PDA

View Full Version : On FOX: Michelle Bachmann has a strong message, Ron Paul has a cult of personality

Harald
08-14-2011, 09:13 AM
Some republican consultant Tony Sayegn on Fox now.
Democrat say three way race, Michelle, Romney, Perry.

No other mentions of Ron paul

PaulConventionWV
08-14-2011, 09:40 AM
Some republican consultant Tony Sayegn on Fox now.
Democrat say three way race, Michelle, Romney, Perry.

No other mentions of Ron paul

They've got it backwards. Michele doesn't even say anything of substance.

By the way, it's MICHELE, not MICHELLE!

TheDriver
08-14-2011, 09:41 AM
Bachmann does have a condensed, clear message. To understand Ron Paul, you have to do some serious researching.

hueylong
08-14-2011, 09:47 AM
This is probably our best scenario. With Bachmann, Perry and Romney duking it out -- we can go about the business of winning delegates, state by state.

justatrey
08-14-2011, 09:48 AM
Ultimately I think it will be down to Paul, Romney, and Perry with the media doing everything they can to pretend that Ron doesn't exist.

Fredom101
08-14-2011, 10:16 AM
They've got it backwards. Michele doesn't even say anything of substance.

By the way, it's MICHELE, not MICHELLE!

Exactly. Bachman has the cult, Paul has the superior ideas.

nobody's_hero
08-14-2011, 10:23 AM
Ron Paul is the only one who gives rationales for his answers. It isn't enough to just take a stance.

If you don't know why you stand for what you stand for, it's only a matter of time before you start flip-flopping for votes.

sailingaway
08-14-2011, 10:24 AM
Honestly, it makes me want to go out and buy incense and start chanting or something.

I feel like I'm just not doing my part....

LibertyEagle
08-14-2011, 10:26 AM
This is probably our best scenario. With Bachmann, Perry and Romney duking it out -- we can go about the business of winning delegates, state by state.

BINGO. It's all about delegates. Nothing else really matters.

sailingaway
08-14-2011, 10:27 AM
Bachmann does have a condensed, clear message. To understand Ron Paul, you have to do some serious researching.

Yeah, she presents a soundbite of Ron's message better than Ron does (except when she outright steals lines verbatim), but doesn't even understand it. I think she thinks she's sorta sincere but doesn't have a clue how her new borrowed economic policy crashes into her foreign policy/police state policy.

I would love it if Ron would do some soundbite prep just on the top 10 issues he's attacked on, some disposable one liner he can toss out BEFORE he waxes philosophical....

acptulsa
08-14-2011, 10:28 AM
Well, in all fairness, Bachmann is doing a brilliant thing. She's spinning her term in the IRS as a positive by claiming this gives her an inside view of how the tax code kills jobs. Of course, anyone can see this without actually being part of the problem. And this is a message we have to get out.

In all unfairness, on the other hand, I love how Faux still considers Santorum a 'top tier candidate', yet still refuses to mention Paul without rolling their eyes. The other side of this coin is, at least they do take a moment to roll those eyes. So, we have a new He Who Must Not Be Named. I'm speaking, of course, of the most decisive factor in yesterday's poll--Randy Travis...

sailingaway
08-14-2011, 10:31 AM
Exactly. Bachman has the cult, Paul has the superior ideas.

I don't actually think Michele's cult is that strongly attached to her. I think they are infatuated with the idea of her, but that it can dissipate big time if/when she disappoints. Compare that to Palin's folks who value her as a unique person more the way we value Ron, although I think it is more of a personal connection in that case, than policy. (By which I mean if she thought through and changed policy on something even something big, I think they'd still be with her, without missing a step.)

Ron is solid. He has his flaws (primarily in delivery) but you know what you get and it is a coherent and integrated philosophy applied with aggressive consistency.

rich34
08-14-2011, 10:38 AM
Bachmann sounds like a 13 year old cheerleader, repeating sound bites she's heard from Ron Paul. But from the supporters I know of her they all believe they are her own and I'm like, ARE YOU FREAKIN SERIOUS??

sailingaway
08-14-2011, 10:41 AM
Bachmann sounds like a 13 year old cheerleader, repeating sound bites she's heard from Ron Paul. But from the supporters I know of her they all believe they are her own and I'm like, ARE YOU FREAKIN SERIOUS??

sigh... yeah....

I saw on an LDS page a celebration of the straw poll as the best two candidates at the top, with the statement that Michele is just like a younger Ron Paul.........

It was like missing a step going down the stairs.

Anti Federalist
08-14-2011, 10:41 AM
Meh.

Estrogen is the new black.

Paulatized
08-14-2011, 10:50 AM
sigh... yeah....

I saw on an LDS page a celebration of the straw poll as the best two candidates at the top, with the statement that Michele is just like a younger Ron Paul.........

It was like missing a step going down the stairs.

That's good that they think like that. I hope she hangs in long enough for it to be just her and Paul for the tea-party votes to be split between the two of them and then when she drops out her voters will come our way. And with the establishment vote split between Romney and Perry we will be looking good.

Aratus
08-14-2011, 04:45 PM
one L or two? oftentimes i have to correct my quaint spellling and some of my edits bespeek a semi-literacy.
we have to name game be careful because it might look like mrs. obama is about to great debate her mister!

evilfunnystuff
08-14-2011, 08:59 PM
I would love it if Ron would do some soundbite prep just on the top 10 issues he's attacked on, some disposable one liner he can toss out BEFORE he waxes philosophical....

I might steal that for my sig.

Feeding the Abscess
08-14-2011, 09:14 PM
Meh.

Estrogen is the new black.

I am nearly convinced that middle aged and older men support Sarah Palin and Michele Bachmann under the deluded belief that if they support them, maybe... just maybe... they'll sleep with them.

dusman
08-14-2011, 09:20 PM
I don't actually think Michele's cult is that strongly attached to her. I think they are infatuated with the idea of her, but that it can dissipate big time if/when she disappoints. Compare that to Palin's folks who value her as a unique person more the way we value Ron, although I think it is more of a personal connection in that case, than policy. (By which I mean if she thought through and changed policy on something even something big, I think they'd still be with her, without missing a step.)

Ron is solid. He has his flaws (primarily in delivery) but you know what you get and it is a coherent and integrated philosophy applied with aggressive consistency.

Seriously, I'm actually kind of disgusted with a lot of Bachmann's support. Just look around. Seriously half of her support are middle-aged men with hard-ons for Bachmann. I'll usually point out.. oh yeah, the new is always exciting. Just imagine if she was YOUR wife, running for President? How would you feel then? Most of these type that fit in this mold obviously aren't too excited about that idea.

Ultimately, the fact she had to come out and literally beg for votes is just another indicator, she is just riding on her short-term popularity.