PDA

View Full Version : Defending Ron Paul on Yahoo Articles' Comments

IterTemporis
08-14-2011, 10:47 AM
Yahoo is a huge community and many people frequent that site for information and articles. Their most recent article: 'Perry, Bachmann galvanize Republicans in US race' has thousands of comments. If you browse through some of the comments section, you can see that many people are noticing how much the media tries to hide Ron Paul.

I was there for a couple of hours posting replies to people to try and set them straight on RP's beliefs and to defend him. There were many comments that I felt I had to share here..

I never thought I would say this but after checking out Ron Paul on Wikipedia and learning his views on government he has my full support and vote. He is a very inspired and experienced man with the talents, principles, and genius to save the United States.

I've been reading more about Dr. Paul. I could support him. Who knew? This above user in particular had been posting many incorrect comments about RP, such as that he is pro-abortion. I am happy that our efforts worked to bring him to our side.

i'm with you user.. i sent ron paul 75.00 last week..every little bit helps to get the message out.

I think I will vote for Ron Paul this time.

SO WILL I AND ALL THE RETIRED US MILITARY...! We are sick to 'death' literally-of all the FOREIGN INTEFERENCE..HOOAH!

I've never voted republican in my life, but I just sent Ron Paul $100.00 for his campaign. Why do we Americans always vote for the media's favorites? Paul is the only person out there who will stop those wars, bring our troops home, and get our country moving again.

Ron Paul is the only republican candidate I would vote for over Obama. I'm registered democrat so I can't vote in the republican primaries. Up to registered republicans to get him through that phase.

I find it VERY interesting that Paul was only 152 votes behind Bachman but she 'won a DECISIVE victory." Yeah, right and Romney and Perry were WAAAAY behind Paul but THEY get the lion's share of the coverage???? I'm beginning to believe the Paul supporters who claim that the "lamestream" media are ignoring Paul in the hopes that people will forget him if THEY don't mention him.

For the first time in my life (37yrs old) I contributed money to a political campaign...$20.12 to RON PAUL!!!

Faux, I'm inspired too. $50 for me.

Our voices can be heard even in the comments section.. If this is how I can help spread Ron Paul's message, then I think that I will do this more often..

Here is the url to the article, in case you wish to read it: hxxp://news.yahoo.com/bachmann-wins-early-republican-test-us-poll-012756473.html

wstrucke
08-14-2011, 10:50 AM
Ron Paul is the only republican candidate I would vote for over Obama. I'm registered democrat so I can't vote in the republican primaries. Up to registered republicans to get him through that phase.

I've heard that one before too -- your party affiliation only matters for the primaries. As it stands, there is ample time to switch to Republican in time to vote. I would advocate voting for whomever you agree with and not necessarily obeying what party you happened to follow in the past.

IterTemporis
08-14-2011, 11:06 AM
Yes, that is what I tried to do. However, he never replied back. Another user said almost the exact same thing.

I have also read many comments of people saying that he is unelectable, that he cant win, or that voting for him would be a wasted vote. If everyone who said this would actually vote for him, then I am sure that we would win.

IterTemporis
08-14-2011, 11:20 AM
I am also afraid of people like this:

I said a prayer and asked God to send us someone who would save America , I have watched as my children and grandchildren's future started slipping away , hopless to do much since I am so old. I saw there freedom being stole away!! God answered my prayer by sending Rick Perry!! He even said I have been called to do this! I see all the liberals are attacking him because they are afraid he will take away their power to finish their evil plan!! Give up !! God is on our side!! Rick Perry will save America!! Rick Perry will save our children's future!! God has spoken !!

I did not even know where to begin.. I fear that mis-informed Christians may fall into his trap, just as this commenter has.

VoluntaryAmerican
08-14-2011, 11:29 AM
I believe that doing this is very important, both on the internet and in your personal life. Representing liberty is a full time job.

OP gets my rep.

sailingaway
08-14-2011, 11:36 AM
Thank you for posting!

PC_for_Paul
08-14-2011, 11:56 AM
I would focus on people you can turn out for the primaries, I hate to tell you Yahoo message boards don't count. What are the percentage of posters on yahoo that will vote in primaries? if they are not voting primary players they don't count. Don't waste your time on a world that will never get it. Get people who will show up and vote when nobody else does. It is the only way.

Justinfrom1776
08-14-2011, 12:03 PM
I wish Mark Cuban would have never sold Yahoo.. Cuban is an outspoken Libertarian, this shit wouldn't fly if he were still in charge.

sailingaway
08-14-2011, 12:06 PM
I would focus on people you can turn out for the primaries, I hate to tell you Yahoo message boards don't count. What are the percentage of posters on yahoo that will vote in primaries? if they are not voting primary players they don't count. Don't waste your time on a world that will never get it. Get people who will show up and vote when nobody else does. It is the only way.

I disagree. People who vote in primaries care about politics and are more likely to read comments than others.

kah13176
08-14-2011, 12:08 PM
I love doing this. I always leave something like this (with modified talking points depending on the setting) on every article I can comment on:

I am registering Republican just to vote for Ron Paul as soon as I turn 18.

- Ron Paul was endorsed for president by Reagan in 1988. Reagan made special note to Paul's commitment to a strong national defense.

- Ron Paul was the only candidate at the previous debate to have served in the military. He volunteered for Vietnam while Mitt Romney obtained a draft deferment. Interestingly, Romney was a vehement supporter of the Vietnam debacle. Look it up!

- Ron Paul refuses to receive the benefits available to him as a Congressman, including healthcare and pensions.

- Ron Paul was spot-on about the economy, and predicted the housing bubble way back in 2003. Check it out for yourself:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLm7Sw402xE

IterTemporis
08-14-2011, 12:11 PM
I disagree. People who vote in primaries care about politics and are more likely to read comments than others.

I agree. I do see his point, but, in my case, the only reason I click on these articles is because I am interested in learning more. Prior to this, I wouldn't even bother to click on these articles.

YumYum
08-14-2011, 12:11 PM
Yes, that is what I tried to do. However, he never replied back. Another user said almost the exact same thing.

I have also read many comments of people saying that he is unelectable, that he cant win, or that voting for him would be a wasted vote. If everyone who said this would actually vote for him, then I am sure that we would win.

Abraham Lincoln was at one time "unelectable". And in response to the person who prayed to God to send someone who would save America, and believes that God sent Rick Perry, my question is: "I thought God sent Michelle Bachmann?"

IterTemporis
08-14-2011, 12:14 PM
-Ron Paul was the only candidate at the previous debate to have served in the military. He volunteered for Vietnam while Mitt Romney obtained a draft deferment. Interestingly, Romney was a vehement supporter of the Vietnam debacle. Look it up!

-Ron Paul refuses to receive the benefits available to him as a Congressman, including healthcare and pensions.

I had no knowledge of this... I did not think that it was possible for me to respect RP anymore than I do now, but lo and behold.. I was incorrect. Thank you, I think that others should read that as well.

PC_for_Paul
08-14-2011, 12:15 PM
Abraham Lincoln ended up supporting the status quo, and ended states rights. How is it a union of force again? Sorry not an AL fan, or a fan of absolute power either.

IterTemporis
08-14-2011, 12:53 PM
Another article to defend Ron Paul on: hxxp://news.yahoo.com/ex-minn-gov-tim-pawlenty-ends-white-house-124623539.html

It is about Pawlenty, but of course RP supporters are there posting away (:.

IterTemporis
08-14-2011, 01:02 PM
With Pawlenty out, now I am voting for Ron Paul.

Wow, so we got one of Pawlenty's voters to come to us.

Zevyn
08-14-2011, 01:10 PM
I read all of the article comments there and it's a good sign. Yahoo! is not quite a haven for liberals or conservatives. It's a neutral ground for the most part. Sorting comments by popularity tends to shoot favorable Ron Paul comments to the top. I've never seen an anti-Paul comment with more thumbs up than down.

IterTemporis
08-14-2011, 01:25 PM
Can anyone offer some insight into this comment? Is it true?

To all of you thinking Ron Paul is the answer please read this before you vote for him.

"Opinion polls consistently show that only about 5 percent of blacks have sensible political opinions, i.e. support the free market, individual liberty and the end of welfare and affirmative action," Paul wrote.

Paul continued that politically sensible blacks are outnumbered "as decent people." Citing reports that 85 percent of all black men in the District of Columbia are arrested, Paul wrote: "Given the inefficiencies of what D.C. laughingly calls the `criminal justice system,' I think we can safely assume that 95 percent of the black males in that city are semi-criminal or entirely criminal," Paul said.

Paul also wrote that although "we are constantly told that it is evil to be afraid of black men, it is hardly irrational. Black men commit murders, rapes, robberies, muggings and burglaries all out of proportion to their numbers."

He added, "We don't think a child of 13 should be held responsible as a man of 23. That's true for most people, but black males age 13 who have been raised on the streets and who have joined criminal gangs are as big, strong, tough, scary and culpable as any adult and should be treated as such."

The same article quoted Paul as having this to say with regards to the Zionist lobby:

Stating that lobbying groups who seek special favors and handouts are evil, Paul wrote, "By far the most powerful lobby in Washington of the bad sort is the Israeli government" and that the goal of the Zionist movement is to stifle criticism.

"Given the inefficiencies of what D.C. laughingly calls the `criminal justice system,' I think we can safely assume that 95 percent of the black males in that city are semi-criminal or entirely criminal"- Ron Paul

"If you have ever been robbed by a black teen-aged male, you know how unbelievably fleet-footed they can be." - Ron Paul, 1992

"We don't think a child of 13 should be held responsible as a man of 23. That's true for most people, but black males age 13 who have been raised on the streets and who have joined criminal gangs are as big, strong, tough, scary and culpable as any adult and should be treated as such." - Ron Paul, 1992

"What else do we need to know about the political establishment than that it refuses to discuss the crimes that terrify Americans on grounds that doing so is racist? Why isn't that true of complex embezzling, which is 100 percent white and Asian?" - Ron Paul, 1992
Racist Newsletter

Since 1985, Ron Paul has published a newsletter, first called the Ron Paul Political Report (and since renamed the Ron Paul Survival Report.)

In 1992, the newsletter published a bunch of inflammatory comments on racial subjects, listed in the Quotes section of this page. Pretty raw stuff.

In 2001, as Paul moved to the mainstream and rejoined the Republican party, he disavowed these comments and blamed them on an unnamed ghostwriter. But when Paul ran for Congress in 1996, as a Libertarian, his opponent brought these up to show that Paul had fringe ideas. At that time, Paul told the Houston Chronicle that he opposed racism and his commentaries about blacks came in the context of "current events and statistical reports of the time." In other words, he didn't deny writing the Ron Paul column in the Ron Paul newsletter, profits of which go to Ron Paul, until many years later. Then he claimed that his campaign aides thought it would be "too confusing" to tell the truth, so he had to lie and accept responsibility.

YumYum
08-14-2011, 02:36 PM

No, it isn't true.

gosmo
08-14-2011, 02:39 PM

http://reason.com/archives/2008/01/16/who-wrote-ron-pauls-newsletter

kah13176
08-14-2011, 02:40 PM

Aw fuck, the newsletter shit again. No. Not true. He did not write it. It was ghost-written under his name.

libertybrewcity
08-14-2011, 02:44 PM
i sometimes read the title of the article, skip the article, and then shoot right down to comments.

IterTemporis
08-14-2011, 02:50 PM
http://reason.com/archives/2008/01/16/who-wrote-ron-pauls-newsletter

Thank you. Now I have the proof that I need in order to fight the people who continue to post this and claim it as being true.

kah13176
08-14-2011, 02:59 PM
i sometimes read the title of the article, skip the article, and then shoot right down to comments.

Same here.

IterTemporis
08-14-2011, 03:07 PM
Has anyone else seen the poll on the right hand side of the page? RP is winning at 30%, whilst Romney is at 20% and Bachmann at 18%.

hxxp://news.yahoo.com/ex-minn-gov-tim-pawlenty-ends-white-house-124623539.html

Narmical
08-14-2011, 03:18 PM
I don't know if Ron Paul actual said those things, but some of the sentiments are supported by facts.

It's a fact that Blacks as a group commit more crime, particularly violent crime than other race groups. Men also commit more crime, particularly violent crime then women. Don't take my word for it, watch this lecture on a report about the statistical analysis of crime data as it relates to race.
http://www.c-spanarchives.org/program/ID/128178