PDA

View Full Version : More burying of Ron Paul in the media. This is reaching the point of absurdity.

qwerty
08-15-2011, 03:38 AM
Pawlenty exits GOP race; leaves Romney, Perry, Bachmann to duke it out

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Elections/President/2011/0814/Pawlenty-exits-GOP-race-leaves-Romney-Perry-Bachmann-to-duke-it-out

LatinsforPaul
08-15-2011, 03:56 AM
Very interesting...

But the race for the GOP nomination could well go beyond Florida. New rules adopted by the Republican National Committee require any contests held before April 1 to award convention delegates proportionally, not winner-take-all as in the past. This could make 2012 look a lot more like the drawn-out nomination battle of the Democrats in 2008 rather than the Republicans’ relatively quick finish.

This means every single vote counts in these states.

BUSHLIED
08-15-2011, 04:05 AM
This means Ron is going to need A LOT of money....bottom line. And not in the fourth quarter BUT NOW...I hope that Sept moneybomb nets 10 million!!

Warrior_of_Freedom
08-15-2011, 04:27 AM
We need to start our own news sites to report it fairly. We run the show on the internet, not them.

hazek
08-15-2011, 05:02 AM
FK you are so funny. So fking funny..

I mean is it really that hard to see how the real word works and still have false hopes that it works in another magically better way? Why are you so delusional? Why are you so entrapped by your beliefs and unable to learn the facts and adjust? Why can't you just open your eyes!?

THE MEDIA WILL NEVER HELP US, NO MATTER WHAT RON WINS OR DOES, WE WILL NEVER GET FAIR COVERAGE Why?! Because the mainstream media is owned by the same corporations that own the status quo and it's a propaganda machine that has only 1 purpose: To brainwash people into maintaining the status quo.

IF WE WANT TO THROW OUT THE STATUS QUO, WE HAVE TO WIN THE PROPAGANDA WAR And the only way that can happen is if we primarily focus on developing our own propaganda and our own effective ways of spreading it.

Ron doesn't stand a chance until you get these simple facts through your thick skulls.

Hospitaller
08-15-2011, 05:12 AM

I mean is it really that hard to see how the real word works and still have false hopes that it works in another magically better way? Why are you so delusional? Why are you so entrapped by your beliefs and unable to learn the facts and adjust? Why can't you just open your eyes!?

THE MEDIA WILL NEVER HELP US, NO MATTER WHAT RON WINS OR DOES, WE WILL NEVER GET FAIR COVERAGE Why?! Because the mainstream media is owned by the same corporations that own the status quo and it's a propaganda machine that has only 1 purpose: To brainwash people into maintaining the status quo.

IF WE WANT TO THROW OUT THE STATUS QUO, WE HAVE TO WIN THE PROPAGANDA WAR And the only way that can happen is if we primarily focus on developing our own propaganda and our own effective ways of spreading it.

Ron doesn't stand a chance until you get these simple facts through your thick skulls.

Well said 0_0

KramerDSP
08-15-2011, 05:23 AM
Hazek, you tell us this over and over again without giving us propaganda of our own to work with.

hazek
08-15-2011, 05:48 AM
Hazek, you tell us this over and over again without giving us propaganda of our own to work with.

You have no idea how many posts I already wrote about that and they just got ignored.

BrendenR
08-15-2011, 05:52 AM

Does Peter Schiff need to buy the gold and personally deliver it to you?

rich34
08-15-2011, 05:55 AM
I've been sayin this and will keep sayin this, but Ron needs to start a fight on economic policy, with Romney and/or Perry in the next debate. It seems the only time the media cover Ron is when others attack him forcing him to whip their arse intellectually. He needs to be the one that goes on the attack and start a fight with one of these two fakes and give the media something to write about. If not, they're going to keep talking about the 13 year old cheerleader who does nothing, but scream and shout about Obama being a one term president. I mean serious, that chick at the straw poll looked like she was back in high school relieving her glory days...

speciallyblend
08-15-2011, 06:37 AM
You have no idea how many posts I already wrote about that and they just got ignored.

you give great ideas, but sitting around bitching that no one is listening is bs as well!! everyone is listening and doing what they can. You are typing from another country i believe so really have no clue what folks are doing on the ground across America!! Everyone is doing what they can. if you can do better please do!!

your an awesome Monday morning quarterback!!

dusman
08-15-2011, 06:43 AM

You know, I actually agree with you. The only thing I know possible to do, that our community of support could actually accomplish, is to attack them with the search engines. It's a huge undertaking though and has the potential to be a complete waste of time for a number of variables.

First, you would need a significant amount of involvement. Perhaps about 500 dedicated volunteers (Group A), who would each establish a blog and a Twitter account. You would have another small group responsible for creating videos (Group B), highlighting their propaganda and more importantly exposing the other candidates. You'd have to take several angles on this to find the right fit, but once you have this group up and running, you centralize all the videos in one channel and upload to it regularly.

Once those two groups are set in place, you can begin setting the stage for a search engine overthrow... if you are lucky.

- As Group B launches video, all of Group A should write a brief blog post about it. It is of upmost importance you don't copy and paste the same thing anywhere. You WANT all 500 blogs to have different content.
- Group A, should get on Twitter, follow around 300-400 per day (no more or you might get flagged), until you max out at 2,000. Within 2 weeks, you can reach that mark easily. I did this same strategy with one of my Twitter accounts and had 2,000 Twitter followers in 1 week.
- Group A should tweet every blog post they publish out to their 2,000. If 500 are following 2,000.. that is 1,000,000 people. A very easy thing for this community to accomplish I am sure of it.

Rather. Rinse. Repeat.

3-6 months of this, you will create an environment so toxic for all of the candidates and the media online. This is because it is likely some of these blogs might get pretty popular or even syndicated into Google News. Naturally, these 500 blogs will start ranking for whatever keywords you are targeting. I remember playing with this concept 2-3 years ago with some random, non-competitive terms and have 5 of the top 10 placements all from different domains I owned.

If we had a group of 10,000 actively doing this (Basically, if we as supporters all pledged to blog for Ron Paul). You would be able to reach 20,000,000 people through Twitter and you could essentially take over all the search terms for the election cycle. With a strong linking strategy, it would be impossible to stop.. without Google completely dismantling it's own algorithm. Even if not one outside blogger reposted our stories, we would still dominate everywhere. However, the reality is.. it would probably make each story go viral overnight.

At our will.

In conclusion, it's funny. I just recall now, that I had watched a video from an ex-CIA agent on YouTube about how to take back the country. One of his main points was blogging and using the internet. Never connected the two thoughts until now. I was going to use this similar kind of strategy for other side projects, but Ron Paul wins out in my heart.

Oh, how I dream every night of what is possible with the internet. Now to get 10,000 people mobilized to do it... working on it.

hazek
08-15-2011, 07:26 AM
The problem that I'm so desperately trying people to understand is that there is a problem.

The majority of the grassroots does not understand why the media is doing what it does and how powerful it is. We can't fix this problem unless we understand we have one.

hazek
08-15-2011, 07:31 AM
Oh, how I dream every night of what is possible with the internet. Now to get 10,000 people mobilized to do it... working on it.

You and me both and I have to say your idea is pretty good and also very doable..

rich34
08-15-2011, 07:40 AM
To fix this Ron MUST start a fight with Romney or Perry at the next debate! He must force himself into the media and usually his fights (ghooliani) bring him out on top. Ron has to do this, no money bomb will ever be enough..

dusman
08-15-2011, 07:55 AM
You and me both and I have to say your idea is pretty good and also very doable..

I almost hate revealing that idea. But, this was a strategy I've saved for something bigger to come that would justify the effort.

I think helping Ron Paul get elected is just right. It's going to take some really simple explanation and guidance, but I think it's definitely workable. Instead of pledging to moneybombs, we can pledge to setup blogs and have all the setup instructions prepared... even have a support group to help people with the installs, purchases of domains. I think I could manage to host the first 100 of them for free, under my current hosting reseller account.

We'll get far more value out of each supporter's efforts than what moneybombs can buy if we succeeded this strategy. Super Bowl commercials reach about 60 million people, cost $10-20 million, and only 30 seconds of exposure. Pepsi dropped the super bowl and spent their $20 million on Facebook.. if that is any indicator. You could reach 20 million people or more with this strategy.. it would be completely free (well.. except for $10 for domain name), and would be constant exposure.

Best of all.. we can still donate to the campaign. :)

Justinfrom1776
08-15-2011, 08:13 AM
We're preaching to the choir here at RPF.. My dad, who is a moderate republican was baffled at a story that ran on yahoo.com that virtually ignored Ron. He said he scanned over the comments and was amazed at all the RP support.

We need to continue to be on the news sites mixing it up in the comments section, getting the truth out there. I have to believe the campaign has something planned to combat this MSM ignorance. Every single morning news show I saw this morning proclaimed the Republican race a 3 person race between Perry, Romney, and Bachmann they referred to Paul as a niche. The blatant ignoring of Ron Paul is exposing the media for what they are and encouraging more people to come Ron Paul's way.

dusman
08-15-2011, 08:46 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/once-fringe-candidate-paul-shaping-2012-race-205132862.html

The comments on this Yahoo article are amazing, if it's the same one your Dad read. I scanned about 200-300 comments and didn't find 1 negative comment on Ron Paul.

hazek
08-15-2011, 09:08 AM
I have this idea about what the official campaign could do to combat MSM propaganda where they could have a designated person for every state or maybe one per 2 states whos sole job would be to find all the small local tv&radio stations and all the local news papers and then monitor what sort of stories they are reporting on on a daily basis. And as soon as political issue stories pop up where people are troubled by some problem their job would be to send that news outlet Ron's position on that particular issue.

This way people would get exposure to the practical application of Ron's philosophy to local issues and would could bypass the media propaganda.

Steve-in-NY
08-15-2011, 09:16 AM
First, you would need a significant amount of involvement. Perhaps about 500 dedicated volunteers (Group A), who would each establish a blog and a Twitter account. You would have another small group responsible for creating videos (Group B), highlighting their propaganda and more importantly exposing the other candidates. You'd have to take several angles on this to find the right fit, but once you have this group up and running, you centralize all the videos in one channel and upload to it regularly.

this can be accomplished with a RSS or scraping portal/listing site rather well I think.

- As Group B launches video, all of Group A should write a brief blog post about it. It is of upmost importance you don't copy and paste the same thing anywhere. You WANT all 500 blogs to have different content.
- Group A, should get on Twitter, follow around 300-400 per day (no more or you might get flagged), until you max out at 2,000. Within 2 weeks, you can reach that mark easily. I did this same strategy with one of my Twitter accounts and had 2,000 Twitter followers in 1 week.
- Group A should tweet every blog post they publish out to their 2,000. If 500 are following 2,000.. that is 1,000,000 people. A very easy thing for this community to accomplish I am sure of it.

Each person searches for each candidate in google and takes the time to find the articles/pages Group A/B have created and clicks on them. This raises the general rankings in google - funny enough known as a google bomb (no relation to the ROn Paul bombs... yet :D )

Instead of pledging to moneybombs, we can pledge to setup blogs and have all the setup instructions prepared... even have a support group to help people with the installs, purchases of domains.

I think its a great idea, however with the situation being what it is, I believe its needed to run in conjunction with donations for traditional campaigning. We are all going to have to tighten our belts, grit our teeth and push ahead on all fronts. Im talking from experience, Ive literally given all I can and am completely broke until pay day (mid week). No lunches, no coffee, no cigarettes (Im dying here) etc... I would rather suffer a bit personally for the greater good than lose in a milestone and think to myself "If I had only..."

I have to believe the campaign has something planned to combat this MSM ignorance.

Well, even if they are I am presently working on this with others on a site called "Ron Paul Myths". Search out the thread if youd like to get involved.

I have this idea about what the official campaign could do to combat MSM propaganda where they could have a designated person for every state or maybe one per 2 states whos sole job would be to find all the small local tv&radio stations and all the local news papers and then monitor what sort of stories they are reporting on on a daily basis. And as soon as political issue stories pop up where people are troubled by some problem their job would be to send that news outlet Ron's position on that particular issue.

This way people would get exposure to the practical application of Ron's philosophy to local issues and would could bypass the media propaganda.

great idea, but this could be done by volunteers rather easily as well.

Let me know how I can be of assistance.

Napoleon's Shadow
08-17-2011, 09:18 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9nOIusbDwI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7eY-WAtkEg

Deborah K
08-17-2011, 09:21 PM

And I say one important way to do that is through dozens and dozens of TV commercials. Beat em at their own game!