PDA

View Full Version : UN to release bullion coins as alternate currency

emazur
08-15-2011, 01:19 AM
Never come across this website before - is this story legit? It almost seems designed to cause a stir in the Paul community
http://humanism.ws/featured/un-to-release-bullion-coins-as-world-currency/

The announcement by the United Nations this week that it will license the minting of silver and gold bullion coins bearing the UN logo may be the button that launches metal prices into orbit.

In its wide-ranging preview, the UN Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD) stated that the system of currencies and international banking practices within today’s economies were inadequate, and responsible for the present economic crisis. The report advocates that the present monetary system, wherein the dollar acts as the global reserve currency, be re-examined “with urgency”.

US Fed spokesperson Patrick Paulsen acknowledged that there could be some strong reaction in the US to the global currency, and that it would “…be viewed as a step toward a New World Order. But those same people have probably lost patience with the money-changers as well.”

He clarified that he would “…nonetheless anticipate that the western currencies will continue to depreciate, given Asia’s ascendancy in trade and manufacturing, to find their own value and enable their economies to compete. This is a UN perogrative we cannot and should not control, it’s returning to what we had with Bretton-Woods.”

The UN decided to provide a “public option” savings currency, whereby currency mints will be licensed to mint two kinds of bullion coins the size of the 1€ coin – the Uno (silver ~$5) and the Oro (gold, ~$500). The names were adopted from the book “The Humanist”, which foresees the UN being better funded by 2015 via its licensing fees, expected to be 10-15%.

Armand Dufour of the European Bank welcomes their introduction. “People have enough Fiat currency options, government and banks cannot intrude on bullion coins – they will have their own inviolable value.”

sailingaway
08-15-2011, 01:22 AM
How happy they must be in UN-land, where presumably these will be legal tender.

And what planet is UN-land on?

Paulson means it was old. But they spun globalism as a touted goal for a decade or so there, all glorious upside, no downside at all..... remember?

jct74
08-15-2011, 01:32 AM
I didn't click on the link but that story is from December 2009
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-bloggers/2414336/posts

TexanRudeBoy
08-15-2011, 01:45 AM
US Fed spokesperson "New World Order" "money-changers".

Anyone ever hear a Fed official use these terms? The OP's article, dated 8-4-11, and jct74's link, dated 12-24-09, are word for word and both mention an announcement this week that I can't find outside of articles worded exactly the same. One links to this UN Trade and Development Report 2009:http://www.unctad.org/TEMPLATES/webflyer.asp?docid=11867&intItemID=2068&lang=1

Nothing there mentions anything about gold and there's even a part about climate change. WTF is this?

emazur
08-15-2011, 01:53 AM
Mods, feel free to edit the thread title to "MOD: sounds like bullshit"

LibertyEagle
08-15-2011, 02:01 AM
lolol@emazur

susano
08-15-2011, 02:23 AM
lol

"money changers"

That would the day anyone in the Synagogue of Satan used that term.

Total horseshit. I wonder where it came from. Probably some .gov cubicle flunky.

oyarde
08-15-2011, 10:18 AM
Oh , I think the UN are legitimate , big ,bloated , corrupt money changers !

FrankRep
08-15-2011, 10:23 AM
This can't be real. I call BS.

oyarde
08-15-2011, 10:48 AM
This can't be real. I call BS.

I dunno , kind of think the same , why dont you look into it for us ...

parocks
08-15-2011, 02:09 PM
Joke