PDA

View Full Version : Townhall

LibertyEagle
08-14-2011, 09:24 PM
An article about Ron Paul is on the front page. From the looks of it, it is far from favorable.

The good news is that they are now carrying Peter Schiff's articles too.

I really wish the Southern Avenger would approach Townhall and other sites about carrying his blogs.

www.townhall.com

trey4sports
08-14-2011, 09:27 PM
ehh, it is what it is.

mpdsapuser
08-14-2011, 09:28 PM
Katie is an airhead. It's not because she's a blonde but she resorts to the typical neoconservative talking points to make her point.

libertybrewcity
08-14-2011, 09:30 PM
there is also an article by Peter Schiff

Anti Federalist
08-14-2011, 09:43 PM
An article about Ron Paul is on the front page. From the looks of it, it is far from favorable.

The good news is that they are now carrying Peter Schiff's articles too.

I really wish the Southern Avenger would approach Townhall and other sites about carrying his blogs.

www.townhall.com

Was it this one?

He’s in the loser category because he supports a nuclear Iran, or at least sitting by while they develop the bomb. He also blames the US for Iran’s hostility toward us because of the 1953 coup. While the CIA was involved in that, so what? He also supports Miranda Rights for terrorists. The only way I’d support Miranda Rights for terrorists is if they were engraved on the bullets we use to shoot them.

That's some short sighted stupidity there.

Hey, bud, how would you feel if the Iranian government sponsored a coup in America that led to decades of bloodthirsty puppet dictator rule, then armed Mexico in a border war that killed roughly (given the population difference and percentages) 25 million Americans???

Who are these dickless jackasses spouting this tough guy bullshit?

Jingles
08-14-2011, 10:03 PM
"He also supports Miranda Rights for terrorists. The only way I’d support Miranda Rights for terrorists is if they were engraved on the bullets we use to shoot them."

http://i.imgur.com/paXuH.png
"BOMB 'EM ALL TO KINGDOM COME! BAG 'EM AND TAG 'EM! STACK 'EM AND RACK 'EM! LET GOD SORT 'EM OUT! AMERICA IS #1!"

XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD

But in all seriousness... ARE YOU KIDDING ME!? Does she not realize that Americans now are subjected to this same treatment if they are considered an "enemy combatant"? Does she not realize all the evils of the so called PATRIOT act? Does she not know how important it is for a Republic to follow the rule of law or else it devolves into a government that thinks it can do anything to anyone anywhere for any reason? Or a government that will invade your privacy for whatever means or reasons? Or a government that can put you in jail indefinitely for any reason it sees fit? ARE THESE NOT THINGS OUR COUNTRY FOUGHT A REVOLUTION TO STOP/PROTECT AGAINST!?

*shakes head in disappointment and disbelief*

mpdsapuser
08-14-2011, 10:12 PM
I left Katie a message on her Facebook wall. Arguing with Katie is like arguing in circles. The point always changes.

libertybrewcity
08-15-2011, 12:33 AM
comments on the article page are disturbing...

LibertyEagle
08-15-2011, 12:53 AM
But in all seriousness... ARE YOU KIDDING ME!? Does she not realize that Americans now are subjected to this same treatment if they are considered an "enemy combatant"? Does she not realize all the evils of the so called PATRIOT act? Does she not know how important it is for a Republic to follow the rule of law or else it devolves into a government that thinks it can do anything to anyone anywhere for any reason? Or a government that will invade your privacy for whatever means or reasons? Or a government that can put you in jail indefinitely for any reason it sees fit? ARE THESE NOT THINGS OUR COUNTRY FOUGHT A REVOLUTION TO STOP/PROTECT AGAINST!?

*shakes head in disappointment and disbelief*

That would be an excellent comment to put over there. :)

Jingles
08-15-2011, 01:08 AM
Oh god, I was just looking at the various articles and such on this site and the comments... Is this site representative of the average "conservative"? My god its scary. Are there that many people that are this clueless and are still stuck in that stupid RvD LvR crap? Argh.

I think I get more annoyed with neocons than let's say democrats, progressives, etc... Because someone who is a progressive or something has a different philosophy than I do. The thing that annoys me about neocons or the mainstream conservative is they think they believe in/are supporting limited government... They really do. But their positions don't reflect that at all in regards social issues and foreign policy. Government always grows under the guise of war and its hard to advocate free markets without addressing the military industrial complex. I think one of the main things that originally attracted me to libertarianism years ago was the consistency of the policy positions really (and it seemed more logical to me).

Jingles
08-15-2011, 01:09 AM
LibertyEagle

I clicked on the townhall link and looked around for the article they were talking about and couldn't find a link to it. Happen to have a link to the article itself?

Verrater
08-15-2011, 01:16 AM
hxxp://townhall.com /tipsheet/katiepavlich/2011/08/12/ron_paul_why_stop_iran_from_getting_nukes

LibertyEagle
08-15-2011, 01:47 AM
Thanks, Verrater. :)

LibertyEagle
08-15-2011, 01:50 AM
Oh god, I was just looking at the various articles and such on this site and the comments... Is this site representative of the average "conservative"? My god its scary. Are there that many people that are this clueless and are still stuck in that stupid RvD LvR crap? Argh.

I think I get more annoyed with neocons than let's say democrats, progressives, etc... Because someone who is a progressive or something has a different philosophy than I do. The thing that annoys me about neocons or the mainstream conservative is they think they believe in/are supporting limited government... They really do. But their positions don't reflect that at all in regards social issues and foreign policy. Government always grows under the guise of war and its hard to advocate free markets without addressing the military industrial complex. I think one of the main things that originally attracted me to libertarianism years ago was the consistency of the policy positions really (and it seemed more logical to me).

The people who run the site are pretty neo-connish. But, a lot of Republicans read that site. There are also articles over there by Pat Buchanan, Walter Williams and now, Peter Schiff. Good stuff. I am hoping that the Southern Avenger approaches them to get his blog carried there, also. If we do not put our viewpoint out there, people just do not know any better than to believe all the many other authors. A lot of good people were led astray. More and more are waking up.