PDA

View Full Version : "Ron Paul is Like Your Favorite Uncle..."

Theocrat
08-14-2011, 12:34 PM
This article comes from ThyBlackMan.com:

I fell in love with Ron Paul all over again the other night. Not that kind of love – relax. Love his candor and his straight to the point demeanor that he projects. Not knowing the man personally I can’t really speak too much to that. Aside from that he’s just not my type. However his appearance at the GOP Debate the other night was another hit right out of the park.compared to the inane mutterings and ramblings of the other “candidates” Ron Paul for the most part seemed to be one of very FEW adults in the room.

While the other candidates tried mightily to turn the debate into some kind of Texas Death Match. They spent far too much time attacking each other and using valuable air time to attack their favorite target, you know – the one in that big white house on Pennsylvania Avenue in DC.

Ron Paul’s answers were like generic food at the store bypassing all the fancy wrappers and extra ingredients - straight shooting as always. When he started talking about the fact that the United States had been engaged in war in the middle east since going back to 1953 with the installation of the Shah of Iran I was about 5 seconds from going online and sending a donation in to his campaign.

Read the rest here (http://thyblackman.com/2011/08/14/ron-paul-is-like-your-favorite-uncle/comment-page-1/).

LibertyEagle
08-14-2011, 12:41 PM
That's way cool, Theo. I'm a little bummed though about this statement of his:

He’s usually dead on when it comes to the issues as long as you don’t get him talking about the Gold Standard (which probably will not happen barring the Apocalypse).

Hopefully, he will understand this too, soon.

Aratus
08-14-2011, 04:35 PM
yes, LE, yes!

nobody's_hero
08-14-2011, 05:11 PM
LMAO at the first comment:

"Before fascism goes to sleep, it looks under the bed for Ron Paul." -- jsknow

I'm sooo using that.

harikaried
08-15-2011, 01:05 PM
Remember to keep treating people with respect, and they will continue to be open minded:
http://thyblackman.com/2011/08/15/ron-paul-libertarians-anti-politicians-etc/

While the majority of the responses have been positive, theres some negativity to be addressed (this is a two-parter). But before i can even do that let me just give a quick thanks to Mr. Paul and his supporters who have been much more well behaved than their counterparts with other party affiliations.