PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul's 2nd place finish completely discounted by Santorum.

BenjFranklin
08-14-2011, 06:37 AM
From an article on CNN.

“If you look at the top four, three of them can win the caucus. And I really feel that Ron Paul can’t win this caucus and can’t win this nomination and the other three candidates have a potential to do so. The top three tickets get punched out of Iowa, so I feel really good about that.”

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2011/08/13/santorum-we-had-something-to-prove-here/

This guy is in fantasyland. Whatever helps you sleep at night Rick!

liberalnurse
08-14-2011, 06:40 AM
I couldn't stand him as a Senator from PA and if possible I can't stand him even more now. What a tool.

Thomas
08-14-2011, 06:45 AM
the campaign needs to ignore these clowns, especially in debates

Zarn Solen
08-14-2011, 06:49 AM
Who cares what he thinks?

BenjFranklin
08-14-2011, 07:15 AM
Who cares what he thinks?

I want to know what all the candidates are thinking. They are the competition. I think based on Mr. Frothy's quote from this article, we can expect him to start aggresively attacking Dr. Paul. He will fail, we will win.

Badger Paul
08-14-2011, 07:37 AM
It's becoming personal with him. He would not have said this about anyone else.

Sentinelrv
08-14-2011, 07:43 AM
He's just pissed off Ron made him look like a fool at the debate and discounted his campaign.

Zarn Solen
08-14-2011, 07:46 AM
I'm from the Mid-Atlantic. The more you give someone attention, the more they become credible. People from the Mid-Atlantic hate being ignored. NY, Philly, Atlantic City, Pittsburgh... all the attention has to be on us. Only California and Texas might be able to compete with that.

BamaFanNKy
08-14-2011, 07:52 AM
Santorum strategy is to get attention via attacks of Ron Paul.

misconstrued
08-14-2011, 07:54 AM

That's exactly what he's doing.

BamaFanNKy
08-14-2011, 07:55 AM
I'm tempted to go to debates with a "Google Santorum" shirt.

anewvoice
08-14-2011, 07:58 AM
Every time Santorum talks about Ron Paul, the media talks about Ron Paul. Santorum is wrapping himself in the flag and tugging at American emotions but Ron Paul will respond with logic and well thought out answers every time. Let him continue is rants, it just gives Ron Paul all the more opportunity to explain his stances to America!

JohnGalt23g
08-14-2011, 08:05 AM
Google Santorum.

Simon
08-14-2011, 08:12 AM
Every time Santorum talks about Ron Paul, the media talks about Ron Paul. Santorum is wrapping himself in the flag and tugging at American emotions but Ron Paul will respond with logic and well thought out answers every time. Let him continue his rants, it just gives Ron Paul all the more opportunity to explain his stances to America!

Real close to what I'm thinking. Let Santorum attack Dr. Paul all he wants. It's going to backfire on him, as he's just bringing more attention to the Paul campaign and RP's common-sense positions.

Koz
08-14-2011, 08:29 AM

I concur, this is his only option to bring attention to himself at this point.

reduen
08-14-2011, 08:30 AM
Feeding the troll here.....

anewvoice
08-14-2011, 08:31 AM
I concur, this is his only option to bring attention to himself at this point.

And all that attention translates into "I loved the 8 years of George W. Bush, let's have some more!". Sure that will appeal to some but he's painted into that corner.

ThomJohn
08-14-2011, 08:41 AM
I've just posted in the Campaign Suggestion section that Ron Paul should, in a HD Youtube video ad type way, "reassign" the Giuliani reading list to Santorum. We could make such a thing viral could we not?

BenjFranklin
08-14-2011, 09:14 AM
Feeding the troll here.....

Excuse me?

roversaurus
08-14-2011, 09:35 AM
It is better for us that Santorum stay in the race. Santorum will pull votes from Romney and Perry and Bachman. He won't pull many from Dr Paul.

smtwngrl
08-14-2011, 09:35 AM
Every time Santorum talks about Ron Paul, the media talks about Ron Paul. Santorum is wrapping himself in the flag and tugging at American emotions but Ron Paul will respond with logic and well thought out answers every time. Let him continue is rants, it just gives Ron Paul all the more opportunity to explain his stances to America!

+1

I'm sure Santorum believes what he is saying. He believes he is right about foreign policy. And when it comes to viability, he can believe what he wants about Ron Paul's viability. If he believes that Ron Paul is good at straw polls, and thus, Ron's 2nd place doesn't count, then it allows him to believe that he is in the top 3 of viable candidates coming out of Iowa. It allows his campaign to continue, and he is a happy guy.

I would have been glad to see Santorum out after Iowa, but so be it. His campaign lives a little longer, to attack (and bring attention to) Ron Paul.

KingRobbStark
08-14-2011, 09:46 AM
Attacking Paul is a lucrative business this cycle.

Jackie Treehorn
08-14-2011, 09:50 AM
Still don't understand how people can play the "Ron Paul is good at straw polls" card when he placed 5th at Ames last cycle. Yeah, he's good at smaller polls but this is Ames and he pulled a near statistical tie.

smtwngrl
08-14-2011, 09:51 AM
Yes, logically the argument about straw polls doesn't hold, to anyone who is very educated about the difference in the Iowa straw poll. But some people might still believe that, if they are only reading and accepting what someone else said.

John of Des Moines
08-14-2011, 09:57 AM

That is the stupidist thing I've heard in a long while. Please think.

JohnGalt23g
08-14-2011, 10:06 AM
Rick "Google" Santorum, let me just remind you that this straw poll you are dismissing is one that you competed in, one that you paid money to participate in, one that you have moved your entire family to Iowa for months to compete in... oh, and BTW, one that Ron Paul just cleaned your clock in.

Let's just try to keep that in mind, shall we?

AJ187
08-14-2011, 11:21 AM
For some reason he reminds me of that Wiener guy.

r3volution
08-14-2011, 11:40 AM
That is the stupidist thing I've heard in a long while. Please think.

have you ever done it ? you don't get results like when you google Ron Paul . you get , uhhh , you have to see for your self because i would probably get banned for saying it .
he was joking , but i get what he was saying ..

acptulsa
08-14-2011, 11:45 AM

Lulz. Yeah, Santorum is definitely doing us a huge favor--with all three of the people in the U.S. who know who the hell he is.

Fetou
08-14-2011, 11:45 AM
Every other candidate could pass away and that feminine weasel still wouldn't have a chance in hell to win an election at a grammar school, let alone against Obama. Doesn't matter what viewpoints he even has, anybody who listens to him speak or interact with anybody else knows that he isn't going to be their choice, because he is ignorant, acts like a tool, and has no substance of his own to differentiate him. By far the most pathetic and meaningless candidate in the race, and this has nothing to do with my support for Paul, or anything related to Santorum vs. Paul. He is just an embarrassing candidate for the party and I wish people would just forget his name

Nate
08-14-2011, 11:47 AM
I've just posted in the Campaign Suggestion section that Ron Paul should, in a HD Youtube video ad type way, "reassign" the Giuliani reading list to Santorum. We could make such a thing viral could we not?

+1 Yes, love the idea. Ron Paul should do this.

Nate
08-14-2011, 11:51 AM

+rep
People have been attacking Ron Paul for years & every time they do he gets more popular. This is what happens when you have logic & truth on your side. I say swing away Santorum the Sanctimonious, end your political career while giving Ron Paul another opportunity to tell people the truth & gain in popularity because of it.

trey4sports
08-14-2011, 11:53 AM
what a tool.

sailingaway
08-14-2011, 11:55 AM
Ignore Santorum. He is only getting attention by attacking Ron. He thinks we will rise to the bait.

angelatc
08-14-2011, 11:58 AM
It's becoming personal with him. He would not have said this about anyone else.

I also think that's it. It is a personal affront to him that he lost so badly to Ron effin' Paul.

Debbie Hopper
08-14-2011, 05:22 PM
RP shouldn't do this.

Last time around, Guilliani was considered a first tier candidate. He made the foolish mistake of taking a swing at RP, a non-first tier candidate, and we know who came out on top in that bout. ;>)

Santorum doesn't deserve the time of day.

He's a gnat. Annoying but harmless to us.

Jingles
08-14-2011, 05:33 PM
Its kind of personal to me as a Pennsylvanian (I just live in VA right now). I don't like this guy misrepresenting us. I've already had to assure some people here that people like PA aren't like that and that basically explain that he is just some crazy guy that made his way into politics. I'm so happy he lost his 2006 election by 18 points. I have never heard anyone in PA talk about him favorably (even the most neocon of neocon and most social conservative people I know). I just want him to stop campaigning and go home, but then again I don't want him back in my state.

Can some other state take him for us please?

RonPaulFanInGA
08-14-2011, 05:34 PM

Santorum is the Bill Johnson of the presidential race.

parocks
08-14-2011, 05:38 PM

why?

bamafanmco
08-14-2011, 05:42 PM
why?

Google Santorum

rich34
08-14-2011, 05:49 PM
Can't blame him for trying to promote himself which is why I think Ron should attack Romney and Perry on economic/fiscal issues. I have no doubt Ron will win them all!

Napoleon's Shadow
08-19-2011, 12:10 PM
Not just Santorum

jumpyg1258
08-19-2011, 12:20 PM
Its kind of personal to me as a Pennsylvanian (I just live in VA right now). I don't like this guy misrepresenting us. I've already had to assure some people here that people like PA aren't like that and that basically explain that he is just some crazy guy that made his way into politics. I'm so happy he lost his 2006 election by 18 points. I have never heard anyone in PA talk about him favorably (even the most neocon of neocon and most social conservative people I know). I just want him to stop campaigning and go home, but then again I don't want him back in my state.

Can some other state take him for us please?

I too am originally from PA living in VA right now and I look at it this way, Ron Paul was born and raised only a few miles from where I grew up in Pittsburgh, PA. :D

Zarn Solen
08-19-2011, 12:22 PM
I too am originally from PA living in VA right now and I look at it this way, Ron Paul was born and raised only a few miles from where I grew up in Pittsburgh, PA. :D

I didn't know Paul was born in PA.

havoc37
08-19-2011, 12:22 PM
That's exactly what he's doing.

And it seems to be working...

CaptainAmerica
08-19-2011, 12:25 PM
From an article on CNN.

“If you look at the top four, three of them can win the caucus. And I really feel that Ron Paul can’t win this caucus and can’t win this nomination and the other three candidates have a potential to do so. The top three tickets get punched out of Iowa, so I feel really good about that.”

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2011/08/13/santorum-we-had-something-to-prove-here/

This guy is in fantasyland. Whatever helps you sleep at night Rick!

He has jock syndrome.He has never been defeated and refuses to accept it.

parocks
08-19-2011, 07:40 PM
Google Santorum

I know what it means. Still, why?

Is Santorum a threat to us in some way?

Wear a Merck t-shirt and a Perry button.

eleganz
08-19-2011, 07:59 PM
After this past debate, Santorum really showed American how much of a clown he really was.

It is over for him and he is just trying to get back into the spotlight after getting stomped in the debate and the straw poll. Let us not give this guy any further attention as he deserves none of it, we need to focus completely on Ron Paul's birthday, money bomb, campaign, polls, rallies, etc...!!!

/close thread

JohnGalt23g
08-19-2011, 08:03 PM
He has jock syndrome.He has never been defeated and refuses to accept it.

Au contraire. He got the snot kicked out of him ih 2006 by Bob Casey Jr.

Rothbardian Girl
08-19-2011, 08:29 PM
I couldn't stand him as a Senator from PA and if possible I can't stand him even more now. What a tool.

++ On both counts.