PDA

View Full Version : This could help Ron Paul get on the 2012 ballot?

flick5839
08-15-2011, 09:35 AM
I found this web site and was thinking that it could make sure that Ron Paul got on the ballot in 2012. Please let me know what you think?

https://secure.americanselect.org/

sailingaway
08-15-2011, 09:42 AM
Not a chance. They 'screen' their candidates for 'moderate' views.

flick5839
08-15-2011, 09:50 AM
Not a chance. They 'screen' their candidates for 'moderate' views.

So you have seen this web site and know what it is about?

Anarchist
08-15-2011, 02:08 PM
Thanks for the link. Took the survey and found it very interesting. I is setup similar to many online polls, strongly agree, somewhat agree, agree, disagree, somewhat disagree, strongly disagree, unsure. The questions cover the economy, jobs, taxes, foreign policy, health care, social issues and others. They say as more input is generated that the questions and answers will be refined. The concept is one that I heard from IT pros in discussions about vote fraud with electronic voting machines and it seems that they are addressing these issues in the same way that my IT friends suggested. I would very much like see how Dr. Paul would answer the questions. I found that on more than half the questions the highest percentages of answers were very much in line with what Dr. Paul has been promoting. This is geared to the presidential election. Another one is GOOOH Get out of our house, using public participation to find candidates for House and Senate seats. www,GOOOH.com I have subscribed to both to get a better understanding of their ideas on alternatives to our current system of candidate selection.

flick5839
08-15-2011, 02:29 PM
Thanks for the link. Took the survey and found it very interesting. I is setup similar to many online polls, strongly agree, somewhat agree, agree, disagree, somewhat disagree, strongly disagree, unsure. The questions cover the economy, jobs, taxes, foreign policy, health care, social issues and others. They say as more input is generated that the questions and answers will be refined. The concept is one that I heard from IT pros in discussions about vote fraud with electronic voting machines and it seems that they are addressing these issues in the same way that my IT friends suggested. I would very much like see how Dr. Paul would answer the questions. I found that on more than half the questions the highest percentages of answers were very much in line with what Dr. Paul has been promoting. This is geared to the presidential election. Another one is GOOOH Get out of our house, using public participation to find candidates for House and Senate seats. www,GOOOH.com I have subscribed to both to get a better understanding of their ideas on alternatives to our current system of candidate selection.

My understanding of the site is... You can write a person in for a candidate for 2012 and people can vote for that person. The person with the most votes will be on the 2012 ballot. I don't think the site is set up completely though. If my understanding is correct, and we put Ron Paul's name in and he gets the most votes, he will automatically be in the ballot for the 2012 presidential election. This is why I asked if others can check this out also.

Anarchist
08-15-2011, 03:04 PM
While I haven't got to the candidate selection process as yet, I did the questionnaire and will study the site one page at a time when I have a little more time and will report back. I like what I have seen so far. Sounds better than the primary process. Only time will tell. If your understanding is correct the that would definitely be an option that would guarantee a place on the ballot. I'm all for that. Checked out their terms and privacy policies and found them written in plain English. No legalese. Saw something about President and Vice President having to be from different parties if I read it right.