PDA

View Full Version : CENSORSHIP of pro Ron Paul comments even on german websites

swissaustrian
08-14-2011, 05:29 PM
German websites reporting on the straw poll results repeat the US media propaganda.
I commented 3 articles with reason and - guess what - I got censored 3 times. The comments disappeared or didn´t show up in the first place. The only thing I did was to politely show that Ron Paul is not a "right wing extremist" who has "no solutions for the problems" and that Obama is a wall street president like Clinton was.
The websites were a major left wing newspaper ("TAZ"), a moderate weekly magazine ("Der Spiegel"), and a conservative weekly magazine ("Focus").

As you can see, US media spreads the spin, foreign media translates it without questioning anything. Even worse, they censor criticism.
But, despite that: I can tell you, a lot of foreigners know who Ron Paul really is. The truth can´t be stopped from spreading.

Canderson
08-14-2011, 07:20 PM
Als ich ins Deutschland wohte RP war gar nicht bekannt und ich hab' leute ihm gezeigt wenn sie mir von Politik gefragt hat. Sie warren ganz begeistert mit seinem stand gegen Krieg. Aber mit seinem Außenpolitik überall war niemand mit wem ich gesprochen hat zu frieden. Im Deutschland und alle Europa ist 'Foreign Aid' (wie sagt man daß auf Deutsch?) total akzeptiert. Und seinem Ökonmische stände sind total undenkbar für die meisten Deutscher die normaleweise haben kein problem mit Zentralbanken und eine geplannte Wirtschaft. Gibt es politiker wie Paul im Berlin? Oder hat Libertät kein stimme dar? Wie ist es das Sie zum Ron Paul Forums gekommen sind? Haben die leute die ihm kennen Sympathie für RP oder ist er zum großen teil ignoriert?

-Canderson

truthspeaker
08-14-2011, 07:31 PM
The EU is in love with Obama.

swissaustrian
08-15-2011, 07:10 AM
Als ich ins Deutschland wohte RP war gar nicht bekannt und ich hab' leute ihm gezeigt wenn sie mir von Politik gefragt hat. Sie warren ganz begeistert mit seinem stand gegen Krieg. Aber mit seinem Außenpolitik überall war niemand mit wem ich gesprochen hat zu frieden. Im Deutschland und alle Europa ist 'Foreign Aid' (wie sagt man daß auf Deutsch?) total akzeptiert. Und seinem Ökonmische stände sind total undenkbar für die meisten Deutscher die normaleweise haben kein problem mit Zentralbanken und eine geplannte Wirtschaft. Gibt es politiker wie Paul im Berlin? Oder hat Libertät kein stimme dar? Wie ist es das Sie zum Ron Paul Forums gekommen sind? Haben die leute die ihm kennen Sympathie für RP oder ist er zum großen teil ignoriert?

-Canderson
Thanks for answering in German :) But as this is an English forum, i´ll answer in English.
Foreign aid = Entwicklungshilfe ( translated literally "development aid")
I´m Swiss, so I´m not an expert on German politics. But I don´t know any politician in Berlin that even comes close to Ron Paul. Classical Liberals a.k.a. libertarians are nearly an unknown species in Europe. I got to RPF through the documentary "for liberty" and through a Swiss libertarian think tank called "Liberales Institut" ( http://www.libinst.ch/?i=home--en ).
Sympathy for Ron Paul is growing all over Europe, especially amoung economists and young people.
We foreign supporters really hope that the message of liberty spreads to our shores. We need it desperately. And we want to help you Americans as much as we can in your efforts to restore your republic.

swissaustrian
08-15-2011, 07:12 AM
The EU is in love with Obama.
Yes, my impression is that his popularity is much bigger overseas than at home.
European media still sees him as the savior from GWB.

Kludge
08-15-2011, 07:16 AM
FWIW, most major news sites put comments in a moderation queue where they have to be manually approved by moderators before they're allowed to be displayed. Just in case that's what was happening. Might be worth checking the pages again tomorrow to see if they're up or not.

swissaustrian
08-15-2011, 07:19 AM
FWIW, most major news sites put comments in a moderation queue where they have to be manually approved by moderators before they're allowed to be displayed. Just in case that's what was happening. Might be worth checking the pages again tomorrow to see if they're up or not.
I thought that would be the case. But it wasn´t. All pro Obama / Perry comments showed up. My comments are still missing.

Eroberer
08-15-2011, 08:11 AM
I'm an American living in Germany and have had some success in converting people to the idea of liberty. It's hard because most people in Europe have never had the idea of freedom presented to them. They can't comprehend what would happen when the government is drastically reduced in size. The rules and regulations here in Germany are many. The Democratic Party would probably be the "Conservative Party" in Germany. The one party that promoted less taxes and a freer market were making steady gains in national politics, but their support of nuclear power and the unfortunate catastrophe in Japan that occurred just before elections left them decimated.

I read an article in Der Tagesspiegel about the Ames Straw Poll. It was full page and mostly about Bachmann. There were paragraphs devoted to Romney, Palin, Pawlenty, Perry, and even a mention of Huntsman. The only mention of Ron Paul came at the end when they briefly stated the results. It's almost as if he doesn't exist. It's no wonder Germans haven't heard of him. They even had photos of Bachmann, Pawlenty, Romney (who wasn't there), and Perry (who also wasn't there).

swissaustrian
08-15-2011, 08:25 AM
I'm an American living in Germany and have had some success in converting people to the idea of liberty. It's hard because most people in Europe have never had the idea of freedom presented to them. They can't comprehend what would happen when the government is drastically reduced in size. The rules and regulations here in Germany are many. The Democratic Party would probably be the "Conservative Party" in Germany. The one party that promoted less taxes and a freer market were making steady gains in national politics, but their support of nuclear power and the unfortunate catastrophe in Japan that occurred just before elections left them decimated.

I read an article in Der Tagesspiegel about the Ames Straw Poll. It was full page and mostly about Bachmann. There were paragraphs devoted to Romney, Palin, Pawlenty, Perry, and even a mention of Huntsman. The only mention of Ron Paul came at the end when they briefly stated the results. It's almost as if he doesn't exist. It's no wonder Germans haven't heard of him. They even had photos of Bachmann, Pawlenty, Romney (who wasn't there), and Perry (who also wasn't there).
The liberal democrats (FDP) come as close as it get´s to libertarians. But as you said already, they are bought buy special interests (Atomic energy, banking, hotels).

Dianne
08-15-2011, 09:11 AM
Once Paul is President, there will be no more Federal Reserve unlawfully creating 16 Trillion dollars to bail out foreign banks, hidden from the American people and an additional debt Americans must pay !!!!

As a direct recipient of the Federal Reserve's fraud, I wouldn't expect they are looking forward to a Paul presidency.

swissaustrian
08-15-2011, 09:27 AM
Once Paul is President, there will be no more Federal Reserve unlawfully creating 16 Trillion dollars to bail out foreign banks, hidden from the American people and an additional debt Americans must pay !!!!

As a direct recipient of the Federal Reserve's fraud, I wouldn't expect they are looking forward to a Paul presidency.
The ECB could overtake the FED´s role easily. They have already started bailing out the PIIGS: http://www.zerohedge.com/news/ecb-purchases-%E2%82%AC22-billion-italian-spanish-bonds-past-week-highest-weekly-amount-ever
The new ECB chairman (Mario Draghi) is a former Goldman Sachs employee.