PDA

View Full Version : SAVE ACT: Ron Paul should sign! NOW!

Lord Xar
11-02-2007, 01:55 PM
RON NEEDS THESE SORTS OF PROMOTIONS: Does he understand this is sent out to Hundreds of Thousands of People!!!!!!

Ron Paul believes in Enforcement etc... SO he needs someone on his staff to let him know when important legislation comes up so he can get on board. Does he realize the importance of illegal immigration to the average voter. It is huge. More people want more enforcement than they do for ending the war. 80/70 percent respectively. So it would behoove Ron Paul to sign things that he preaches. I know he believes in it, but he should also sign these things when they "come out"!

The SAVE Act by Rep. Heath Shuler (D-N.C.) has gotten another big boost with the co-sponsorship of Rep. Tom Tancredo (R-Colo.), the top congressional leader of the fight against illegal immigration for the last decade.

Tancredo is one of a growing number of Republicans who are putting Principle Over Party Partisanship in backing the Enforcement-Only bill that started with a few dozen Democrats.

Another new co-sponsor is Rep. Pete Sessions (R-Texas) who was thrown by re-districting into a head-to-head election with Rep. Martin Frost (D-Texas) earlier. Sessions defeated Frost, who was one of the House Democrats' top Party leaders, in part because Frost insisted on an Amnesty and Rewards First approach to illegal immigration, while Sessions has been one of our most steadfast allies in pushing illegal aliens to go home.

Scores of Democrats and Republicans are setting aside partisan bickering on this one issue to try to actually solve a problem that is plaguing much of America.

Read about it here: http://www.numbersusa.com/interests/attrition.html

Man from La Mancha
11-02-2007, 01:58 PM
Well it better follow the US Constitution or he won't. Have you seen anything unconstitutional in it? I suppose even if it requires money, this is one of the few things the US government can spend on to protect our borders.

LibertyEagle
11-02-2007, 02:02 PM
I agree, Lord Xar. He has been missing a lot of these opportunities. The people's names you keep seeing are Tancredo and Hunter on these bills. Hardly ever Paul. Even the things against the NAU.

Lord Xar
11-02-2007, 02:06 PM
I agree, Lord Xar. He has been missing a lot of these opportunities. The people's names you keep seeing are Tancredo and Hunter on these bills. Hardly ever Paul. Even the things against the NAU.

Yes. He was the first to come against the NAU, yet he sorta lets these sorts of bills go by the wayside. He or his handlers do NOT understand that everyday americans have NO idea that Ron Paul stands against the NAU or Illegal immigration so he needs to sign on IMMEDIATLEY do these things. I find this a huge issue with his handlers and a lot of missed opportunities for exposure.

See, Tancredo is smart about this. He is abreast of these things and gets his name out there. Ron's handlers need him to get on these things...

cjhowe
11-02-2007, 02:16 PM
Would you please keep your federal agents out of my intrastate business?

inibo
11-02-2007, 02:44 PM
http://thomas.loc.gov

1000 Bills from the 110th Congress ranked by relevance on "Secure+America+through+Verification+and+Enforcemen t ".
0 bills containing your phrase exactly as entered.
0 bills containing all your search words near each other in any order.
133 bills containing all your search words but not near each other.
867 bills containing one or more of your search words.

How about this, if http://www.numbersusa.com/interests/attrition.html actually had a link to the legislation so that I could read it, then I might be inclined to support it. I've heard too many people claim that such and such law would be duck soup and the oil would pay for it, only to find out it did exactly the opposite of what was claimed. If find it disingenuous that some would would be touting this but not making it easy to research.

Can I have a link or a bill number, please?

Pauliana
11-02-2007, 02:58 PM
Hasn't even been introduced yet.

Lord Xar
11-02-2007, 03:00 PM
Hasn't even been introduced yet.

right.. the number of signatures determine if "its get to the floor".

This is STILL very important. As it shows commitement.

The LOST bill made it to the floor, and that was a "shit on US Sovereignty Bill"..

I still think this is pertinent as it shows Ron's willingness to get on board with bills/messages that match what he is preaching.

cjhowe
11-02-2007, 04:53 PM
right.. the number of signatures determine if "its get to the floor".

This is STILL very important. As it shows commitement.

The LOST bill made it to the floor, and that was a "shit on US Sovereignty Bill"..

I still think this is pertinent as it shows Ron's willingness to get on board with bills/messages that match what he is preaching.

That's somewhat incorrect. Bills make it to the floor based upon the recommendations of the committees the bill is referred to. With more signatures, there's a bit more pressure to move a bill through committee.