PDA

View Full Version : 2012 GOP Update

sailingaway
08-14-2011, 11:39 PM
http://www.wsbradio.com/weblogs/jamie-dupree/2011/aug/15/2012-gop-update/

Ron Paul's close second place finish again shows the strength of his Iowa supporters, but many Republicans in Washington, D.C. don't see his candidacy ending with him winning the GOP nomination.

Still, Paul definitely joins Bachmann in the top tier of GOP candidates, along with frontrunner Mitt Romney - plus for now - Gov. Perry.

Perry started with a big flourish this weekend, with events in South Carolina, Iowa and New Hampshire.

Will Perry turn out to be a successful candidate or a flash in the pan? Even GOP lawmakers in the Congress that I heard from over the weekend weren't too sure.

trey4sports
08-14-2011, 11:44 PM
pretty decent analysis.

Perry, I'm not too sure what to think regarding his legitimacy. He will have Romney money no doubt, and unfortunately I do believe that (at least at first)he will have some tea party support so he could be another guy who can take it down the stretch. I really believe that it could be Perry, Ron,Romney, and Bachmann (at least for a while, perry or Bach can very well explode.)

gyrmnix
08-14-2011, 11:53 PM
I think it'll be between Paul, Romney and Perry or Bachmann. One will push the other into that "second tier" status before all is said and done.

In my opinion, Perry will come out on top due to his charisma and money but, we have yet to see how Perry's crony capitalism affects him.

trey4sports
08-15-2011, 12:06 AM
who does perry take from ? Romney, and Bachmann i guess? it will be interesting to see how the media plays up Perry... is he going to be the establishment alt. to Romney or the rootin-tootin texas gubna comin' n to talk some jesus and low taxes. Which would of course hurt Michele Bachmann more.

Agorism
08-15-2011, 01:46 AM
What's crazy is that the GOP all seem to be swarming around Rick Perry right now, and he only announced this weekend.

The anointment seems to have begun.

LatinsforPaul
08-15-2011, 02:37 AM
We need the top four, Paul, Perry, Romney, and Bachmann, to be in the race to the end. In the initial primaries, 30% to 35% of the vote will give the candidate a WIN, especially with the other candidates, Cain, Santorum, and Gingrich, in the race.

parocks
08-15-2011, 03:02 AM
What's crazy is that the GOP all seem to be swarming around Rick Perry right now, and he only announced this weekend.

Bilderberg 07

you should expect the msm, who follow the wishes of the global elites, to showcase Perry favorably. Do not expect the msm to talk about the controversial topics.

Our super pac should do negative ads on him.

Jingles
08-15-2011, 03:20 AM
Bilderberg 07

you should expect the msm, who follow the wishes of the global elites, to showcase Perry favorably. Do not expect the msm to talk about the controversial topics.

Our super pac should do negative ads on him.

Yeah, this. I never really bought into any of that bilderberg stuff (I mean I knew it existed and wasn't exactly good, but idk) until I have seen Perry's rise to fame + money out of nowhere. He just seems so staged of a candidate.

BUSHLIED
08-15-2011, 03:24 AM

It is all a circus...the establishment has to try people out to see if they can catch fire..Pawlenty fell flat. Now Perry is in the race. If Perry falls, someone else can get in the race...anything to suppress Paul and Bachmann, or the TEA party.

The way I see it, the establishment has seen that tea party is on the rise and that Romney is weak, look at what happened to Pawlenty, essentially a Romney alternative without Romneycare...Perry is the establishment pick that appeals to the tea party if they think the conservatives are in force this election cycle because of the 2010 midterms...

So now that Pawlenty is done, this also means that Romney is a weak front runner...the establishment is using a strategy to make sure they hold on to power...

If you think that anything is going to change with Paul, think again...the media and the establishment are going to figure out more ways to hit RON...

Ron has got to come out with a major policy speech, attack candidates in the debates, articulate ideas better, raise more money to stay competitive with Bachmann...so that he can run TV ads and turn out voters etc...

Ron now has only one card left to pull...an IA caucaus win, or he's done...unless I am wrong and his polling surges in NH...which is possible but historically Paul does worse in primaries...IA or BUST...he has got a shot for sure!! He could win IA, if he continues to campaign there and build on the straw poll voters...he has to take 50 out of 99 counties.