PDA

View Full Version : My observation about Ron's Iowa Straw Poll Speech.

trey4sports
08-14-2011, 07:26 PM
I noticed a couple of things that I really liked about his speech, in fact, I would say this was one of his best speeches ever IMO.

1. He stressed his opposition to Abortion - I don't particularly care about the issue myself, but it is important because it signals that he can tailor the message and that is very very good news.

2. He slowed things down - Ron has a tendency to get too talking to fast and ends up missing his point and rambles which makes it difficult for joe the average voter to understand him. This speech was quite different, and it felt like he might have been coached. Slowing things down really helped him in this instance and I think it would help him with the voting public as well.

What do you guys think?

P.S. I'd really like to hear from Iowans who were at the event, how did undecided voters react to Dr. Paul?

wstrucke
08-14-2011, 07:37 PM
He usually gives good speeches outside of debates, where they throw him odd ball questions and give him only three or four thirty second windows to express himself.

specsaregood
08-14-2011, 07:40 PM
He often stresses abortion he does it in a great many speeches. I'm of the opinion that he has brought more young people to the pro-life side in recent years than anybody else.

FriedChicken
08-14-2011, 07:45 PM
Haven't seen the speech but I disagree that he usually does well in speeches outside of debates ... he does BETTER for sure but I wouldn't say good. The problem I have with his speeches is that while I'm having a dandy time hearing the stuff I want to I would rarely encourage someone who is undecided to attend - often Ron Paul prepares his speeches more like a rally speech than an educational and/or "win them over to our side" speech.

But that is just the way he is ... wish he would change and maybe get some writers to help polish things up and smooth things over but ... that's not Ron.