PDA

View Full Version : The Old Media will never wake up and start covering Ron Paul fairly

NYgs23
08-15-2011, 11:03 AM
It's more than clear from the recent post-Ames coverage (like it wasn't clear before), that the alleged "news" organizations of this country are biased against Ron Paul to a degree that would be a public scandal...assuming that those same organizations didn't have the power to decide exactly what is and is not a public scandal.

Yet some people still seem just slightly surprised by the chutzpah of the media blackout. But that is they're job, and they'll do it to whatever degree they can get away with.

If Ron Paul had won Ames, the old media would just have quickly reported Ames and then gone on to babble of the "frontrunners" Romney and Perry. The media's job is to manufacture reality and subvert popular democracy by turning elections into an elaborate pantomime. There is absolutely NOTHING the Ron Paul campaign could to do get the media to cover it fairly. The only thing to do is win the votes despite the media.

Believe me, even if he ascends to the White House itself, they're "interpretation" of reality will be that he won't be able to do anything because he'll sidelined and will be a one-termer because of his age. "HAS the Paul upset rendered the presidency a mere figurehead position?! The experts discuss!"

Even if he serves two terms, brings all the troops, ends the Fed, voluntarizes entitlements, and abolishes the income tax: "President Paul could go down in history as the worst president ever, historians say!"

Everything that gets done will get done with the State's quasi-private Ministry of Propaganda pushing in the other direction, until the Internet--assuming it stays free--finally drives the whole mess into the graveyard with News of the World.

Anti Federalist
08-15-2011, 11:04 AM
Yes.

It's more than clear from the recent post-Ames coverage (like it wasn't clear before), that the alleged "news" organizations of this country are biased against Ron Paul to a degree that would be a public scandal...assuming that those same organizations didn't have the power to decide exactly what is and is not a public scandal.

Yet some people still seem just slightly surprised by the chutzpah of the media blackout. But that is they're job, and they'll do it to whatever degree they can get away with.

If Ron Paul had won Ames, the old media would just have quickly reported Ames and then gone on to babble of the "frontrunners" Romney and Perry. The media's job is to manufacture reality and subvert popular democracy by turning elections into an elaborate pantomime. There is absolutely NOTHING the Ron Paul campaign could to do get the media to cover it fairly. The only thing to do is win the votes despite the media.

Believe me, even if he ascends to the White House itself, they're "interpretation" of reality will be that he won't be able to do anything because he'll sidelined and will be a one-termer because of his age. "HAS the Paul upset rendered the presidency a mere figurehead position?! The experts discuss!"

Even if he serves two terms, brings all the troops, ends the Fed, voluntarizes entitlements, and abolishes the income tax: "President Paul could go down in history as the worst president ever, historians say!"

Everything that gets done will get done with the State's quasi-private Ministry of Propaganda pushing in the other direction, until the Internet--assuming it stays free--finally drives the whole mess into the graveyard with News of the World.

satchelmcqueen
08-15-2011, 11:29 AM
you are so correct. i am so frustrated right now i dont even know what to do. to see these "reporters" on the air skipping a mention of anything other than first place just makes me mad/ and they do it with a smile knowing that it isnt the truth. i hate all of them. chris wallace, beck, limbaugh and the rest are so corrupt. an honest person couldnt set back and not say anything.

Romulus
08-15-2011, 11:53 AM
That's right - we have to this on our own. Reach out to people any way you can. If you come across a zombie, just move on.

wgadget
08-15-2011, 11:59 AM
Here's the deal...The media has FAKE divisions, with highly paid shills to pretend there are TWO PARTIES and to divide the People, e.g., Limbaugh, Beck, Hannity, etc..

My newest discovery is that these outlets where you "CALL IN AND GIVE US YOUR OPINION" are meant to give the listening audience a false gauge of reality, at best, and at worst, they act as a measuring tool to see how effectively their disinformation agenda is working. 'Course getting past the call screener is the tough part.

I feel like I'm living in the ex-Soviet Union. Pray they don't shut down the Internet.

Jace
08-15-2011, 12:10 PM

yoshimaroka
08-15-2011, 12:14 PM
Well put.

Although I still think democracy is B.S. too. It's there to manufacture consent and therefore legitimacy for control over others. The U.S. gov spreads democracy around the world to control other countries under the guise of a territory "controlled by the people"… control by proxy.

The liberty movement has done well by skipping the MSM. Instead, the movement has concentrated on grassroots efforts, focusing on close personal relationships and people around them. It's the best way to continue.

Remember, the best way you can help others is to be the best you can be! Help yourself first :D

furface
08-15-2011, 12:22 PM
Although I still think democracy is B.S. too. It's there to manufacture consent and therefore legitimacy for control over others.

I go back and forth on this. I think that elite parts of our society are becoming alarmed that true democracy may be on the horizon.

The MSM is an insiders game. Once you kick the insiders out of DC, the MSM will be taken out with them. This is why the MSM is so afraid of Ron Paul. His ideas will destratify society, and the current elite have the most to lose.

hazek
08-15-2011, 12:35 PM
That's why everything else, signwaving, door to door, wining straw polls, money bombs should be secondary to wining the propaganda war.

Because that's what it is, a war on what information the general public receives. And we can't win anything until we win this war.

Superfly
08-15-2011, 12:41 PM
Discussing and exposing the media blackout is perhaps one of the most important things we can do for Dr. Paul. The stupid but oft-repeated meme that "the media doesn't report him because he's a crackpot" is utter bullshit. The media loves crackpots, they report on them every day from the Rent-is-too-damn-high guy to the church in florida who scheduled the burning of the Koran. This is NOT about Ron Paul being a crackpot...this is about him going after the Corporatocracy.
Dr. Paul is placing 3rd in many NATIONAL polls. Placed #2 at the Ames straw poll by 1%. He has raised a huge amount of money without the benefit of bankster buddies and corporate donations. He is doing all this despite the HUGE DISADVANTAGE of media refusal for fairly report on his campaign and stances. They will not report him specifically because he IS grassroots and is not another blow-hard mainstream snake oil douche salesman. Relying on the old media to come Ron's way is not a winning strategy because it will never happen. Our role as his supporters is to infiltrate the media with ads, continue the revolution of alternative media, and perhaps as importantly...word of mouth.
If we fail to step up to the plate for Dr. Paul, then his cause will also fail.

Elwar
08-15-2011, 12:47 PM
The new media needs an easier transition to our TV sets.

Roku and hooking up a connection to your computer are still too cludgy for mainstream.

wgadget
08-15-2011, 12:50 PM
That's why everything else, signwaving, door to door, wining straw polls, money bombs should be secondary to wining the propaganda war.

Because that's what it is, a war on what information the general public receives. And we can't win anything until we win this war.

How do we win the propaganda war? By staying on the Internet? Honest question.

aravoth
08-15-2011, 01:06 PM
wish we could pull a John Galt and completely rule the airwaves.

hazek
08-15-2011, 01:15 PM
How do we win the propaganda war? By staying on the Internet? Honest question.

1st we have to admit to ourselves that this is a problem and that it is the most important problem. Only then we can collectively put our primary focus on finding the right solution.

2nd I'm not some superhuman genius who knows what the right solution is, but if you check my history on this forums I wrote a lot of posts about potential solutions, the most recent being: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?309070-More-burying-of-Ron-Paul-in-the-media.-This-is-reaching-the-point-of-absurdity.&p=3470781&viewfull=1#post3470781

sailingaway
08-15-2011, 01:19 PM
you are so correct. i am so frustrated right now i dont even know what to do. to see these "reporters" on the air skipping a mention of anything other than first place just makes me mad/ and they do it with a smile knowing that it isnt the truth. i hate all of them. chris wallace, beck, limbaugh and the rest are so corrupt. an honest person couldnt set back and not say anything.

Why do you watch them? They cover so little of value.

hazek
08-15-2011, 01:29 PM
Why do you watch them? They cover so little of value.

I'm pretty sure the point isn't about what effect the media has on us but how it brainwashes the masses that do watch it and don't know any better..

angelatc
08-15-2011, 01:30 PM
I think this is something the campaign needs to handle. Angry from us are considered nothing more than hilarious by the MSM.

furface
08-15-2011, 01:31 PM
Roku and hooking up a connection to your computer are still too cludgy for mainstream.

I don't know. I put Roku in on our TV in our family room. At first my wife and kids didn't want to have anything to do with it. Now it's mainly all they watch and for streaming news they watch Aljazeera, RT, & PressTV.

There should be some way of introducing people to it, some way of getting over that initial resistance to it.

Romulus
08-15-2011, 01:40 PM
I think this is something the campaign needs to handle. Angry from us are considered nothing more than hilarious by the MSM.

What do you suggest the campaign do about it? RP was supposed to be on the Today show but he was not! ? Are they clearing f'ing with us?

georgiaboy
08-15-2011, 02:28 PM
I really wouldn't have believed the blackout could be so in-your-face and blatant for such a significant political event as this near win.

Fetou
08-15-2011, 02:31 PM

We can use the money bomb to prove our point. Lots of small individual donors pooling up a lot of money shows just how "fringe" we are. Money talks