PDA

View Full Version : Jon Huntsman Huntsman supports auditing the Fed? I wonder how long he's felt that way....

sailingaway
08-14-2011, 02:21 AM
http://www.fosters.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20110814/GJNEWS_01/708149906/-1/FOSNEWS

He then fielded questions from local citizens, at which time Heller asked what Huntsman thought of using the American military, specifically the National Guard, as a world police force.

"I'd rather use the national guard to secure the border," Huntsman said.

Heller also asked Huntsman if he supported the movement to audit the Federal Reserve.

"I do," Huntsman said, which pleased Heller.

Thompson later asked the former U.S. Ambassador to China what vehicle he might use to break the impasse between the two major parties in Washington. Huntsman said that combining good ideas on how America can "clean up our act financially" with getting the "stamp of approval" from the people during the 2012 election will motivate congress.

Huntsman also replied to questions about "Obamacare," which he is in favor of repealing and letting the marketplace among various states decide how to fix health care.

When the event ended, Heller said that he admired Huntsman's views on national defense and his economic approach. He said that while he still preferred Ron Paul, it wasn't a definite choice.

"I can easily switch," Heller said.

Heller forgot to check what Huntsman thought of these things under Bush.

CableNewsJunkie
08-14-2011, 02:49 AM
So far, it looks like Gingrich, Huntsman, and possibly Cain (at a later date) could be used as gatekeepers to soak up any anti-Fed voters that might be out there that might otherwise come our way.