PDA

View Full Version : The Results Prove that Ron Paul has Stronger Iowa Support than Bachmann

Sentinelrv
08-13-2011, 11:06 PM
Think about it. Michele Bachmann has had millions of dollars worth of free MSM coverage. Ron Paul has had a fraction of the coverage she's had. Every time I turn on the TV they're talking about her. She had to give away 6,000 tickets. And she even had to bribe people to vote for her by making it a condition of seeing a Randy Travis concert. SHE DID ALL OF THIS, and yet she was still only able to muster 152 more votes than Ron Paul.

Without these things, she would have fallen flat on her face. I think this really shows who has the strongest support in Iowa.

smartguy911
08-13-2011, 11:17 PM
wait what? lol. She gave away 6000 tickets and got only 4823 votes. What happen to 1100+ tickets?

RedLightning
08-13-2011, 11:17 PM
Maybe they just didn't show up.

AlexAmore
08-13-2011, 11:18 PM
wait what? lol. She gave away 6000 tickets and got only 4823 votes. What happen to 1100+ tickets?

Kindle.

dusman
08-13-2011, 11:19 PM
Simply people who wanted to see the show. They couldn't without pledging to vote for Bachmann. Kind of shady if you ask me.

http://images.politico.com/global/blogs/110813_bachmann_rule_465.jpg

smartguy911
08-13-2011, 11:24 PM
Simply people who wanted to see the show. They couldn't without pledging to vote for Bachmann. Kind of shady if you ask me.

Kinda reminds me of websites that force users to sign-up or register before they can even view the site content. It always FAILS and I guess it backfired for Bachman big time too. I am guessing some bothered to sign-up, get the ticket and maybe say screw it.

John of Des Moines
08-13-2011, 11:30 PM

Just got back from a restaurant I frequent. Mentioned I was tired from the straw poll, and the waitress said she was there with her dad because he had Bachmann tickets and wanted to see Randy whoever. (She 21, him 60.) Asked her how she voted - looked at me and said "John, you wear too much Ron Paul stuff for me to vote any other way." So I found one of those missing Bachmann tickets.

She said her dad was amazed and couldn't understand all the college students supporting Paul. Told her to tell him those college kids understand economics.

IterTemporis
08-13-2011, 11:32 PM
I hope you do not mind, but I am going to copy and paste what you posted into a comment on the straw poll Yahoo article. I wish to inform people of this and I think that it is very well said.

parocks
08-14-2011, 12:23 AM

Are you sure about the pledge to vote for Bachmann? It just says "must vote" not "must vote for Bachmann"

Pawlenty made the bus trip contingent on a pledge.

Lafayette
08-14-2011, 12:29 AM
Just got back from a restaurant I frequent. Mentioned I was tired from the straw poll, and the waitress said she was there with her dad because he had Bachmann tickets and wanted to see Randy whoever. (She 21, him 60.) Asked her how she voted - looked at me and said "John, you wear too much Ron Paul stuff for me to vote any other way." So I found one of those missing Bachmann tickets.

She said her dad was amazed and couldn't understand all the college students supporting Paul. Told her to tell him those college kids understand economics.

Who did her dad vote for?

pauliticalfan
08-14-2011, 12:29 AM
Randy Travis won't be at the Iowa caucuses, folks. Just keep that in mind. We can win this thing.

Of course it would have been nice to win today, but if we didn't win, this is the next best possible outcome. A win by Bachmann "legitimizes" the straw poll, and therefore legitimizes our strong showing. It's clear we are surging.

sailingaway
08-14-2011, 12:30 AM
Are you sure about the pledge to vote for Bachmann? It just says "must vote" not "must vote for Bachmann"

Pawlenty made the bus trip contingent on a pledge.

They had to 'register' (give their personal info) and get a ticket and go vote. They probably did not say people had to vote for her, but people likely felt obligated, and those who simply hadn't planned to vote (which is usually more than do vote) just voted without much caring, but not because they had an opinion, necessarily. So there was less of a 'nonvote' factor, and a bunch of the votes were likely not sincere-- and to think that 152 out of 4700 might fall into that category isn't too big a stretch.

Fair or unfair or whatever, there was an impetus behind votes for her at the straw poll which will NOT exist in the real caucuses.

John of Des Moines
08-14-2011, 08:29 AM
Who did her dad vote for?

Bachman

Napoleon's Shadow
08-14-2011, 07:56 PM
the 6000 tickets MB gave out was allegedly a lie that was perpetuated