PDA

View Full Version : These people are vile. Perry advisor reaction to Paul's finish. UGH

llepard
08-14-2011, 07:14 AM
But the close second place finish by Paul -- the Texas congressman finished the day with a very impressive tally of 4,671 votes -- also showed the power of the Libertarian-leaning philosophy that he espouses.

Former George W. Bush advisor Matt Dowd said the results show that the field is wide open in Iowa and elsewhere, especially since Ron Paul -- "a pro-drug, apologize-to-Iran guy who could never win the nomination" -- finished such a strong second.

"Nobody is in that strong a position, and Paul can't win. So people are going to have hungry ears to listen to Perry," said Dowd, who was Bush's pollster and a top advisor in the 2000 and 2004 campaigns.

steph3n
08-14-2011, 07:17 AM
They are trying the oft repeated makes it true means......"he can't win, he can't win, he can't win' Bush was very big on this form of communications in TX and nationally.

Aliangel
We'll see about that Dowd, but I'm betting that the american people see thru your Neocon Israeli first agenda and won't be fooled again.

Kords21
If the GOP and their media outlets keep messing around with Ron Paul and pass up a golden opportunity to go down in the history books as "The party that saved the country" by putting Paul into office. He'll run third party and either way keep them from winning, either Paul brings in enough from both sides and independents and wins or takes enouhg of the republican vote and Obama wins. You would think at this point the Republicans would be in a "Just get Obama out of office" mode, but their greed and lust for power threatens to take this country down for generations.

llepard
08-14-2011, 07:20 AM
if the gop and their media outlets keep messing around with ron paul and pass up a golden opportunity to go down in the history books as "the party that saved the country" by putting paul into office. He'll run third party and either way keep them from winning, either paul brings in enough from both sides and independents and wins or takes enouhg of the republican vote and obama wins. You would think at this point the republicans would be in a "just get obama out of office" mode, but their greed and lust for power threatens to take this country down for generations.

word! 1000+

Warrior_of_Freedom
08-14-2011, 07:21 AM
word! 1000+

+9999

gjdavis60
08-14-2011, 07:23 AM
There may come a tipping point, as some have argued, where the media will begin to give the campaign fair coverage. Some said a top 3 finish at Ames would legitimize the campaign. I say, nonsense! These people are going to marginalize and sabotage Ron all the way to the White House if they have to. Not trying to be negative, just warning everyone not to be disappointed if the media never come around. After all, they are an integral and complicit party to the corporatist duopoly and they will not give up that power willingly.

VBRonPaulFan
08-14-2011, 07:26 AM
There may come a tipping point, as some have argued, where the media will begin to give the campaign fair coverage. Some said a top 3 finish at Ames would legitimize the campaign. I say, nonsense! These people are going to marginalize and sabotage Ron all the way to the White House if they have to. Not trying to be negative, just warning everyone not to be disappointed if the media never come around. After all, they are an integral and complicit party to the corporatist duopoly and they will not give up that power willingly.

Yeah, I agree... I would go one step further to say they probably won't come around at all because they have too much money to lose by getting a non-corporatist shill in the White House. Fox *might* come around and defend him if he gets the nomination only because they're a cheerleader for people with R's next to their name. I wonder if Perry would run independent though if Paul gets the nomination. You guys speak about Paul doing that if he doesn't get the nod, I wonder what could happen if it were the other way around... then they could split Paul's vote.

Kords21
08-14-2011, 07:33 AM
I'm no political expert or anything of that nature, but I don't think Perry/Trump running third party would work the way Paul running as an independent would. Ron's Ace up his sleeve is his ability to pull democrats, independents and republicans to vote for him. I highly doubt any democrat would vote for Perry given his modern day stances, in the 80's maybe. I think societywise we're getting to a point where people aren't so wedded to a particular party. Both parties are being blamed for our troubles and their constant squabbling is not going unnotcied. As the economic situation gets worse, as the wars just go on pointlessly, I beleive you're going to see Ron Paul's idea really take off the media be damned. The internet is quickly replacing them anyway. Weather or not the media ever actually gets back to doing real journalism and being the propaganda mouthpieces for which ever party, really doesn't matter once the ideas of liberty and freedom take root.

If Perry or Trump or whover wanted to run as an independent to keep Paul out of office, wouldn't work.

kylejack
08-14-2011, 07:36 AM
Perry advisor or Bush advisor?

sofia
08-14-2011, 07:38 AM
Just look at what we are dealing with....Between the Limbaugh worshippers and the Christian-Zionist vote, I have to agree that Ron can't win the GOP nomination. As the Pawlenty's, Cains, Gingrich's and Santorums drop out, those folks go to Perry or Romney or Bachman.

By end of Super Tuesday, it will be just us at about 30% against Bildeberger Perry with 70%.

....Our goal is make a serious splash in the primaries, and then go third party. THAT's how we win. America is ready for an independent.

I have a hunch that this is Ron's plan and that's why he isnt running for reelection in Congress. Otherwise, this GOP bullshit is just a waste of time.

llepard
08-14-2011, 07:48 AM
Perry advisor or Bush advisor?

No difference. Perry is Bush's butt boy

moostraks
08-14-2011, 07:49 AM
If the runner up corporate choice (Pawlenty) pulled second it would be called a close race of two viable candidates. Instead all Paul's positive showing means is that people are disgruntled and will vote for someone other than Paul? Their thinking is completely illogical.

The fact that Paul's name is preceded or followed always by the unelectable is unnerving. One can hope that American's championing an underdog pulls through if they want to continue this attitude again since the good doctor is gaining name recognition with each one of these debates. When people hear him talk and his responses resonate with what they know is the right way to handle situations and are told he can't win maybe they will be pissed off this time at being told by the establishment to vote for the status quo.

llepard
08-14-2011, 07:55 AM
Just look at what we are dealing with....Between the Limbaugh worshippers and the Christian-Zionist vote, I have to agree that Ron can't win the GOP nomination. As the Pawlenty's, Cains, Gingrich's and Santorums drop out, those folks go to Perry or Romney or Bachman.

By end of Super Tuesday, it will be just us at about 30% against Bildeberger Perry with 70%.

....Our goal is make a serious splash in the primaries, and then go third party. THAT's how we win. America is ready for an independent.

I have a hunch that this is Ron's plan and that's why he isnt running for reelection in Congress. Otherwise, this GOP bullshit is just a waste of time.

Bingo. Excellent analysis. It is still a long shot, but not undoable.

Kords21
08-14-2011, 07:59 AM
At the house I work at (home health nurse) I was talking with my patient's mother. They were supporting Newt started talking to them about Dr. Paul and heard the usual that he has good ideas but he can't win. I told her that on a personal level that doesn't even matter. My overall point to her was that even when the odds are stacked against you, you still have to fight for what's right, if you don't then you're just as guilty as the people orchestrating that evil.

To sit there with the defeatest idea "Ron Paul can't win, so why bother" then don't complain about what the gov't is doing. People can say that he has to be part of the elite's plan in some shape, but once you see real and genuine truth, not just pandering, that's something to fight for no matter if you go down in flames. At least you can say you did something and not just stand there.

This Perry advisor is just carrying the status quo water and if Perry and these other candidates are just counting on the status quo to carry the day, they're going to be sorely mistaken. The American people don't like what's going on and the last thing they want is another Bush type guy or even Obama. There has never been a better time for an independent candidate like Dr. Paul. Gop can play their games, but all they're really doing is digging their own proverbial grave. The only reason the Repbulcans gained the house was the tea party, not regualr republicans. They seem to have forgotten that.

sofia
08-14-2011, 08:00 AM

lol

speaking of "butt boy"....I understand that there are persistent rumors surrounding Perry's preference for that part of the male anatomy.

Kords21
08-14-2011, 08:02 AM
Glenn Beck did want to french kiss him at one point....

newbitech
08-14-2011, 08:02 AM

Who is going to get the church vote out of Perry Bachman or Romney? I think Paul is going to get a nice chunk of that southern baptist vote. Nice chunk if he goes after it.

Kords21
08-14-2011, 08:05 AM
As I recall Doug Wead was instrumental in getting that vote for George HW Bush, I'm sure he's working on that and has a plan for that.

llepard
08-14-2011, 08:05 AM
My overall point to her was that even when the odds are stacked against you, you still have to fight for what's right, if you don't then you're just as guilty as the people orchestrating that evil.

.... that's something to fight for no matter if you go down in flames. At least you can say you did something and not just stand there.

Righteous word. Brother. (or sister)

Kords21
08-14-2011, 08:06 AM
It's brother and I loved your scenes in For Liberty.

speciallyblend
08-14-2011, 08:09 AM
+9999

x9999 x420 x Liberty x Freedom = Ron Paul 2012

smartguy911
08-14-2011, 08:10 AM
They have hijacked the tea party. They are saying Rick Perry has support of the Tea Party and in some articles calling him the darling of the tea party. It's working out perfectly for them. He will copy all Ron's main points just like Bachman did and win the nomination.

speciallyblend
08-14-2011, 08:13 AM

bottom line is if the GOP does not nominate Ron Paul. The GOP will elect obama by running a GOP establishment/neo-con. It will be the GOP corruption and establishment that alienates republicans to cause obama to win the second term unless the GOP nominates Ron Paul 2012. If the GOP alienates Ron Paul. Then the GOP will force me to vote Indy/3rd party. I hope Ron Paul keeps his nuclear option available! used that term so neo-cons/GOP establishment can understand in simplest terms. build the base and if the gop cuts the thread. Then i firmly think Ron Paul could win an indy run!!

llepard
08-14-2011, 08:14 AM
They have hijacked the tea party. They are saying Rick Perry has support of the Tea Party and in some articles calling him the darling of the tea party. It's working out perfectly for them. He will copy all Ron's main points just like Bachman did and win the nomination.

Sadly, probably correct. However, when the dollar is nearly worthless and gas is $20 per gallon (both of which are coming), that's when it will get interesting. Viva the Revolution!

The other side is forgetting that mathematically they are fucked. A compounding function always goes exponential. It is basic math. So, it would be nice if we could fix this thing with Ron, but do not fret, nature is going to fix this country on its own! Read The Fourth Turning by Howe and Strauss. It is as certain as the rising of the sun. Our goal is education so that we turn the right way after the collapse.

Also, the other side is forgetting is that there are 270 million of us, and a couple of million of them. They are badly outnumbered and their "new clothes" are looking pretty dam ragged. Furthermore, the INTERNET is a game changer. They are losing control of the message. Think Gutenberg, Press, Church, Catholicism, Reformation.

I say to the NEOCONs, I drink your milkshake.

speciallyblend
08-14-2011, 08:17 AM

perry will not win a general, perry=obama 2nd term unless perry picks al gore as his vp! then he might beat obama!

eok321
08-14-2011, 08:26 AM

Is there not some sore loser laws in some states that would prevent ron from winning if he did this?

Kords21
08-14-2011, 08:32 AM
If thre's not now, I'm pretty sure the establishment would scramble like crazy to make it happen. They can actually get stuff done in a hurry when it's stuff that gives them more power and keeps outsiders away.

New York For Paul
08-14-2011, 08:49 AM
This is a major hurdle for Paul. That is why it was crucial to win the Iowa straw poll. Considering RP grassroots got 5000 to Independence Hall, 10,000 to the revolution march and 15,000 to Minnesota, to get less than 5000 votes when it really counted with the millions of dollars of free media is a hugely missed opportunity.

A caucus state or small primary state are crucial to a Ron Paul victory because they are low turnout. This could be a negative turning point in the campaign.

But the close second place finish by Paul -- the Texas congressman finished the day with a very impressive tally of 4,671 votes -- also showed the power of the Libertarian-leaning philosophy that he espouses.

Former George W. Bush advisor Matt Dowd said the results show that the field is wide open in Iowa and elsewhere, especially since Ron Paul -- "a pro-drug, apologize-to-Iran guy who could never win the nomination" -- finished such a strong second.

"Nobody is in that strong a position, and Paul can't win. So people are going to have hungry ears to listen to Perry," said Dowd, who was Bush's pollster and a top advisor in the 2000 and 2004 campaigns.

YumYum
08-14-2011, 09:19 AM
I'm sure everyone here would back Ron Paul as an indie. I know I would. Of course, Ron can't say at this point in the campaign if he loses he will run as an indie, but his supporters should have "Plan B" ready to go if he loses the nomination. And why not? He is leaving Congress, so his running as an independent won't hurt his position as a representative. He will split both the Republican Party and the Democrat Party if he runs as an indie, and as llepard said, this is growing exponentially. I believe we are on the verge of "Paulmania".

Some may claim that his running as an indie would hurt Rand's standing in the Republican Party. It could if Rand supports his father's run as an independent, but I would hate to see Ron drop out of this if he doesn't get the Republican nomination.

LibertyEagle
08-14-2011, 09:21 AM
Yum Yum Yum Yum.... whatever. What does Ron Paul have to say, to get you to stop this crap? He has stated over and over again, he is NOT going to run as an independent. Drop it. Damn.

LibertyEagle
08-14-2011, 09:22 AM
This is a major hurdle for Paul. That is why it was crucial to win the Iowa straw poll. Considering RP grassroots got 5000 to Independence Hall, 10,000 to the revolution march and 15,000 to Minnesota, to get less than 5000 votes when it really counted with the millions of dollars of free media is a hugely missed opportunity.

A caucus state or small primary state are crucial to a Ron Paul victory because they are low turnout. This could be a negative turning point in the campaign.

I do not agree at all. Those other events were attended by people across ALL 50 STATES. How on earth can you compare those events to one that is limited just to Iowans?

LibertyEagle
08-14-2011, 09:26 AM
They have hijacked the tea party.
If you think they have, then go hijack it back!!

They are saying Rick Perry has support of the Tea Party and in some articles calling him the darling of the tea party. It's working out perfectly for them. He will copy all Ron's main points just like Bachman did and win the nomination.

The tea party is not one big 'ol lump. Paul has a lot of supporters, for example, who are also aligned with the Tea Party Patriots.

Perry is the establishment's chosen one, that is for sure. His run has been planned for a very long time and this rollout is nothing more than a well-scripted Hollywood movie. But, if his record is exposed, he will NOT be the candidate of the majority of the tea party. His record does not match his rhetoric. He CAN be brought down.

I am not as worried about Perry, as I am Dr. Paul working on his delivery. Because unless he does, he will lose this thing all by himself.

pcosmar
08-14-2011, 09:29 AM
Yum Yum Yum Yum.... whatever. What does Ron Paul have to say, to get you to stop this crap? He has stated over and over again, he is NOT going to run as an independent. Drop it. Damn.

Actually no, He said that is not his plan, several times. He said that it is unlikely.

He never has said it is out of the question.
:)

YumYum
08-14-2011, 09:31 AM

Of course he will say he won't run as an independent, that would be political suicide. But let me ask you, are we in a revolution, or not? Is this about "Republicans", or is this about "America"? And another thing, if Ron Paul loses the nomination, what happens to the Liberty movement? Who can fill Ron Paul's shoes? In business, you always have options when you are strategically planning, and the way you are talking doesn't leave us with any options.

If there was a plan laid out for Ron to look at by his supporters in case he loses the nomination, he could very well go with it.

Do you really think the Powers are going to let him be president? No, and we need to take this momentum and fight to the very end.

gjdavis60
08-14-2011, 09:32 AM
The media's reaction is discouraging but predictable. Just remember, we've gotten this far without them and the movement continues to grow in spite of their disinformation and intentional neglect. The Internet has already changed the game and the traditional media can no longer blackout ideas they do not want discussed. In addition, there are other uncontrollable forces on our side, like the economy. The establishment can say whatever it wants, but it cannot change the economic reality on the ground. While other candidates weave unconvincing fairy tales about what is going on economically, only Ron Paul offers intellectually satisfying explanations and complementary solutions. Our goal must continue to be to conflate these arguments with Ron Paul and get them in front of as many people as possible.

New York For Paul
08-14-2011, 09:35 AM
Ron Paul got 11,841 vote in the Iowa caucus in 2008. He couldn't even get his most committed supporters in Iowa to come out for this crucial event which has national implications. Ron Paul came in 5th with that total in 2008. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iowa_Republican_caucuses,_2008

If the campaign is growing the way the official campaign says it is, Ron Paul should have had more straw poll voters. This is a an important dry run test that failed for the official campaign. To get beat by a newcomer, when the Ron Paul campaign has been preparing for four years is not good.

Take this as a sign that the grassroots need to step up to the plate before it is all over.

LibertyEagle
08-14-2011, 09:38 AM
Of course he will say he won't run as an independent, that would be political suicide. But let me ask you, are we in a revolution, or not? Is this about "Republicans", or is this about "America"? And another thing, if Ron Paul loses the nomination, what happens to the Liberty movement? Who can fill Ron Paul's shoes? In business, you always have options when you are strategically planning, and the way you are talking doesn't leave us with any options.

If there was a plan laid out for Ron to look at by his supporters in case he loses the nomination, he could very well go with it.
You sure throw in the towel easily, don't you?

Do you really think the Powers are going to let him be president?
If you believe that, then he doesn't have a chance to win as an Independent, either.

No, and we need to take this momentum and fight to the very end.

I would say to you that unless we keep our eyes on target, we absolutely do not have a chance in hell. We have to stay focused on him winning the Republican primary. Or, there darn sure will be a self-fulfilling prophecy.

We have a lot of work to do.

YumYum
08-14-2011, 09:38 AM
If you think they have, then go hijack it back!!

The tea party is not one big 'ol lump. Paul has a lot of supporters, for example, who are also aligned with the Tea Party Patriots.

Perry is the establishment's chosen one, that is for sure. His run has been planned for a very long time and this rollout is nothing more than a well-scripted Hollywood movie. But, if his record is exposed, he will NOT be the candidate of the majority of the tea party. His record does not match his rhetoric. He CAN be brought down.

I am not as worried about Perry, as I am Dr. Paul working on his delivery. Because unless he does, he will lose this thing all by himself.

I totally disagree. His delivery is just fine. Its his message that people are listening to that is drawing in supporters. We may be a nation of dummies, but people are starting to wise up to the song and dance routines of slick, plastic politicians. People want someone who is genuine and honest, and who speaks from the heart. Ron Paul is all of the above. Hitler was one of the greatest orators of the 20th Century. He was also the greatest liar. Today, America wants honesty, not great public speaking.

LibertyEagle
08-14-2011, 09:49 AM
Ron Paul got 11,841 vote in the Iowa caucus in 2008. He couldn't even get his most committed supporters in Iowa to come out for this crucial event which has national implications. Ron Paul came in 5th with that total in 2008. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iowa_Republican_caucuses,_2008

If the campaign is growing the way the official campaign says it is, Ron Paul should have had more straw poll voters. This is a an important dry run test that failed for the official campaign. To get beat by a newcomer, when the Ron Paul campaign has been preparing for four years is not good.
The Straw Poll was important and it's too bad we didn't get the few more votes that we needed. However, it's the delegates that really matter; not Straw Poll results. Are we making gains there?

Take this as a sign that the grassroots need to step up to the plate before it is all over.

Yes, the grassroots needs to stop acting like they are at war with Ron Paul's campaign. It's a different game this time around. If the supporters have not already gotten into place in the Republican party, they need to get to it; become precinct leaders and delegates, if possible. The campaign also has a calling program in place that has already switched gears after the Straw Poll. Sign-up, if you haven't already. There is going to be a great need for canvassers, etc. This is how campaigns are won. It is the way Goldwater, Sr. won the Republican primary and it is the way we can too. But, we have to stop this war.

LibertyEagle
08-14-2011, 09:51 AM
I totally disagree. His delivery is just fine. Its his message that people are listening to that is drawing in supporters. We may be a nation of dummies, but people are starting to wise up to the song and dance routines of slick, plastic politicians. People want someone who is genuine and honest, and who speaks from the heart. Ron Paul is all of the above. Hitler was one of the greatest orators of the 20th Century. He was also the greatest liar. Today, America wants honesty, not great public speaking.

Good luck with that. I am talking about the way he framed his position on Iran. I think it will hurt him badly with Republican voters.

Anarchist
08-14-2011, 10:30 AM
"He'll run third party and either way keep them from winning" Wrong, having worked within the third party movement for over thirty years I'm afraid you do not understand the time, energy and money that is required to mount a third party challenge. The cost in time and money to get on the ballot is prohibitive. Just ask the Constitution Party, the Green Party, the Libertarian Party, the Natural Law Party, the Reform Party and others. In some states the time allotted for getting a third party on the ballot is fast approaching or has past. The time frame in which to do this is very limited and excessively difficult and costly. See http://www.americanselect.org/news/5-2011/4-six-things-know-americans-elect-will-have-50-state-ballot-access I will be very surprised if they meet their goal. The Libertarian Party has been working to achieve this goal for nearly 40 years. See http://www.ballot-access.org/ The Libertarian Party and the Greens just won a court battle in Maryland for ballot access for 2012/2014. The Constitution Party did not have their signatures verified at the time so had no standing before the court. The requirements to maintain ballot access are very restrictive in most states. Party ballot status is by state law, not federal law. Check your state to learn what is required to go third party and report back.

Anarchist
08-14-2011, 10:39 AM
"He'll run third party and either way keep them from winning" Wrong, having worked within the third party movement for over thirty years I'm afraid you do not understand the time, energy and money that is required to mount a third party challenge. The cost in time and money to get on the ballot is prohibitive. Just ask the Constitution Party, the Green Party, the Libertarian Party, the Natural Law Party, the Reform Party and others. In some states the time allotted for getting a third party on the ballot is fast approaching or has past. The time frame in which to do this is very limited and excessively difficult and costly. See http://www.americanselect.org/news/5-2011/4-six-things-know-americans-elect-will-have-50-state-ballot-access I will be very surprised if they meet their goal. The Libertarian Party has been working to achieve this goal for nearly 40 years. See http://www.ballot-access.org/ The Libertarian Party and the Greens just won a court battle in Maryland for ballot access for 2012/2014. The Constitution Party did not have their signatures verified at the time so had no standing before the court. The requirements to maintain ballot access are very restrictive in most states. Party ballot status is by state law, not federal law. Check your state to learn what is required to go third party and report back.

Wren
08-14-2011, 10:45 AM
If RP does not frame the iran question differently he will not win. Just a day after the debate, fox interviews him and further questioned him on the iran issue. I feel like he understands that he needs to assess it in a different manner because he ended up framing it much differently, the way I would like to see him address it during the debate. That is by focusing on the fact 1) Iran will not touch the united states, 2) Israel has over 300 nukes they can take care of any threat and 3) Israel's dependence on the united states affects her ability to make those decisions.

now let me see if i can find that interview..

edit: here it is about a few minutes in

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbHdvcsaDcs&feature=player_embedded

people won't listen to what he said during this interview though, they'll only remember what they heard in the debate :(

silentshout
08-14-2011, 10:47 AM
s

I hope you are right, because there is no way I could ever vote for any of those other GOP clowns. I would prefer Obama over any of them, and that's saying a lot. I hope if RP doesn't run as an indie, at least some other liberty-minded type will..whether right or left leaning.

Anti Federalist
08-14-2011, 11:01 AM
Good luck with that. I am talking about the way he framed his position on Iran. I think it will hurt him badly with Republican voters.

Meh.

His whole platform is a house of pain with regards to your "typical" GOP voter.

It's a record that goes back over 30 years, so there is no ducking, dodging, spinning or obfuscating that's going to hide it, either.

The only response that works, the only thing that can defuse a frothing, "kill all them damn hay-rabs", warhawk is this:

"We can't afford it. We're broke".

trey4sports
08-14-2011, 11:01 AM
jesus christ.

Ron is not going 3rd party, get that through your head people!

Cleaner44
08-14-2011, 11:14 AM
Let it be known to the GOP that they had better nominate Ron Paul or they will lose to Obama.

We will not compromise or principles.

We will not vote for Bachmann, Perry or Romney.

They can fight us if they wish and divide this party or they can unite behind Ron Paul.

Anti Federalist
08-14-2011, 11:22 AM
Let it be known to the GOP that they had better nominate Ron Paul or they will lose to Obama.

They can fight us if they wish and divide this party or they can unite behind Ron Paul.

That ^^^ +rep +1776

I'm voting Ron Paul in 2012, if I have to write in his name with my own blood.

I could not possibly care less about Obama v. Perry or Obama v. Romney or Obama v. Bachmann or whoever.

Fuck 'em.

pcosmar
08-14-2011, 11:40 AM
jesus christ.

Ron is not going 3rd party, get that through your head people!

I don't think so either. But I prefer Open Carry, as a visible deterrent. I like, "all the guns on the table", playing poker.

I want them to think about the significant support they stand to LOSE.
I say,,leave the hint about it, let it gnaw at the back of their minds.
;)

kylejack
08-14-2011, 12:04 PM
Not really. They were in a lot of conflict in Texas. They're different sorts of jerks.

Bossobass
08-14-2011, 12:06 PM
http://img1.imagehousing.com/11/9e93611ebe5e279d7dfc94309c6c3546.png (http://www.imagehousing.com/image/822689)

Bosso

Anti Federalist
08-14-2011, 12:26 PM
http://img1.imagehousing.com/11/9e93611ebe5e279d7dfc94309c6c3546.png (http://www.imagehousing.com/image/822689)

Bosso

LoL - Awesome

New York For Paul
08-14-2011, 12:29 PM
I know for a fact that the calling program was misdirected in last several weeks. They and we were calling for voter ID and not GOTV for the Iowa caucus. There were many of us calling identifying new supporters instead of insuring that old supporters got to the Iowa straw poll. A major missed opportunity that could be a very important milestone in the campaign. We need to focus more.

The Straw Poll was important and it's too bad we didn't get the few more votes that we needed. However, it's the delegates that really matter; not Straw Poll results. Are we making gains there?

Yes, the grassroots needs to stop acting like they are at war with Ron Paul's campaign. It's a different game this time around. If the supporters have not already gotten into place in the Republican party, they need to get to it; become precinct leaders and delegates, if possible. The campaign also has a calling program in place that has already switched gears after the Straw Poll. Sign-up, if you haven't already. There is going to be a great need for canvassers, etc. This is how campaigns are won. It is the way Goldwater, Sr. won the Republican primary and it is the way we can too. But, we have to stop this war.

Slutter McGee
08-14-2011, 12:29 PM
I really have not been expecting Ron to win. I saw this as not a setup to a third party, but as a set up for a run by Rand in the future. I wasn't expecting the poll numbers to get as high as they are this early either. Maybe he does have a chance. But if he loses I still don't believe the answer is third party. As long as we are expanding support in the republican party, that is what we should continue to do. 12 years is what I am giving us, our country, and the Republican Party. If we haven't accomplished anything by then. Well I don't know.

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee

affa
08-14-2011, 12:32 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbHdvcsaDcs&feature=player_embedded

people won't listen to what he said during this interview though, they'll only remember what they heard in the debate :(

i don't necessarily agree with you comments above it, but this video is absolutely fantastic and should get out there more.

i don't think some of you realize how dire this situation is. Even if RP magically gets the GOP nomination, the establishment will still work against him. Do you really think the MIC wants all the troops coming home? Obama does what they say. RP won't. Therefore, the system will prefer Obama over RP... no matter what the populace wants.

We have a lot of work ahead of us.

heavenlyboy34
08-14-2011, 12:36 PM
i don't necessarily agree with you comments above it, but this video is absolutely fantastic and should get out there more.

i don't think some of you realize how dire this situation is. Even if RP magically gets the GOP nomination, the establishment will still work against him. Do you really think the MIC wants all the troops coming home? Obama does what they say. RP won't. Therefore, the system will prefer Obama over RP... no matter what the populace wants.

I share your cynicism.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
08-14-2011, 01:08 PM

Indeed, an agenda never wins and it shouldn't. After many extremist parties compromise to become one, they no longer have an agenda. The agenda has already been established anyway so it can't be something that is elected in a campaign. In regards to what is best, it is the bipartisan American Movement returning the People back to the revering of our Founding Fathers and the Civil Purpose they established for us in The Declaration of Independence which is THE major advancement in American history, Philosophically speaking, trumping even the prior development of the sophist-like two party system.

puppetmaster
08-14-2011, 01:11 PM

HELLO!!!!

Do you think the Republican party leaders and congress care??
They don't, they win either way.

This is all show and some here fall for it!

Hell, they probably want obama to win because they know that this shit is going to get real bad soon and they don't want to appear to be the cause of the hell storm

They keep stealing from America and get paid to do it regardless of which party is elected.

Jeeesh when are folks going to remember that there is NO DIFFERENCE in these two parties. They play for the SAME FREAKING TEAM.

libertyfanatic
08-14-2011, 02:28 PM
Who is going to get the church vote out of Perry Bachman or Romney? I think Paul is going to get a nice chunk of that southern baptist vote. Nice chunk if he goes after it.

I honestly believe Ron has no chance of receiving a large portion of the southern baptist vote. All the baptists that I know are hard core pro-Israeli theocons. They hate all individuality and the freedom to make what they consider "wrong" choices. Most of the baptists will go for Santorum or Bachmann.

sailingaway
08-14-2011, 02:50 PM
The guy who announced the results and only announced first place and immediately walked off stage is a Perry guy, too.

coastie
08-14-2011, 02:52 PM
The guy who announced the results and only announced first place and immediately walked off stage is a Perry guy, too.

Yeah, what a doucheba.....wait.....wait, focus your anger.....

Thank you!

Thank you for your generous donation!

Amount: $67.50
Transaction ID: 302169699
Transaction date/time: 2011-08-14 15:50:05

Phew, I feel better now.:D

Anti Federalist
08-14-2011, 03:16 PM
Yeah, what a doucheba.....wait.....wait, focus your anger.....

Thank you!

Thank you for your generous donation!

Amount: $67.50
Transaction ID: 302169699
Transaction date/time: 2011-08-14 15:50:05

Phew, I feel better now.:D

+rep

devil21
08-14-2011, 03:33 PM
Im still trying to figure out what exactly it is that prevents Ron Paul from winning? It looks simply like a media espoused meme meant to become fact merely from existence alone.

Otherwise, they are suggesting that 51% of this country isn't fed up with the wars. Isn't fed up with the crap economy. Isn't fed up with the failed drug war. Isn't fed up with the terrible job Congress and the Executive is doing. Etc etc etc! Poll after poll of Americans (not partisans) shows that all of the above are true and Americans ARE fed up. That alone says Ron Paul can win. Those parroting the Ron Paul can't win line are just that, parrots. No critical thinking at all.

anaconda
08-14-2011, 04:19 PM
If the GOP and their media outlets keep messing around with Ron Paul and pass up a golden opportunity to go down in the history books as "The party that saved the country" by putting Paul into office. He'll run third party and either way keep them from winning, either Paul brings in enough from both sides and independents and wins or takes enouhg of the republican vote and Obama wins. You would think at this point the Republicans would be in a "Just get Obama out of office" mode, but their greed and lust for power threatens to take this country down for generations.

Yeah, and what's funny is you barley hear a peep of this in the MSM. Maybe the Republican and Democratic elites feel that Ron would pull from both parties evenly in a general election, and therefore of essentially no real consequence? But statistics have shown that he would hurt the Republican more. Also, I'm not sure if "sore-loser laws" are an obstacle.

Fredom101
08-14-2011, 04:50 PM
We'll see about that Dowd, but I'm betting that the american people see thru your Neocon Israeli first agenda and won't be fooled again.

Really? You have a lot more confidence in the American people than I do. How do you explain Bush or Obama getting elected if people actually thought through their voting options?

Captain Shays
08-14-2011, 06:46 PM
I'm no political expert or anything of that nature, but I don't think Perry/Trump running third party would work the way Paul running as an independent would. Ron's Ace up his sleeve is his ability to pull democrats, independents and republicans to vote for him. I highly doubt any democrat would vote for Perry given his modern day stances, in the 80's maybe. I think societywise we're getting to a point where people aren't so wedded to a particular party. Both parties are being blamed for our troubles and their constant squabbling is not going unnotcied. As the economic situation gets worse, as the wars just go on pointlessly, I beleive you're going to see Ron Paul's idea really take off the media be damned. The internet is quickly replacing them anyway. Weather or not the media ever actually gets back to doing real journalism and being the propaganda mouthpieces for which ever party, really doesn't matter once the ideas of liberty and freedom take root.

If Perry or Trump or whover wanted to run as an independent to keep Paul out of office, wouldn't work.

Sorry Bro. No one will even know about Ron Paul if he runs as an independent since the media will ignore him worse than they do now. And they won't allow him into the debates.We MUST win the Republican nomination. Then we WILL beat Obama for all the reasons you mentioned above. We simply have no other choice. When they say "Ron Paul can't win" what they mean is oh no he can't win. We can let him win. He will beat Obama if he wins the nomination and we can't let that happen.

Golding
08-14-2011, 07:43 PM
Annoying as it is, you can't help but laugh at the desperation in their spin. I mean, look at what they are resorting to.

"Ron Paul can't win. The fact that he is winning despite our opinions only goes to show that this is a wide open field for anyone. Anyone except Ron Paul, of course. Even though he is winning, we the media cannot allow that to happen."

angelatc
08-14-2011, 07:49 PM
Is there not some sore loser laws in some states that would prevent ron from winning if he did this?

Not for presidential elections. But I don't think Ron will run third party. I think he will pass the torch to Rand.

Anti Federalist
08-14-2011, 08:04 PM
Not for presidential elections. But I don't think Ron will run third party. I think he will pass the torch to Rand.

He could always mount a write in campaign.

Worked for The Murk.

Just sayin'.

Suzu
08-14-2011, 08:33 PM
The neo-cons bow to the will of Israel, just like the Christian Zionists and fundies. Matter of fact, I hear that eighty-one of our members of congress are vacationing in Tel-Aviv, courtesy of AIPAC, as we speak.

http://america-hijacked.com/2011/08/08/aipac-arranges-for-81-congressional-members-to-visit-israel/

Cleaner44
08-14-2011, 10:06 PM
HELLO!!!!

Do you think the Republican party leaders and congress care??
They don't, they win either way.

This is all show and some here fall for it!

Hell, they probably want obama to win because they know that this shit is going to get real bad soon and they don't want to appear to be the cause of the hell storm

They keep stealing from America and get paid to do it regardless of which party is elected.

Jeeesh when are folks going to remember that there is NO DIFFERENCE in these two parties. They play for the SAME FREAKING TEAM.

My brother, chill... it is not the Republican party leaders or congress that I want to influence... it is the regular GOP voter.

These people are so focused on defeating Obama that they are freaking out. The fear that we will not join them to defeat Obama. They are ALL about the party unity.

It is they who must unify with us.

They compromise and vote Ron Paul... or they lose!

ForLibertyFight
08-15-2011, 06:32 AM
Im still trying to figure out what exactly it is that prevents Ron Paul from winning? It looks simply like a media espoused meme meant to become fact merely from existence alone.

Otherwise, they are suggesting that 51% of this country isn't fed up with the wars. Isn't fed up with the crap economy. Isn't fed up with the failed drug war. Isn't fed up with the terrible job Congress and the Executive is doing. Etc etc etc! Poll after poll of Americans (not partisans) shows that all of the above are true and Americans ARE fed up. That alone says Ron Paul can win. Those parroting the Ron Paul can't win line are just that, parrots. No critical thinking at all.

You are correct but Americans are too busy watching Jersey Shore or shopping at the mall to give a shit.

It's a sad fact. When the economic collapse occurs, these people will be the ones begging the government to fix everything, paving a clear road for a fascist government to rise to rule over.

Captain Shays
08-15-2011, 11:12 AM
I totally agree but will amplify with something you may or may not agree with. That, we should take it a step forward by holding the neoconservatives hostage by declaring that we will not vote for another big government war monger. That unless they come on board with us we will promise them their worst nightmare. Another four yrs of Obama

wgadget
08-15-2011, 12:07 PM

My hungry ears had enough Perry to barf already.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
08-15-2011, 12:07 PM
[/B]

You are correct but Americans are too busy watching Jersey Shore or shopping at the mall to give a shit.

It's a sad fact. When the economic collapse occurs, these people will be the ones begging the government to fix everything, paving a clear road for a fascist government to rise to rule over.

You talk as if fascism is a bad thing. If you can't maintain a Republic, a system of fascism is much better than the socialism of communism or the banking of capitalism. As I've often pointed out, our banking system could be run by six year olds and we wouldn't be in near as bad a situation we are in today.

wgadget
08-15-2011, 12:08 PM
I totally agree but will amplify with something you may or may not agree with. That, we should take it a step forward by holding the neoconservatives hostage by declaring that we will not vote for another big government war monger. That unless they come on board with us we will promise them their worst nightmare. Another four yrs of Obama

This is exactly what will happen, too...UNLESS Ron could carry it independently. Anything is possible.

wgadget
08-15-2011, 12:10 PM
My brother, chill... it is not the Republican party leaders or congress that I want to influence... it is the regular GOP voter.

These people are so focused on defeating Obama that they are freaking out. The fear that we will not join them to defeat Obama. They are ALL about the party unity.

It is they who must unify with us.

They compromise and vote Ron Paul... or they lose!

Did you ever stop to think that MAYBE they are afraid that Ron Paul WOULD get the nomination and beat Obama, destroying their current ONE-PARTY DOMINATION?

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
08-15-2011, 12:14 PM
My hungry ears had enough Perry to barf already.

In the Texas system of government, the administrative branch is split into five parts and operated by five adminstrative presidents: The governor, the Lt. governor, the attorney general, the land commissionor, and the comptroller.
So, Rick Perry does not have the experience of a president while he isn't the sole reason for our state's success. If anything, the state of Texas is responsible for the state of Texas being successful. Sometimes the powerful position in our state is the Lt. Governor who is the one who works with the state congress to solve problems. An example of what I speak was Bob Bullock.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
08-15-2011, 12:27 PM

A Federalized commericial media has made Ron Paul a ghost. This situation is worse now than it was four years ago at this time. In order to keep from going out of business, the commercial media has turned to lobbying the Federal government. It's a fascist like situation. To change this situation, one needs to picket the media to intellectually challenge each member working for it.
Critical thinking serves the law. Law has always been irrational.
In other words, eight doctors saw clearly the wounds of president Kennedy's injuries. Why? Well, first off, each of the experts had to know how serious they were in order to dispense treatment to save his life. Second, the lights in an operating room are extremely bright.
In the end, their expert opinions were made to serve the irrationality of law. Anyone who doesn't think law is irrational has never taken a basic philosophy course.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
08-15-2011, 12:41 PM

We had a lot of this work to do four years ago but no one listened. It isn't just the same old media as four years ago, but they are worse. It takes a direct confrontation with the media and personal challenging with each member of it to alter events.
You know, our entertainment industry hurts us worse than anything. So, we should entertain the idea the media has been Federalized by entertaining the idea. That should be the main focus. Not Obama, the Democrats, the Neocons, the Jews, and so on.

Napoleon's Shadow
08-19-2011, 12:21 PM
Yep this is war... and we're the enemy!

PaulConventionWV
08-19-2011, 01:05 PM

You are either a troll or you have to be joking. How many times does Ron have to say it? He's NOT RUNNING THIRD PARTY!

Patriot123
08-19-2011, 01:33 PM
When they're attacking you, you know they're running scared.