PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul: Strongest against Terrorism (my argument)

hellsingfan
08-15-2011, 05:00 AM
Well I just wrote this... Its not published anywhere since I don't blog or anything. If you do, I give you full rights to edit and post this (no need to mention me) if you so choose.

I'm not the greatest of writers, as English is my second language. But this is what I think Ron can discuss. He should turn all questions of war into a general statement about the 'War on Terror'... In this write up I've used some some republican themes- like they come here to attack us because they hate us- something I don't agree with. But I used these themes to connect with them, and use their argument and discredit it with plain common sense. I also linked things to Russia (republicans hate 'em), and to Democrats and Obamacare (republicans hate them too. lol) to help things along the way.

If I was Ron I would discuss all war issues under the War on Terror banner. I would say I'm for the War on Terror but disagree with the methodology used to fight it. Explain why war (method) is giving us the wrong results (i.e more enemies), and how bringing our troops home will help.

I didn't add this to my write-up but you could also add that we boost our CIA so that we're always keeping a watch on things so its not like 'we let the terrorists flourish'. Letter of marque operations can be conducted. To show that we'll 'still be fightin' (fighting is what they want no?)

So here it is:

Ron Paul: Strongest against Terrorism

America faces a real threat from terrorism around the world. But is war the answer?

We must first understand why people want to kill us because if we don’t, then you can’t solve a problem, when you don’t know what the problem is. Let us say they come here to kill us because they hate us. Then the central problem is hate, an emotion that recruits people to become terrorists. Does War solve this problem? No! As the very outcome of war is ugly and induces hate. More innocent civilians die than terrorists, which is an evident fact in Iraq. The number of civilian casualties and refugees’ way out number the terrorists we have killed or captured.

Common sense tells us, that if you see your loved ones being killed by US bombs and military the reaction to that will not be admiration and love towards the US but that of hate. This is common sense. No amount of justification will be enough to satisfy a person who sees death on a daily basis. Families destroyed and children deaths; a result of war. However ‘good intentioned’ our War on Terror may be, one cannot escape from the reality of war. War creates an environment of hate. The person who saw his family being killed will surely hate the US. But wasn’t that the problem? We went to war because a group of people, a minority, hated us enough to attack us, and we wished to get rid of them. In the process of trying to kill these terrorists, we gave rise to more hate amongst other people, because they had lost their loved ones because of a bomb dropped by the US. Not to mention our ‘new haters’ would be more than the number of haters (terrorists) we killed since no one can deny the facts more civilian casualties take place than terrorist deaths, which yields an overall increase in US haters, that is more terrorists.

Now a common sense question: Is this person, who lost his family, more willing to join a group of people who hate the US, for whatever reasons, or to start singing praises of US?

The likelihood of this person becoming a fighter is without a question, quiet high. He joins this minority group, not because he hates US for the same reasons as the group itself, but because of the loved ones he lost. In other words, the person and this group have found a common target: US.

Congratulations! The War that was supposed to reduce the number of US haters actually increased their numbers. Put another way, the War on Terror became the Promoter of Terror.

Frankly the notion that war is the solution makes me think of Democrats. Democrats are well-intentioned people. They truly want to help the poor people get quality healthcare. That is why they passed Obamacare. We all know that even though they are ‘well-intentioned’ in their goals, such programs are not only going to fail but they will cause the people who are receiving good healthcare to be affected as well. Just like this war.

You are well-intentioned in believing that this war will kill terrorists, and make us safer, but in fact the results backfire and lead to more terrorists and more enemies. It is precisely why that now we are not only fighting the few original Al Qaeda members but also new recruitments, and even groups who’re just fighting to keep US out of their country, a people un-related to al-Qaeda, a new enemy. And we wonder why the war is still going on? It is because now we have more enemies than we had when the war first started. An absolute failure! Just like what Obamacare will be.

I’m not suggesting we shouldn’t fight this War on Terror, as we must to be secure. The problem is the methodology we have used to fight this terrorism is clearly, as supported by common sense above, flawed.

That is why anyone who suggests we must go into more wars, or continue the ones we already have gotten into, has no understanding of the problem, and thus should NOT be elected President as it only helps the terrorist gain in number. And if I am not wrong, that would leave ONLY Ron Paul as a candidate for President, who is smart enough to see that war is not the solution to the threat of terrorism. This tells me this man is thinking of solutions to America’s problems and not pandering like a politician.

So how shall we fight them, if not with dropping bombs and a full-scale military action?
It’s actually quite simple. We re-assess the problem; every coin has two-sides! It is true that 9/11 was an act of terrorism carried out by individuals who hate us, and they should rightly be blamed for it. But isn’t there someone else to blame for 9/11 other than these terrorists?

Let me explain.

Didn’t the Soviet Union hate us? Can it also not be said that even Russia of today, probably still, hates us and if were given an opportunity would try to destroy us?

Yes.

Correct! But we are not bombing Russia now are we; knowing that they would attack us given the opportunity? Why not? Because we never give them the opportunity to attack us by having a strong military they don’t want to mess with, and intelligence that keeps an eye on them. In other words we have a strong defense! Our defense is so strong against Russia that we never have to go on an offense! We never gave them the opportunity to attack us.

Now going back to 9/11.

We were attacked. I think we can blame the US government for lack of defense! A hater will hate us, just like Russia. But it’s the government’s responsibility to protect us against attacks. The terrorists found an opening in our defense and exploited it.

It is kind of like a computer virus and antivirus software. The best solution to protect yourself from viruses is not to try and find the person who designed the virus and kill him. Because there will always be hackers who make viruses; killing one guy won’t solve your problem and killing all the hackers will never happen. And even if you manage to kill all hackers, that doesn’t prevent new hackers from appearing. The best solution is to have software that doesn’t get infected. Or have antivirus software and keep updating the software so it can protect you against new viruses as well. That is, defense is the best offense!

With all the evidence we now have, it is clear that 9/11 could have been prevented but wasn’t. Our defense was caught with its pants down! The real blame should be placed on the government’s failure to DEFEND us. Just like we have no reason to go on the offense militarily against Russia, there is no reason to go on the offense against terrorists so long as our defense is strong. We need to update our defenses!

The best way to fight the War on Terror is not by bombs but by having a strong defense, which would mean that we must repeal our mistake of going to such an extended war, and bring the troops home.

There are immediate benefits to this approach.

Most importantly we will not be killing innocent civilians thus keeping their loved ones from turning against us. This will stop the growth in the number of terrorists.

Secondly, those who were fighting us just because we were invading their country will stop.

Third, our troops will be safer back home.

The money we save from ending the war will be needed to help the economy here at home. After-all we are in a dire situation. And not to mention all the money that the troops spent buying things over-seas would be spent here at home, giving an additional boost to the economy.

With the troops home, we can concentrate on securing our border against Mexico, so that terrorists can’t bring in WMDs through our unsecure borders and to manage the immigration problem, which also will boost our economy. The money we save from the wars can be used to help update our defense and intelligence system so that they can never have the opportunity to attack us, just like we have kept Russia at bay.

Then these terrorists, who hate us so much, will be just like Russia. Haters that can’t do anything to us. We lost more Americans in the war than on 9/11, and what we got in return for it was more terrorists than before. It was bad policy. The troops realize it, and that is perhaps why it is no surprise that Ron Paul received the most donations from active duty personnel than all other Republican candidates combined in the last election cycle, as well as this one.

We should be proud that we trust in our military might, which is probably why we went to these wars. To us they represent the Strong America in which we all believe. But we also need to be sensible. If war only creates more terrorists, then its best not to go to war. We need to be proud of the men and women who serve our country but we also need to be responsible that they do not go in harms way if we will not get the desired outcome. Before the War on Iraq, there was no al-Qaeda there, but there is now, not a desired outcome by any measure.

Our military protects us the best when they are here at home, defending our shores from foreign attacks, coupled by a strong intelligence that does their investigative work properly. This is the recipe for a strong national defense, not war. We were able to win against Soviet Union, a country with so many nuclear bombs, we can win against these terrorists too without going to war. The best way to fight this War on Terror is to boost our defense here at home, not an offense over-seas that creates more terrorists, puts our troops at un-necessary risk, and gets us nowhere but to perpetual war. It was our defensive failure that allowed 9/11 to occur, which we MUST correct.

It may seem that using our military might is the best thing to do, but don’t judge a book by its cover!

After realizing that the results of war are more hatred, and thus more terrorists, common sense says: No! War is not the solution.

On one hand there is the policy of war, which is leading us nowhere and creating more enemies and in the process we have lost more than 4000+ Americans

On the other hand is a policy that not only protects us, but also protects us from losing more Americans. Gives a boost to our economy, and helps in the direction of managing our illegal immigration problem.

There is only one clear choice.

This is precisely why Ron Paul is the best candidate for a strong America, who has the right vision for making America’s national DEFENSE strong again! The troops have seen the condition on ground and have realized that this foreign policy of war is a failure. This is precisely why the troops are supporting him, as he is the only one talking of withdrawing our troops and to build our defense as we should. No wonder he still receives more money from our military than all other Republican candidates COMBINED

Let us SUPPORT OUR TROOPS by supporting Ron Paul, the candidate they support for a STRONGER, SAFER and PROSPEROUS America.

God Bless the USA!