PDA

View Full Version : Idea for promoting Ron Paul on national security

libertybrewcity
08-14-2011, 02:58 PM
If we can get the majority of donations from the military, does that mean the majority of the military supports Ron Paul?

Given there are about 1.45 million active duty troops and 833 reserve, I bet the campaign could get a large percentage of those troops to sign a petition online or somehow pledge support. Even 10% of 20% of all troops would do the trick and it wouldn't take any initial resources other than a website. The campaign would essentially hand it off to the grassroots so as not waste any resources.

They could then make the argument Ron Paul has the support of the military. It could be used throughout the campaign in press releases, tv advertisements, speeches, debates, and no other candidate could beat that. People would see Ron Paul and know that the military wants him as COMMANDER AND CHIEF. After all, that is what the president's job is.

samuel
08-14-2011, 03:27 PM
A lot of Republicans say "Support our troops."
I feel like a good reply would be "Support our troops? Support their candidate! Ron Paul has received more donations from members of the military than any other presidential candidate." I don't even think a petition is necessary, though it couldn't hurt.