PDA

View Full Version : Iowa showed up

Uriah
08-14-2011, 08:45 PM
I just wanted to say that Iowa and Ron Paul supporters showed up. 16,892 is a large turnout. Dr. Paul nearly won and we have to be proud of that fact. I know it is still 2nd place but it is very close.

With that said, donate now. I just dropped $125 which is my biggest contribution yet. I have bills and things to pay(like getting my car fixed). As my disappointment for Paul's 2nd place showing was passing, I realized how close it really was and how much the message of liberty has come along. I watched "For Liberty" on the bus ride home from Ames and felt truly inspired, again.

Ron Paul's candidacy stands for so much more than liberty. It also stands for honesty, integrity, humility, dignity, and like every worthwhile revolution, love. Love for oneself and love for others. This cause is something to sacrifice for and I see it clearer than ever that this cause can become a living reality.

I've spent time and money along with many others. We have given Ron Paul and his campaign legitimacy. For those of you that read this and have become bitter or frustrated with the way things went down in Ames, four years ago, or at any other time, please, let the bitterness and frustration go. Turn it to love and embrace the ride we are on. This movement, thank God, is nothing like the situation our founders faced. We are not faced with imminent death. The costs are high but the reward so sweet.

Let this be our starting point; nine-tenths of a percent shy of a victory in Ames, Iowa. Let this say We are a contender and the Liberty movement is a cause for freedom that the founders endowed to us and is alive and well. Let this endowment live long and prosper and not die and become relegated to the texts of history. Let this be our moment, our time, and the beginning of the reign of liberty for all mankind.

Crickett
08-14-2011, 08:54 PM
yay!! Nice post. Let it BE.

samforpaul
08-14-2011, 09:02 PM
Let this be our starting point; nine-tenths of a percent shy of a victory in Ames, Iowa. Let this say We are a contender and the Liberty movement is a cause for freedom that the founders endowed to us and is alive and well. Let this endowment live long and prosper and not die and become relegated to the texts of history. Let this be our moment, our time, and the beginning of the reign of liberty for all mankind.

Dude, tones of Rocky Balboa running up the steps in Philadelphia are reverberating in my mind now.
Wonderful post and thanks for your efforts!