View Full Version : Reason hit and run.

MsDoodahs
05-17-2007, 03:19 PM
http://www.reason.com/blog/show/120263.html

cujothekitten
05-17-2007, 03:53 PM
I love this comment:

Dear Sir or Madam,

We would like to take this opportunity to stress that we are the Party of the War on Terror. We do not believe that our party has room for opinions that conflict with the idea that the U.S. is under imminent, chronic existential threat and that the GOP is uniquely and soley suited to protecting the country. Further, there is no place for the near-blasphemous idea that there is any other way to win the War on Terror than to exercise the military power of the U.S. in any way that a Republican President may feel is appropriate, at any time, anywhere in the world.

In light of this the Party respectfully requests that you complete the questionnaire below and return it:

Please answer the following questions "ja" oder "nein""yes" or "no":

1. I believe that the US is in terrible danger at all times from outsiders.

2. I believe that the only reasonable course of action in prosecuting the war on terror was to invade Iraq.

3. I believe that it is near-treasonous to suggest that the Iraq war is not going well or that other options should be explored.

4. I strongly believe that we should fight in Iraq until either the insurgents are defeated or we run out of money or fighting forces.

5. I believe that even to listen to other points of view is inconsistent with membership in the GOP.

Please tally your "yes" and "no" answers. Please be advised that any "no" answers will result in your dismissal from the Republican Party. You will no longer be eligible to vote in any Republican Primary elections, as we simply cannot have dissent. The safety of the USA depends on it.

Sincerely,

The GOP.

MsDoodahs
05-17-2007, 03:55 PM
lol...that's good!