PDA

View Full Version : Hold me back

freejack
08-15-2011, 09:34 AM
All the media blackouts and misinformed anti-Paul comments are changing me from a normally mild mannered person into an internet attack dog.

I'm longer able to engage in any form of civil discourse with anti-Paul people and instead find my self lashing out with insults at every given chance (as time from my job/life permits).

This behavior obviously isn't going to get us anywhere although I'm sure many of us feel this way. How can we channel our anger into something more productive? I'm willing to commit a few hours out of the day for the cause.

CaptUSA
08-15-2011, 09:39 AM
Reach out to as many people as you can.

It's the people vs. the establishment. The people keep picking Ron Paul (or at least his views), but the establishment is trying to destroy that.

Don't get mad, fight harder!

ninepointfive
08-15-2011, 09:40 AM
Are you in a caucus state? I suggest making sure people are aware they need to register republican before the deadline and attend caucus to be elected as a state delegate!

=)

Original_Intent
08-15-2011, 09:51 AM
Just recognize that you are reacting exactly as they want you to - nothing would serve their purposes more than to provoke a Ron Paul supporter to violence.

The only thing you can do is do your small part to beat them at their own game - diffficult when they have the cameras and the microphones - post stuff on Youtube - letters to the editor, talk to people. Expose the way the media is trying to control the conversation with propaganda. People hate being manipulated. We need to pound on this again and again and again, try to promote all the videos already out there that expose the bias - a good one right now is the one with CNN and Politico saying that the first rule of politics is to pretend that Ron Paul doesn't exist. There are others that show things like the "Bachman wins, Pawlenty third" headlines.

People are waking up to the establishment, and if we keep our cool we can cause incredible amounts of blowback for the media on this.

If you do things in a way that reflects poorly on Ron Paul - you are serving their purpose.

freejack
08-15-2011, 10:35 AM
Thanks I needed someone to pour a bucket of cold water on me. Hopefully no one will really become violent due to this.

Magicman
08-15-2011, 10:53 AM
All the media blackouts and misinformed anti-Paul comments are changing me from a normally mild mannered person into an internet attack dog.

I'm longer able to engage in any form of civil discourse with anti-Paul people and instead find my self lashing out with insults at every given chance (as time from my job/life permits).

This behavior obviously isn't going to get us anywhere although I'm sure many of us feel this way. How can we channel our anger into something more productive? I'm willing to commit a few hours out of the day for the cause.

Spend your time phone banking instead wasting time on the internet with anti-paul people.