PDA

View Full Version : So, who do WE want to drop out?

Rocco
08-14-2011, 12:25 AM
Strategically speaking, there are some candidates whom it helps us are in the race, and others who's presence takes votes away from us, and occupies supporters that could be ours.

So the people who very obviously wont be dropping out before the caucus are:

Paul
Bachmann
Romney
Perry

The guys who could potentially drop are:

TPaw: I think it'd hurt us if he drops out. The guy is establishment all the way and is in no way taking Paul supporters. Maybe we could shave 1% off him but I think his purpose is to divide the vote.

Cain: I think this is the guy we really need to drop out. We can channel some of his tea party energy and possibly pick up 2-3% of the 6% or so he has. That'd push us to 18-19% in Iowa.

Huntsman: The way I see it, he is disregarding Iowa so he will shake off a poor Iowa result in anticipation of NH. He is good for us, another neocon in the field.

Santorum: Nothing but good for us. Santorum's religious right base might be swayed a little bit by Paul's christian values, but I feel like the war hawk wing is more likely to embrace Santorum. I think he dilutes the field and is good to have in the race, especially in Iowa.

Gingrich: Strangely enough, Newt does seem to draw from us a little. The inclusion of newt has directly affected the results of a couple of past polls on our percentage. He is sounding more and more like us every day, perhaps if he stuck around a little while longer and then dropped out in october or so would be the best thing. We can take voters from him.

Johnson: He is polling around 1 percent, would be nice to pick it up and have him drop out. I hope he realizes Paul is surging and he's going nowhere.

Overall, I am very bullish on our Iowa chances. We should get a boost from today, and call me crazy but I think Bachmann will implode. It's astroturf, the lack of a legitimate support base at ames was very telling. The crowd for her speech was tiny, yeah she had a lot of votes but Randy Travis was the only reason for that. I think Perry will steal enough from her to make her uncompetitive, then that will hurt her perception enough that a LARGE chunk of her people go to Paul. She becomes a minor candidate like Cain, and Iowa comes down to Paul vs Romney vs Perry. If this happens, I really love our chances.

Rocco
08-14-2011, 09:14 AM
I guess TPaw dropped out, hopefully we do better w/ his voters then I anticipate!

BenjFranklin
08-14-2011, 09:17 AM
I agree, Cain needs to go.

LibertyEagle
08-14-2011, 09:19 AM
Perry has to be exposed or he will fool a lot of people. This cannot be done by slinging mud, either. Has to be with hard facts.

Ireland4Liberty
08-14-2011, 09:22 AM
I think the less candidates the better and the more they have to focus on us as being serious contenders. Ideally a 1 v 1 debate would be heaven!

matt0611
08-14-2011, 09:27 AM
Ideally the best for us would be Paul vs Perry vs Romney vs Santorum vs Huntsman

I really think Bachmann has screwed us, without her in this race we would be doing so much better.
Cain probably takes a decent amount of voters too.
Would be nice for Gary to drop out and endorse Paul, put your ego aside for the greater good Gary. (though it won't matter too much).

Jandrsn21
08-14-2011, 09:31 AM
I've been monitoring Tea Party sites after the straw poll. The threads are VERY encouraging. Most are praising Bachmann and Paul, calling it a Tea Party victory. The sentiment is overwhelmingly in their favor. Also multiple threads are Rick Perry is a FRAUD. Bachmann in our opinion is our biggest threat, she needs to lose some steam, and we have a real chance to go toe to toe with Perry then Obama!

Jandrsn21
08-14-2011, 09:33 AM
Perry is a Fraud and Bachmann is the Christine O'Donnell of the Republican ticket, she has ZERO chance of swaying independents and democrats. Our work is cut out for us, that is for sure!

TheDriver
08-14-2011, 09:34 AM
I don't want anyone to drop out!

ChaosControl
08-14-2011, 09:36 AM
No one. Others dropping out won't have nearly the impact on Paul's numbers as anyone else. The only way to get more voters is to convince them. Those supporting others are unconvinced and would move on to one of the other neocons instead.

Pawlenty's voters will probably go to Bachman and Perry.

A. Havnes
08-14-2011, 09:37 AM
Perry has to be exposed or he will fool a lot of people. This cannot be done by slinging mud, either. Has to be with hard facts.

Yes! We really need to be on the attack with Perry, as he is being pushed by everyone as the next Tea Party darling. Heck, even "Time" praised the guy!

pcosmar
08-14-2011, 09:39 AM
Ron welcomed Perry.
I suspect he can counter and contrast him just fine. Perry will hurt Romney most.

Cain can go..There is NO there, there.
Santorum can go. Please. It disgusts me that he is even elected to office. he should be prevented to have power over anything.

I expect Bachmann to drop as things heat up, But having her drop Ron's talking points and ideas does not hurt.

Rocco
08-14-2011, 09:47 AM
See, I think you're underestimating Paul's appeal to Cain and Bachmann people. I think we really are a lot of those people's 2nd choice, and especially Bachmann dropping out would result in a 10-11% increase IMO. Cain dropping out could give us 2-3%, so if they both drop I think we could go from 16% to 30% in Iowa. Don't underestimate our Tea Party credentials.

No one. Others dropping out won't have nearly the impact on Paul's numbers as anyone else. The only way to get more voters is to convince them. Those supporting others are unconvinced and would move on to one of the other neocons instead.

Pawlenty's voters will probably go to Bachman and Perry.

Havax
08-14-2011, 10:05 AM
Ron will take majority of support from Johnson, Gingrich, and Cain. In that order as they drop.

LibertyEagle
08-14-2011, 10:07 AM
I'm tellin' ya. Perry is the one that the establishment is backing with a ton of money and preparation. He has put on a mask of tea party and a ton of people are buying it.

pcosmar
08-14-2011, 10:18 AM
I'm tellin' ya. Perry is the one that the establishment is backing with a ton of money and preparation. He has put on a mask of tea party and a ton of people are buying it.

True. There are a LOT of stupid people.

McCain, Obama, are both proof if this fact