PDA

View Full Version : Quick question re: Rand's endorsement of Ted Cruz.

EndSlavery
08-13-2011, 11:13 PM
Some of you may be aware that Rand and Mike Lee made this endorsement recently. Based on Cruz' record ad TX AG, I am not sure about him. His campain website is incredibly bland and it is not really clear if he is "one of us". Based on these endorsements, I am leaning toward him being one of us and running a Joe Miller style primary campaign.

I solicit your thoughts!

trey4sports
08-13-2011, 11:19 PM
i've heard hes a Demint type of guy. Not really one of us but better than most.

realtonygoodwin
08-13-2011, 11:25 PM
Depends what "us" is. There is such a wide spectrum of philosophy on RPF.

RileyE104
08-14-2011, 02:21 AM
He just endorsed Perry for president so he lost my vote.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkP0RGu1bHs&feature=related

Also, I've heard the guy's wife had some very nice things to say about the Security and Prosperity Partnership of North America. :eek:

08-14-2011, 11:38 AM
There are definitely questions cropping up about Ted from many prominent tea party circles.

I doubt Rand and Mike Lee completely vetted him, and Rand may have only endorsed because Lee did.

We will see soon.

DeadheadForPaul
08-14-2011, 12:15 PM
I figure he's the most "like us" of all the people with a legitimate chance. You take the guy that agrees with you 50% of the time over the guy who agrees with you 5%.

I expect him to be another Demint whom is very useful on some issues and not on some others.

RileyE104
08-14-2011, 04:30 PM
I figure he's the most "like us" of all the people with a legitimate chance. You take the guy that agrees with you 50% of the time over the guy who agrees with you 5%.

I expect him to be another Demint whom is very useful on some issues and not on some others.

There is a liberty candidate named David Smith who is running - he ran against Ted Poe in the last election as a Libertarian but is running as a Republican this time around. IDK how much of a chance he has though, especially since the media has paid him no attention whatsoever.

realtonygoodwin
08-14-2011, 04:32 PM
Elizabeth Ames Jones is running as well, and she has talked about the need for Sound Money.

lucky_bg
08-14-2011, 05:50 PM
This guy looks like a douche...

Slutter McGee
08-14-2011, 05:54 PM
If I had to vote today it would be for him. Seems good on states rights and spending. If I don't like his answers as the campaign goes on Leppert might get my vote.

Slutter McGee

TheTyke
08-16-2011, 02:22 AM
If I had to say it, endorsements are the area I trust Ron and Rand LEAST on. Ron endorsed Bachmann and pro-bailout people in TX. Rand is supporting David Williams and Damon Thayer in KY who are long-standing enemies of the liberty movement... and DIDN'T endorse a decent candidate for governor when we had one. Rand is the most awesome senator we've ever had, and Ron the most awesome representative... I think supporting the party from time to time is one way they get away with always voting on principle, even when it vexes the party.

I think they trust our judgment and know we follow no one's orders. :)

bluesc
08-16-2011, 02:47 AM
He really does look like a sleazy lawyer. Reminds me of a particular sleazy lawyer from my favorite show..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiLvZJb7jcg

nasaal
08-22-2011, 07:34 PM
I hate to seem the hater, but Rand seems like he goes with the flow a bit more than his father does. He likes to have slightly more comfortable opinions and such, which is understandable as the media tends to attack him on his father's views. He may have made the endorsement just as a favor without any sort of conviction behind it.