PDA

View Full Version : Wouldn't "dove" rhetoric toward Iran attract female supporters?

trey4sports
08-14-2011, 11:39 PM
Am i missing something?

Typically women tend to vote for the peace candidate, correct? If that prior assumption is correct wouldn't our numbers with women go up after the debate? That is probably the group we have the least support in per the last couple national polls.

nobody's_hero
08-15-2011, 04:19 AM
Women also vote for the guy who takes care of poor people, and we all know that Ron Paul hates poor people 'cause he speaks out against welfare. (sarcasm)

I don't know. I've been trying to figure out what goes on in the minds of women my whole life.

Sola_Fide
08-15-2011, 04:24 AM
I don't know man. Some women I know who are active in local politics are more hawkish than the men.

Kludge
08-15-2011, 04:32 AM
I doubt the premise.

Warrior_of_Freedom
08-15-2011, 04:36 AM
I think a lot of people who didn't support the wars just hated Bush. It saddens my heart to see so many people thirsty for more blood.

jmdrake
08-15-2011, 04:55 AM
Michelle Bachman, Sarah Palin and Michelle Malkin are all women. Ron has to do more than be "dovish" on Iran. He has to fully make the case why Iran isn't a threat even if they got a bomb. And he has to go beyond just saying "We created this monster when we overthrew Mossadeq". That's true and it's a great point, but it begs the question "Now that the monster is created, what do we do about it"? The fact is that during the first half of the Bush administration Iran made several overtures for peace including being the only Muslims country to join our coalition to drive out the Taliban. They switched figurehead presidents when they realized we weren't going to play fair. But the main aim of the people pulling the strings in Iran is their own survival, and not the destruction of Israel let alone the U.S.

For more see: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?308140-How-Ron-Paul-could-smack-down-Iran-critics

aclove
08-15-2011, 04:57 AM
Republican/Tea Party activist women are just as/more bloodthirsty than the men, particularly in the Bible Belt. Don't ask me why, but I promise you they are.

Invi
08-15-2011, 05:49 AM
Not necessarily.
"Think of the children!"
Except, not of the Iranian children. Just ours, and starving children in Ethiopia.

I would like to think my gender to be the kinder, gentler one, lol, but I am constantly shown otherwise. Women can be downright vicious.

Icymudpuppy
08-15-2011, 09:17 AM
History has shown that nations ruled by women (elizabeth I of england, cathy of russia, etc), or nations significantly influenced by the spouse of the leader are involved in more wars than male dominated nations.

Women take care of their own, and will destroy anyone/thing that they feel threatens their brood. Which is more dangerous, a boar bear, or a female with cubs? I'll take the boar any day. If he thinks he might lose, or get too bloodied in the fight, he'll back down. The female will see red, and that's it.

Carehn
08-15-2011, 09:19 AM
Maybe.
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3364/3543032703_5805172c31.jpg

PaleoForPaul
08-15-2011, 09:57 AM
Am i missing something?

Typically women tend to vote for the peace candidate, correct? If that prior assumption is correct wouldn't our numbers with women go up after the debate? That is probably the group we have the least support in per the last couple national polls.

Young women are dovish, middle aged women with children are hawkish (and tend to be conservative).

If you ever want to have an amusing conversation with one of them, ask them how Iran would hit us with a nuclear weapon (Hint: they don't have an air force as Ron mentioned, and they don't have ICBMs).