PDA

View Full Version : Neocon Allen West slams Ron Paul

COpatriot
08-14-2011, 10:12 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4g2nn_TqeSE&feature=player_embedded

johnrocks
08-14-2011, 10:16 AM
Allen West is an embarrassment to anyone remotely attached to the Tea Party/fiscal conservative section of society. Here's hoping he's a one termer.

libertyfanatic
08-14-2011, 10:33 AM
The establishment is terrified of Ron

nobody's_hero
08-14-2011, 10:37 AM
If we're an arrogant nation, they'll resent us; if we're a humble nation, but strong, they'll welcome us. And our nation stands alone right now in the world in terms of power, and that's why we've got to be humble, and yet project strength in a way that promotes freedom.

Anyone care to guess who the author of that quote is?

(it drives home how much our foreign policy has changed in 11 years)

Brown Sapper
08-14-2011, 10:39 AM
Why should I respect the opinions of someone that thinks a flat-top is a good idea.

HOLLYWOOD
08-14-2011, 10:39 AM
Presenting your NEOCON WARHAWK and Phony Tea Party candidate/representative from south Florida's Liberal 22nd congressional district, lt. Lt. Colonel Allen West. How Congress works with control.(Don't forget Allen West's pistol whipping incident in Iraq.)
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?298547-Colonel-Rep-Allen-West-%28R-FL%29-Congressional-Representation-or-Repression-How-It-All-Works&p=3341434&viewfull=1#post3341434

Lt. Col. West fined $5,000 evades Court Martial

http://www.wnd.com/?pageId=22287

WND Exclusive OPERATION: IRAQI FREEDOM
Lt. Col. West fined $5,000
Avoids court martial for using shock tactics
Posted: December 12, 2003
3:43 pm Eastern

By Art Moore

An officer in Iraq who used shock interrogation tactics to thwart an impending attack on American soldiers was punished with forfeiture of two month's pay, according to his lawyer.

Previously faced with the possibility of a court martial, Lt. Col. Allen B. West accepted Article 15 non-judicial punishment from the commanding general of the 4th Infantry Division at a hearing today in Tikrit, Iraq, said Neal A. Puckett, a retired Marine officer.

Puckett said the loss of pay amounts to $5,000.
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSGougHqjcl69UqWR5wYxrDF-dDbCg2LjPFu0O1JWOxufA5h8c-TQ

Brian4Liberty
08-14-2011, 10:41 AM
We need a Primary candidate. Soon.

Sola_Fide
08-14-2011, 10:44 AM
What a failure...

COpatriot
08-14-2011, 10:49 AM

And if I lived in that district and we couldn't primary him out, I might even just say "fuck it" and vote for the Democrat. This guy is that bad.

angelatc
08-14-2011, 10:51 AM
I hope the TEA Party stays ticked off at him.

Seraphim
08-14-2011, 11:12 AM
Bush Jr.

Total reversal once he got to office.

AGRP
08-14-2011, 11:15 AM
Everyone wants a shot at the frontrunner.

TRIGRHAPPY
08-14-2011, 11:34 AM
Can't wait to donate to his primary opponent in 2012.

Lucille
08-14-2011, 11:37 AM

From the horses mouth:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9SOVzMV2bc

Libertea Party
08-14-2011, 11:47 AM
He's just another neocon posing as a Small Government guy. When they run it's small government this small government that. When they win it's big government here and big government abroad:

Darrell Issa, Allen West Vote To KEEP Pigford Funds - Big Government (http://biggovernment.com/lstranahan/2011/06/16/darrell-issa-allen-west-vote-to-keep-pigford-funds/)

Tea Party" Congressman Allen West Votes AGAINST $100M GOP ObamaCare Cut (http://www.humblelibertarian.com/2011/05/tea-party-congressman-allen-west-votes.html)

Allen West Blasts Tea Party 'Schizophrenia' Over Debt Ceiling (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/07/29/allen-west-tea-party-schizophrenia-debt_n_913283.html)

That's just a quick sample.

lucky_bg
08-14-2011, 11:50 AM

+rep

Let's make him an example.

RileyE104
08-14-2011, 11:55 AM
All I heard was a man blabbing about what's going on in OTHER countries that are far, far from our shores. AKA, fear-mongering.

Nate
08-14-2011, 11:57 AM
+rep

Let's make him an example.

+1
I concur. What's the pro-liberty scene like down there in his district, anybody there who could take him out in the primary?

Eleventh Star
08-14-2011, 12:03 PM
From the horses mouth:

GWB sounds soooo much like Rand in this clip. Smooth, composed, and conciliatory. Shades of the interview with Rand and Hannity just a few hours ago.

TJMadison
08-14-2011, 12:06 PM
I've been a member of the GOP since the day I turned 18 and registered to vote Republican in 1972. I supporter Reagan's second candidacy for the GOP nomination in 1976 and have been an activist for the principles of conservatism since Reagan announced his third candidacy for president in 1979. I served a career in the US Marine Corps.

I've been involved in politics and the US military long enough to spot a manipulative opportunist when I see one. As a resident of California's 50th Congressional District, I campaigned for Randy "Duke" Cunningham's election to Congress (1991-2005).

Cunningham, like West, was a career military officer and war veteran. Like West, Cunningham portrayed himself to be a Christian and a conservative Republican. Cunningham is currently serving a sentence of eight years and four months in federal prison for conspiracy to commit bribery, mail fraud, wire fraud and tax evasion.

West should be serving time in a military prison for criminal acts in Iraq. Lieutenant Colonel West was forced to resign his commission as a US Army officer in disgrace after receiving a general officer grade Article 15 for violating articles 128 and 134 of the Uniform Code of Military Justice in lieu of facing a court-martial and prison sentence for criminal actions in Iraq.

Lieutenant Colonel West attempted to conceal his criminal acts by failing to report his actions to his commanding officer and instructing soldiers that participated in West's criminal acts "to keep this incident to ourselves".

West's actions in interrogating Yahya Jhodri Hamoodi, an Iraqi police officer in August 2003, violated articles 128 and 134 of the Uniform Code of Military Justice which forbade West from communicating a threat to kill Hamoodi while allowing soldiers under his command to assault Hamoodi while an interrogator threatened Hamoodi with a knife.

The army initially moved forward with a criminal prosecution of West, until a hearing officer covered West's ass by dismissing the case and fining him $5,000.

Major General Raymond Odierno, the 4th Infantry's top general in Tikrit should have ordered a court martial. If West were found guilty at a court martial of the two articles against him, he would have faced 11 years in prison.

In his book, Oath Betrayed: Torture, Medical Complicity, and the War on Terror", Steven Miles correctly noted that:

Lieutenant Colonel West was never trained to interrogate. He had never even witnessed an interrogation. In August 2003, an Iraqi informant said that Mr. Yehiya Hamoodi, a Shiite police officer working with West’s unit, was plotting to ambush West and some of his soldiers. At that time, many Iraqis were giving false tips to the U.S. Army to curry favor or to use the Army to settle their personal gripes. As a military intelligence training slide show used in Iraq at that time put it:

Personal vendettas against different ethnic groups have caused an influx of bogus reporting from interrogators. . . .

Recommendation: Tactical patience is critical when taking action to detain host nation personnel during Stability and Support Operation. It is more of an Art than a Science, and usually learned after the unit makes mistakes.

There was, in fact, no threat to West's unit. Hamoodi had no information to offer because he had no knowledge of a planned attack.

West is an ignorant and irresponsible idiot that was played by a group that knows how to use the US military to their advantage.

In his written statement included in the US Army Criminal Investigation Command, CID Report, West stated,"The night of this action I informed Col. --- of what I had personally done in firing my weapon." In an attempt to cover his ass with regard to remarks he had made to his command staff, West admitted that he had "embellished" his remarks regarding the interrogation of Hamoodi.

West did not inform his CO that Hamoodi had been physically assaulted and threatened with a knife. West did not tell his CO that he had personally communicated a threat to kill Hamoodi on two occasions. West did not informl his CO that he had Hamoodi's head forced into a clearing barrel and that he had fired his weapon twice, once into the air and once near Hamoodi's head.

In their written statements, two soldiers involved in the assault stated that West told them that the incident was to be "kept between themselves." This was a clear attempt by LTC West to conceal the incident.

After the interrogation, West stated that he woke up his CO to recount what had occurred. West's CO testified that he did not remember Colonel West offering any specifics, beyond saying that he had discharged his weapon during an interrogation and that no one was hurt.

Indeed, it is possible that the abusive interrogation might never have come to light if a sergeant in another battalion had not subsequently written a letter of complaint about the ''command climate'' under Colonel West's superior officer. In that letter, the sergeant mentioned almost as an aside, according to Mr. Puckett, that Colonel West had interrogated a detainee using a pistol. An investigation was set in motion."

The following statements are actual excerpts from the US Army's Criminal Investigation Report on the incident:

Excerpt 1: PFC ---, a soldier involved in the assault on Hamoodi, was asked the following question and made the following statement:

Q: After the incident, did LTC West tell you not to tell anyone about the incident?

A: Yes, after he [West] was finished talking to [the CO] we headed back to our living quarters. He then told us to keep this incident to ourselves and to people we trust. (CID Report: Page 22).

Excerpt 2: SPC ---, another soldier involved in the assault, made the following statement:

"LT. COL. West said that this night stays with 2-20 and 2-20 only. We all gave a Hooah and continued to walk to our rooms." (CID report: Page 48 - See 4 of 11).

Here are two of West's statements from the CID Report. Note that in excerpt 1, West states that he informed his CO that he had fired his weapon. This was the extent of his report of the incident to his CO. In excerpt 2, West admits to embellishing his report:

Excerpt 1: LTC West: "The night of this action I informed Col. --- of what I had personally done firing my weapon."

Excerpt 2: LTC West: "The following day at my battalion update brief, I informed my Battery Commanders, 1SGs, and staff of my actions. This was not to boast but rather personally accepting responsibility and to not attempt to conceal my actions. I did embellish some points for emphasis". (CID Report: Page 10).

All of the soldiers involved in the incident were charged with violating the UCMJ. Three of the soldiers received a reduction in rank. This is not the result of responsible leadership. This is the act of a reckless and irresponsible idiot. I do not support Allen West for president. The full CID Report on the incident can be read here:

US Army Criminal Investigative Command - CID Report of Investigation http://www.aclu.org/torturefoia/released/105_167.pdf

THE STRUGGLE FOR IRAQ: INTERROGATIONS; How Colonel Risked His Career By Menacing Detainee and Lost
By DEBORAH SONTAG; Ian Fisher contributed reporting from Baghdad for this article
Published: May 27, 2004
http://www.nytimes.com/2004/05/27/world/struggle-for-iraq-interrogations-colonel-risked-his-career-menacing-detainee.html?pagewanted=all

lucky_bg
08-14-2011, 12:19 PM
If there is someone from his district, it would be good if that person would make FB page where people could pledge to support primary challenger to West.

COpatriot
08-14-2011, 12:27 PM
From the horses mouth:

Wow. Just....wow.

surf
08-14-2011, 12:27 PM
thank you TJMadison
+ rep

qh4dotcom
08-14-2011, 12:33 PM
Lets see...candidate Allen West would ask Obama what passport he used to travel to Pakistan...now that he's in washington and gets to see Obama face to face why doesn't Congressman West have the cojones to ask that question to Obama face to face?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVFdgY8BIvU

moderate libertarian
08-14-2011, 12:51 PM
It is amazing that a scumbag like this could be elected to Congress.

stefank
08-14-2011, 02:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FxL242-z6I
theres also his campaign ad "there's a difference in philosophy between my opponent and me he trusts government i trust you" "we should help people live there lives not run them"

nobody's_hero
08-14-2011, 03:46 PM
Bush Jr.

Total reversal once he got to office.

Yep.

What's funny to me is that if you told that quote to a neocon without mentioning the author, and asked them if they would vote for that person, they'd tell you "NO". Then they'd go right into how we need leaders like Bush, lol.

Voters have short attention spans.

White Bear Lake
08-14-2011, 04:00 PM
West's district is about to get shattered in redistricting. Florida just passed a "fair redistricting amendment" to their constitution so gerrymandering is not allowed. Because it's almost impossible to make a GOP leaning seat where West is without some ugly gerrymandering, West looks like he's going to be left without a good place to run. Look for him to announce a Senate run after the Florida maps are released.

Agorism
08-14-2011, 04:01 PM
Max Blumenthal in his newest interview talked about new congressman with the intelligence of a toaster oven coming in and being influenced.

Allen West was one of the people I though of when he said that.

ronpaulfollower999
08-14-2011, 04:01 PM
And if I lived in that district and we couldn't primary him out, I might even just say "fuck it" and vote for the Democrat. This guy is that bad.

I live in the district and the democrats running aren't really any better. They did say they wouldn't support the debt plan that was passed though.

FreedomProsperityPeace
08-14-2011, 04:02 PM
He doesn't even have the guts to use Ron Paul's name when asked directly.

Standing Liberty
08-14-2011, 04:12 PM
As a veteran, I find it disturbing he wears an Airborne lapel pin all the time. Once your retired, get over yourself please. I'm not impressed.
How this "fresh prince of bel air" hairdo neo-con got lumped into the tea party is beyond me.

samforpaul
08-14-2011, 04:29 PM
From the horses mouth:

All I'm getting is music when I play video.

nobody's_hero
08-14-2011, 04:54 PM
All I'm getting is music when I play video.

That same youtube user has another version with just Bush talking. I found this video to be useful in convincing people that a non-interventionist foreign policy isn't far-fetched from the republican platform.

Napoleon's Shadow
08-15-2011, 11:25 AM
Look up Allen West's sweet deal with the Ft Lauderdale Airport. It's very telling about his character.

HOLLYWOOD
08-16-2011, 08:38 AM
Ego of this guy is incredible, than again, puppets do as they are told.

The Hill reports: http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/senate-races/176997-allen-west-considering-us-senate-run

Allen West considering Senate run

By Cameron Joseph - 08/16/11 09:01 AM ET

Rep. Allen West (R-Fla.) is considering a run against Sen. Bill Nelson (D-Fla.).

According to (http://weblogs.sun-sentinel.com/news/politics/broward/blog/2011/08/congressman_allen_west_conside.html) the South Florida Sun-Sentinel, West said Monday that he has "cracked" the door open to a possible bid.

"I cracked it open enough so that people can slip a note under the door and I can read the note and I can write back on the note 'probably not' and send it back out under the door," West said before he spoke to a Palm Beach County Tea Party gathering. "There are people here in the state of Florida that see me as a political entity and they are very trustworthy within the Republican Party structure. I should sit down and talk to them. ... But I don't think people are really going to be able to move me."West had earlier said he definitely not pursue the seat, but the GOP field thus far has failed to excite Republicans.

A recent poll of GOP voters by Quinnipiac University showed a large majority of Republicans had yet to align behind a candidate, with the purported front-runners, former Sen. George LeMieux (R-Fla.) and former Florida House Majority Leader Adam Hasner, trailing largely unknown candidates like former Army Col. Mike McCalister and former Ruth's Chris Steakhouse CEO Craig Miller.

Hasner and LeMieux both have records that are not ardently conservative, leaving an opening for a strong right-wing candidate like West to jump in the race.

The Palm Beach congressman raised $1.5 million in the last three months for his reelection to the House, more than any of the Senate candidates raised for a statewide race.
He also may have a tough time winning reelection to the House, depending on how redistricting plays out in the state. His current swing district was gerrymandered to be as Republican as the area's demographics allowed, but Florida's new redistricting laws require lawmakers not to take in partisanship when drawing the new lines. The state is also adding two new House seats for the next election, meaning all districts will have to shrink and it will be difficult to connect the two most heavily Republican parts of his district in a new map.

West will likely have to run for a more Democratic seat than the one he now holds. His current district gave President Obama 52 percent of the vote in 2008. If he stays in the House race, he will face a well-funded challenger: Both West Palm Beach Mayor Lois Frankel (D) and businessman Patrick Murphy (D) raised more than $400,000 in the last three months.

This may make a Senate bid more attractive -- if West calculates a run for higher office will be easier he may make the move.