PDA

View Full Version : Val Venis

hopeforamerica
11-02-2007, 04:31 PM
On Halloween night, I met Val Venis of WWE fame. I had no idea he was my neighbor. Most of you know that he is a huge Ron Paul fan and has his own blog:

http://freetarian.com/

Anyhow, he didn't have a bumper sticker or a lawn sign. Of course he does now ;) I just delivered it to his house. He stated he wanted to do more locally to promote Ron Paul. I'll be meeting with him within the next week or so. So, if you have any great ideas for us, please let me know! I was thinking of getting him on the Adam Curry show. What do you think? Also, some sort of fundraising event in AZ. Any and all ideas welcome!!

He loved the Christmas lights sign btw...

kylejack
11-02-2007, 04:32 PM
His comments on universal healthcare were great.

Stealth4
11-02-2007, 04:33 PM
On Halloween night, I met Val Venis of WWE fame. I had no idea he was my neighbor. Most of you know that he is a huge Ron Paul fan and has his own blog:

http://freetarian.com/

Anyhow, he didn't have a bumper sticker or a lawn sign. Of course he does now ;) I just delivered it to his house. He stated he wanted to do more locally to promote Ron Paul. I'll be meeting with him within the next week or so. So, if you have any great ideas for us, please let me know! I was thinking of getting him on the Adam Curry show. What do you think? Also, some sort of fundraising event in AZ. Any and all ideas welcome!!

He loved the Christmas lights sign btw...

NICE!

hopeforamerica
11-02-2007, 04:34 PM
Okay, looking for ideas here ;)

Lord Xar
11-02-2007, 04:57 PM
Okay, looking for ideas here ;)

There are a slew of ideas... I am not big on WWE, is he popular? Like real popular?

Have him wear a Ron Paul tshirt during his next match.... he can walk out in it..

bbachtung
11-02-2007, 04:59 PM
How about having him host a $___ per plate dinner in which all donations are made directly to the Ron Paul campaign (via those handy-dandy envelopes and / or a laptop at the door)?

Lord Xar
11-02-2007, 05:02 PM
How about having him host a $___ per plate dinner in which all donations are made directly to the Ron Paul campaign (via those handy-dandy envelopes and / or a laptop at the door)?

That is not a bad idea. Seriously, he could host a fundrasier dinner at his home.

nbhadja
11-02-2007, 05:17 PM
There are a slew of ideas... I am not big on WWE, is he popular? Like real popular?

Have him wear a Ron Paul tshirt during his next match.... he can walk out in it..

I used to watch the WWE about 10 years ago and he very pretty popular. He could influence a lot of people, like maybe other wrestlers.......imagine the entire WWE endorsing RP.

Eric21ND
11-02-2007, 05:39 PM
I would love if Ventura came on board.

Nefertiti
11-02-2007, 05:56 PM
I want to see JBL on board. He has his own radio show and is very eloquent. He also has political aspirations for the future-governor or senator of Texas-maybe a decade down the road. Do talk to him about JBL next time you meet him. He is probably the one wrestler who has more ears listening to him every week in a context where he is allowed to talk about candidates and he is also quite knowledgeable about economics.

Danny Molina
11-02-2007, 06:17 PM

Not as popular as he was in the late 90's early 2000's but that's just the writers being lame.

When it comes to name recognition every wrestling fan knows who he is. He was one of my favorite wrestlers when I watched.

jrich4rpaul
11-02-2007, 06:19 PM
don't forget Kane

http://www.rescue-us.org/new/modules/htmlarea/Xinha_0.931/plugins/ImageManager/demo_images/Kane2.JPG

hopeforamerica
11-05-2007, 10:23 AM
I had to search for my post to see if there were any creative ideas posted while I was away. Nothing yet that I hadn't thought of. I'm hoping he is willing to do the fundraising thing. Does anyone know how I could get him hooked up with Adam Curry? I think it would make for a funny and interesting interview.

JenHarris
11-05-2007, 10:34 AM
He should change his name to Revolution and demand that the WWE supporters donate and vote!

or have a Revolution Rampage with he and the other WWE guy that supports Ron Paul being Team Revolution

*Note* I know nothing about WWE, I'm just typing my husband's ideas cuz he's too lazy to join this board :)

Santana28
11-05-2007, 10:48 AM
sorry....Val isn't the most popular/leading guy on WWE. I like him alot... but he hasn't gotten much of a push since his days as Chief Morley or something like that. Now Kane is due for a MAJOR push...maybe a title run soon. He's the man.

Vince McMahon is an elitist moneybags with a team of lawyers that ensures the talent abide by his iron and ever-flippant will. There's no chance you'd see Kane or Val wearing a non-WWE product shirt in the ring.

But that doesn't mean you cant get ringside tickets and hold up a huge sign saying "Kane supports the RevoLution!" or something :)

ACJohn
11-05-2007, 10:57 AM
Dress him up in a RP costume and take on the rest of the GOP look a-likes in a no holds barred Constitutional Smack Down…