PDA

View Full Version : The State of the Movement - Post #Ames 2011

Ethek
08-13-2011, 09:15 PM
The work leading up to Ames has put Ron in an awesome position.

As Sen. Grassley stated, Ron's support is indestructible,

Perhaps fortuitously, todays straw poll results has set the field to stay split between a diminished Romney, and Perry who was not allowed to step into 'frontrunner' status. As for Bachmann's campaign, she may already be doomed by the slimness of the margin today and a horrendous photo op with a corndog.

Pawlenty is going into the stages of campaign death/grief. Expect the staff to start throwing each other under the bus soon.

That brings me to something I think is important. My time with Rand in his primary effort highlight some important concepts for me. This campaign will not be immune to what is going to unfold among Pawlenty's staff over the next few days when they are stressed.

I've highlighted some of these points to Rand before and talked with Doug Wead. It is difficult subject to develop a strategy to counteract in the chaos of actually running the campaign, like a child the campaign effort itself needs constant attention.

many people who would give 110% to Ron's campaign it is important to remember to keep our own reserves up. Case in point a day like today, even if it is a win can lead to that let-down of just not having anything but a lot of nervous energy to deal with.

Here are the thoughts that I have been bouncing around among people. Stay healthy, stay productive, invest 3% into personal development ( Something YOU want to do, exercise, time off, or a class) so you can build up some reserves and perhaps have an exponential return to give torwards something charitable later on. The normal notion is to tithe 10% a lot of people now are giving every spare cycle to Ron. That 10% is like climing everst, even if it means something like being optimistic when you would not have been 10% of the time.

If you stay mindful about some self care, I bet individuals in the movement will find they may just have way more than the 10% or the 110% they were going to give initially.

January is going to be a lot of work. If anyone has any ideas for inducing some type of personal development/ self care within the grassroots I would love to hear them.

Napoleon's Shadow
08-19-2011, 09:34 AM
Good post, thanks for sharing.

Aratus
05-04-2014, 03:49 AM
We have to plan for the NEXT Ames Straw poll, NOW!