are to be consigned to my mental dustbin, joining the three networks, MSNBC, et al., considering they conduct themselves in exactly the same manners.

I will no longer allow myself to be manipulated. This is my emancipation.

On 08/15/2011 02:14 PM, Mike Schwartzer wrote:
> i'm sure this broke your heart and alot of other tea partiers as well....
>
> all i can figure is, rush and the other bigwigs don't think he has a chance within the media or the established repub party. Its not right, but thats my take
>
> Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2011 13:27:46 -0500
> From: redacted
> To: redacted
> Subject: Darn it
>
> It's happened again.
>
> I was listening to Rush talk about Ames, and and he ran down the list of folks in the poll: Bachmann, Newt, Cain, Romney...
>
> And Rush didn't even mention Ron Paul. He lost by 152 votes. That's big news. That's worth discussing.
>
> I don't expect you to know everything; I guess I'm appealing to your broader experience of news and politics.
>
> Why would Limbaugh ignore Ron Paul? For crying out loud, he played Rick Perry's speech from Saturday, commenting "right on, right on" as Perry spoke - and Perry wasn't even involved in the Ames straw poll.
>
> This election cycle is forcing me to question almost everything (politically) I've ever trusted or thought to be correct. My heart is sickened.

georgiaboy
08-15-2011, 01:44 PM
{sigh}

+rep, fellow "even-handed, level-headed men and women experiencing the same crises of conscience". My constant prayer is for every rank-n-file conservative, nay every American voter, to see, and act accordingly as you have done.

I understand your sadness; even after several years, I still have it. I ache for my fellow conservatives, for what the GOP ought to be, and for this country. I use it constructively as we sojourn together, and I do have hope. We've come a long way in just a few short years, with our numbers growing as others decline. It's never ever a lost cause, because it's the right cause, the good fight. It's why Ron Paul has been doing what he's been doing for so long.

NorfolkPCSolutions
08-15-2011, 01:44 PM
Absolutely not! if we hold till them, then we have lost. You could start by writing a letter to the editor in support of Dr. Paul for your local newspaper. You could even make the topic the same as this thread.

Brilliant idea! This would not be the first time I have taken paper to pen and written to my local paper. I shall, and will share the result with the group, should our local paper run the letter.

Alex540
08-15-2011, 01:46 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8d3hMbGf6zQ

NorfolkPCSolutions
08-15-2011, 01:56 PM
I must attend to an appointment, but will gladly check out the video you have shared with me, Alex, as soon as I return to the office. Thank you!

Perhaps history will record Ron Paul as a manifestation of the Tea Party; considering the groundswell of Conservatives moving toward their roots in Libertarianism, this history may indeed be ours to compose...God willing.

erowe1
08-15-2011, 02:03 PM
Should this group act to inform Mr. Limbaugh as to the error of his ways, somehow?

It's a safe bet that he's already sick of the emails he's gotten constantly for the past 4 years insisting that he talk more about Ron Paul.

He probably has any email with the name Ron Paul in it automatically sent to his spam folder.

Dlynne
08-15-2011, 02:15 PM
Limbaugh ignores Paul because Limbaugh has that liberal media bias.

KingRobbStark
08-15-2011, 02:19 PM
A better question:

Why do we keep listening to that douche bag?

FreeMind&Market
08-15-2011, 02:28 PM
Who is John Galt? (sorry, had to say it)

Jingles
08-15-2011, 02:38 PM
I think being ignored by someone of this mental capacity (i.e. very limited) is probably better for us.

purplechoe
08-15-2011, 03:57 PM

http://www.wfmu.org/Playlists/Monica/applause6.gif

I always knew that the system was corrupt but it wasn't till 2007 when I became involved in getting Ron Paul the nomination that I realized just "how deep the rabbit hole goes". Most of the people in the media either understand how the system works and support it or are just ignorant and support it through their ignorance. For example, I would put Rush as someone who understands the system and promotes it and Hannity as a useful idiot who promotes it through his ignorance.

Welcome to the rEVOLution...

NorfolkPCSolutions
08-15-2011, 04:12 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8d3hMbGf6zQ

What a myopic ass, Mark Levin. What a foolish, even childish man. I am so glad I presented this question to the forums...As I listen to this audio, I cannot help but feel as though I am living on a different planet than Mark Levin. "EV-RY BAHDY KNOWS IT - THEY KILL AMERICANS," says Levin. That kind of language worked on the American people while we were still smarting from the blow of 9/11, but now that we are standing firmly upon two feet again, it's time to recognize that Levin, Limbaugh, Beck, Hannity - the entire cabal - represents a school of thought contrary to constitutional principles.

Rather, this cabal of radio terrorists are capitalizing on the basest aspect of the human mind: fear. This audio of Mark Levin is frightening, in that it would fit easily into a modern Hollywood screenplay of 1984. Perpetual war. Infinite hostility towards outsiders, and fear of those who pray to a different God or have a different pigmentation of their skin.

If I could ask Levin one question, it would be this: how long should America remain in an undeclared state of war? Indefinitely? I imagine his answer and shudder in disgust, appalled by both his lack of intelligence and his commitment to a totalitarian ideal.

I began this conversation by speaking of Limbaugh, and having listened to the audio provided by Alex540, I recognize my own folly in listening to these fools for so long.

I am an Ayn Rand Objectivist whose political views are most in line with the political views of Ron Paul. Mark Levin puts me in mind of a six-year-old child on the playground, throwing fits because recess isn't ten minutes longer - and his political views cater to like-minded individuals. Limbaugh is in the same league as Levin, as is Beck, Hannity, and the rest.

We in this forum are not. I am not. Ron Paul is most definitely not in that league. It comes to me as no surprise that Limbaugh bypasses the topic of Ron Paul completely, and that Levin would speak as he does.

...and I couldn't be happier.

NorfolkPCSolutions
08-15-2011, 04:20 PM
http://www.wfmu.org/Playlists/Monica/applause6.gif

For example, I would put Rush as someone who understands the system and promotes it and Hannity as a useful idiot who promotes it through his ignorance.

purplechoe, I could not have expressed that sentiment any more clearly than you have. I will sleep more soundly tonight knowing that I am not alone. I am filing your comment in the deepest recesses of my brain, to be withdrawn when opportunity permits, and I will credit your genius when I do.

Spot on.

Agorism
08-15-2011, 04:21 PM
He was scared to death that Paul was going to upset in Ames. Now that Bachmann narrowly won, he's backing to ignore status.

NorfolkPCSolutions
08-15-2011, 04:30 PM

Thanks to this thread, I have now heard audio of this with my own ears. You are not lying - Limbaugh did say this.

invisible
08-15-2011, 04:40 PM
I wonder if he'll be telling his listeners to vote for a democrat again in this primary cycle, sure is a good thing al gore isn't running. Oh, wait...

purplechoe
08-15-2011, 05:29 PM
purplechoe, I could not have expressed that sentiment any more clearly than you have. I will sleep more soundly tonight knowing that I am not alone. I am filing your comment in the deepest recesses of my brain, to be withdrawn when opportunity permits, and I will credit your genius when I do.

Spot on.

I don't think of myself as a genius, just that I'm not a complete idiot... :) Take this to heart though, Dr. Paul has sparked the fire of freedom in my heart as well as millions of others, not only in this country but all over the world. He has meet-up groups in places like Germany, France, England, Australia, etc. What keeps me going is people like you, knowing that more and more are being woken up everyday and joining the good fight...

silentshout
08-15-2011, 05:31 PM
I am glad he does. If I actually like the same candidate as that blowhard, I know I am doing something wrong.

erowe1
08-15-2011, 05:56 PM
I am glad he does. If I actually like the same candidate as that blowhard, I know I am doing something wrong.

He came close to supporting Buchanan in 1992. But then Bush 41 invited him to the WH. And Rush hasn't been a conservative ever since. Don't know what actually happened there.

Philmanoman
08-15-2011, 05:59 PM
Funny how there are so many Liars and Manipulators in the MSM.
Just an odd accident I suppose...

romelll
08-15-2011, 07:31 PM
Because he is an "entertainer" and nothing else. Fun to listen to, but not going to stick his head on the line. Remember Mccain? He had to back that dude last time after eating his words.

TRIGRHAPPY
08-15-2011, 07:33 PM
For what it's worth, Rush has been taking a BEATING on his own facebook page over the negative things said about RP.

WilliamC
08-15-2011, 07:47 PM
He came close to supporting Buchanan in 1992. But then Bush 41 invited him to the WH. And Rush hasn't been a conservative ever since. Don't know what actually happened there.

Isn't it obvious?

He was given everything he wanted, that's all.

Rush is still good entertainment and can be informative, but you just have to be able to see his flaws and understand his limits.

What I think is that Rush and and many in the establishment are slowly realizing that they no longer control the debate, despite playing both sides and rigging the game, there is just now too much free flow of information and truthfulness has a way of standing out from any amount of background noise so long as it is presented honestly and intelligently.

Sort of like Ron Paul does come to think of it :)

NorfolkPCSolutions
08-16-2011, 02:35 PM
Day one without the influence of Rush Limbaugh, sitrep: it's good. It's very good. It's a habit that must be broken, like smoking.

-recovered Limbaugh addict

I listened to this, instead. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hMeNnbSqkk&feature=player_embedded#at=87 Much better investment of time.

So remarkable to hear Ron Paul predict the Crash of 1987 - you know, the one nobody talks about...