PDA

View Full Version : Steve Elliot's GrassFire.org/Firesociety.com now BANS all Ron Paul supporters!

Misesian
11-02-2007, 12:56 PM
Updated http://www.firesociety.com/forum/thread/19151/Special-Announcement-on-Bans/ (Looks like they will now supposedly continue to "allow" Ron Paul posts but have just rather banned the most active Ron Paul posters on here, trying to avoid blowback it seems from an outright ban)

For anybody who would post there there has been a growing number of anti-Ron Paul moderators at this forum who have abused their power to delete the threads and individual posts of Ron Paul supporters, and have also broken the forum policy (http://www.firesociety.com/forumpolicy) rules themselves to do this, and gave an AMNESTY to posters in this forum who have been anti-Ron Paul as well, and who have blatantly abused the rules.

It is kind of ironic that a website and forum so dedicated to fighting all of the shamnesty bills grants one of their own to rule-breaking moderators and posters in their forum.

The anti-Ron Paul moderators are:
theSuperPatriot
Deerhunter
BiotechBabe

The individual posters that were granted an amnesty to abuse the rules in opposition to Ron Paul are numerous but include: FireWing, Patsy, Melinda in TN, blaze77535, MrT

You can register here, though you will be banned as indicated above. Though if you want them to experience some blowback they will feel it pretty badly: http://www.firesociety.com/registration

You can send Steve Elliot an email here: http://www.grassfire.net/info/email.asp?ind=4

Also I wouldn't be concerned about increasing traffic to their website. According to Alexa data, Redstate only experienced a small BLIP when they banned Ron Paul supporters and the traffic quickly died down. Negative Press to Grassfire.org will do much more harm to them as a "non-partisan" organization being that they are banning Ron Paul now.

American
11-02-2007, 12:57 PM
This thread has been deleted.

NO, thats what i get when I click the link....=\

Misesian
11-02-2007, 01:03 PM
Hmmmm, yes it is gone now. I don't have the window open anymore unfortunately but it said that ALL Ron paul supporters would be banned, and all posts would be deleted. The moderators listed above were granted admin rights to perform these actions. I doubt they have reconsidered.

Lord Xar
11-02-2007, 01:04 PM
That place, for all its good against illegal immigration and Sovereignty issues, is a hotbed of WAR PROPAGANDA!

What they fail to understand is that the same people who support this war, the special interest elites, are the same ones pushing open borders etc..

Grassfire are VERY pro- Israel. So they don't like Ron Paul cause he wants to pull funding from ALL nations and get out of war. They "want" war.

Lord Xar
11-02-2007, 01:05 PM
Also, they got very worried of those who started to Support Ron Paul. So, they basically 'silenced' them. Nice. I will post this around.

tnvoter
11-02-2007, 01:10 PM
Looks like I'm going to stop donating to their site then. Wonder if they'll notice the drop in donations after this gets it. I'm betting they will.

Misesian
11-02-2007, 01:10 PM
Also, they got very worried of those who started to Support Ron Paul. So, they basically 'silenced' them. Nice. I will post this around.

FireSociety.com opened up in Feb. and they were pretty good up until about the summertime. When attacks on RP started to pickup everywhere. Recently it became clear that it was forum policy to stop Ron Paul posts due to their anti-Paul moderators and their actions/inactions.

However a NUMBER of neocon converts were made over there so the pro-war/anti-illegal immigration communities are important to our cause. The Tancredo supporters are also the war ones but you see the war is not their #1 issue so they would vote Ron Paul. A number of his supporters pledged this should Tom drop out.

We can still step up Ron Paul posts on this forum and see if the official statement comes back. I would just not violate their forum policy and watch them still ban us. Most Ron Paul supporters there have ALWAYS been very civil and hardly ever trolled, flamed, or broke the forum policy rules except for questioning authority lately which is not allowed over there. That's fine, it's a private website, doesn't mean they still can't experience some blowback for being anti Ron Paul.

Steve Elliot also promised a Ron Paul interview way back this spring but that certainly never happened.

Misesian
11-02-2007, 01:11 PM
Looks like I'm going to stop donating to their site then. Wonder if they'll notice the drop in donations after this gets it. I'm betting they will.

Yes, tell Steve Elliot this.

kylejack
11-02-2007, 01:12 PM
Site number 2 to add to my DTM (Dead To Me) list.

RJB
11-02-2007, 01:13 PM
I've quietly followed Hannity forums. It seems that they have the same problem with Paulites that the Romans had with Christians. They keep banning the good guys but I have seen some of their hard core old timers slowly convert.

It's funny they kick us off, but then you'll see some guys with 20,000+ posts who used to bad mouth Paul become an ardent supporters. This is probably happening at a lot of neocon forums to, Marklevin.com, Fredthompsonforum.com, hannity.com etc.

wgadget
11-02-2007, 01:14 PM
Looks like Ron Paul will win a few more votes from Grassfire subscribers! Woot!

wgadget
11-02-2007, 01:16 PM
P.S. Go rent "Mr. Smith Goes to Washington." The idea of silencing a popular anti-establishment politician is nothing new...

Go Ron!

torchbearer
11-02-2007, 01:21 PM
I thought we were boycotting that site anyway? whats the big deal?

winston84
11-02-2007, 01:23 PM
Screw these groups, if you want to join an online PAC for real change join

DownsizeDC.org

Who are more than happy to not only endorse Ron Paul's legislation but to accept us as supporters!

Misesian
11-02-2007, 01:24 PM
Screw these groups, if you want to join an online PAC for real change join

DownsizeDC.org

Who are more than happy to not only endorse Ron Paul's legislation but to accept us as supporters!

Winston, the idea here is to NOT preach to the choir.

I'm a member of DownsizeDC.org but this is preaching to the choir.

wgadget
11-02-2007, 01:26 PM
I hope this "banning" gets as much publicity as the redstate banning.

DrNoZone
11-02-2007, 01:28 PM
And why should we care about this two-bit forum? Seriously, who cares?

PaleoConservative
11-02-2007, 01:35 PM
Complete loons over there. I can only imagen how often they must piss their pants in fear of the great threat of Islamic terrorists. Comparing these terrorists to Stalin and China is beyond laughable.

Quick
11-02-2007, 01:44 PM
Never heard of that person or that forum.

Next! :)

angelatc
11-02-2007, 01:49 PM
I hadn't been there in months, but I went there a week or so ago when a poll was going on. I found it pretty heartening to see how the FredHeads have totally diminished in number on that site.

I also thought it was odd that the so-called moderators were so hostile. Nice to see that I wasn't imagining it.

My ban is coming soon: http://www.firesociety.com/forum/thread/19151/Special-Announcement-on-Bans/

Misesian
11-02-2007, 02:36 PM
And why should we care about this two-bit forum? Seriously, who cares?

Why? Because GrassFire.org has over 500,000 members and there's about 30,000 registered at their forum FireSociety.com. These are people who are "Fed up" due to the illegal immigration issue and it is ripe for potential Ron Paul support.

If we preach to the choir we make it harder for us to win, if we preach to the "Fed up" Republicans who are on that neoconservative fence we make victory much easier. It would be nice if more us spent time in the "hostile terrority" than here in the comfort zone.

Richandler
11-02-2007, 02:40 PM
Moderators on forums who go around look for inappropriate language and other lame reasons like political rhetoric or "off-topic" posting and delete all comments are lame boards to begin with.

Syren123
11-02-2007, 02:44 PM
Yes, tell Steve Elliot this.

Also tell him that you'll be donating exclusively to NumbersUSA from now on because a) they do a better job, and
b) they're only interested in illegal immigration issues and not warmongering.

:p

Misesian
11-02-2007, 02:47 PM
The announcement has been updated and it's bullcrap still. I've updated this on the first page and here it is now: http://www.firesociety.com/forum/thread/19151/Special-Announcement-on-Bans/

Steve Elliot's goon makes the statement that Ron Paul posts will still be allowed. If this is the same criteria in the way that they are "allowed" the last month it means the trolls have free reign to attack Ron Paul and RP supporters along with the moderators, and that Ron Paul posts can be deleted as well by moderators.

They are only banning the most active Ron Paul posters on the forum. Perhaps this is their strategy to minimize Ron Paul information being posted about here, while not suffering blowback from a 100% OUTRIGHT ban like redstate did.

Now we've got to fill the void and flood this forum with every single positive Ron Paul news tidbit out there. MAKE THEM outright ban us for not even breaking any rules.

Steve Elliot's goon also completely dodged the message of AngelaTC. BLOWBACK time!!!

angelatc
11-02-2007, 02:50 PM
Why? Because GrassFire.org has over 500,000 members and there's about 30,000 registered at their forum FireSociety.com.

But it appears that the number of active users is 25, and 7 of those are mods.

I always hit the "recent threads" link, and I can't remember the last time there were more than 7 active on that particular day.

Misesian
11-02-2007, 02:54 PM
But it appears that the number of active users is 25, and 7 of those are mods.

I always hit the "recent threads" link, and I can't remember the last time there were more than 7 active on that particular day.

Hmmm, never noticed that. Good point.

angelatc
11-02-2007, 02:56 PM
Steve Elliot's goon also completely dodged the message of AngelaTC. BLOWBACK time!!!

He deleted my second post, which read simply "thanks for making my point."

My latest post reads

"

Oops! I guess they're banning sarcasm too!

You ought to ban Patsy. She never saw a Ron Paul thread she didn't troll.

You don't see me posting in all the Thompson threads. I gave it up right after I gave up on Fred.

Real men don't delete threads.

Like I said - thanks for proving my point.

:)

Misesian
11-02-2007, 02:59 PM
lol, deleted again!!

Try it again, though you'll probably get banned soon enough too, not that you'd probably really care.

angelatc
11-02-2007, 03:04 PM
I can sleep comfortably knowing that I insulted his manhood. (I wish I had the grace of Ron Paul - sigh.)

Deleting posts is a pet peeve of mine. It's one of the things that made me see what type of supporters Thompson had, and that was on a pro-Thompson site.

Deleting spam is one thing but deleting selected posts is weird and controlling.

wgadget
11-02-2007, 03:27 PM
And totalitarian.

Misesian
11-02-2007, 03:40 PM
I can sleep comfortably knowing that I insulted his manhood. (I wish I had the grace of Ron Paul - sigh.)

Deleting posts is a pet peeve of mine. It's one of the things that made me see what type of supporters Thompson had, and that was on a pro-Thompson site.

Deleting spam is one thing but deleting selected posts is weird and controlling.

Remember the old anarcho-capitalist days of FireSociety when the "market" would correct itself with posters and you didn't have the authoritarians stepping in? Even though this is a completely private organization it is a good example to use of how the intervention of the "state" always fails. You get some moderators and they end up breaking the rules but don't get punished, they get a little bit more and more power and relegate this over to a particular group, until finally you get the enabling act like happened today!!

A microcosm of free market capitalism vs. interventionism!

deedles
11-02-2007, 03:43 PM

I'll also pull my donations from now on. And will let Steve Elliot know why, too.

deedles
11-02-2007, 03:52 PM
Hello,

I've sent several donations to Grassfire, and also financially supported the billboards campaign last summer.

I've held the organization in high regard. Until today.

I support Ron Paul for President. STRONGLY support him.

If it is true that grassfire and firesociety is banning Ron Paul supporters and their statements on the forum, your organization will never see another dollar from me again. I will send my hard-earned money to Numbers USA instead.

I cannot understand what you people have against Dr. Paul... the only true conservative running for President, an honorable and decent man and an actual statesman the likes of which we've not seen in a long, long, time.

It is wrong of you to try to quiet the voice of the people. And highly suspect, too.

Disappointedly,

fj45lvr
11-02-2007, 04:09 PM
I have been posting there for 2 months and am a life-long republican that has been getting GRASSFIRE petitions for years.

My account was turned off and a post I put up yesterday deleted (I have posted it below).

These people smear Paul constantly and when you essentially ask them why they would do that they can never come back with any rational thought at all to reasoning.

Usually it is Paul wants to legalize prostitution and marajuana and he is a racist....

when you tell them the facts about these issues or that Paul has more black support than the other GOP they never reply.

they never answer why Washington, Monroe, Jefferson, Madison, Adams etc. were ALL wrong on their foreign policy and "loons" or "moonbats" by their description.

They seem to all be universally in love with BIG GOVERNMENT (even though we can't afford it without stealing from the people).

Here is the post they deleted at the same time they made my account "inactive"

The euro, worth 83 cents in the early George W. Bush years, is at $1.45.

The British pound is back up over $2, the highest level since the Carter era. The Canadian dollar, which used to be worth 65 cents, is worth more than the U.S. dollar for the first time in half a century.

Oil is over $90 a barrel. Gold, down to $260 an ounce not so long ago, has hit $800.

Have gold, silver, oil, the euro, the pound and the Canadian dollar all suddenly soared in value in just a few years?

Nope. The dollar has plummeted in value, more so in Bush's term than during any comparable period of U.S. history. Indeed, Bush is presiding over a worldwide abandonment of the American dollar.

Is it all Bush's fault? Nope.

The dollar is plunging because America has been living beyond her means, borrowing $2 billion a day from foreign nations to maintain her standard of living and to sustain the American Imperialism. (a 2 trillion dollar unneccary war!!)

The prime suspect in the death of the dollar is the massive trade deficits America has run up, some $5 trillion in total since the passage of NAFTA and the creation of the World Trade Organization in 1994

In 2006, that U.S. trade deficit hit $764 billion. The current account deficit, which includes the trade deficit, plus the net outflow of interest, dividends, capital gains and foreign aid, hit $857 billion, 6.5 percent of GDP. As some of us have been writing for years, such deficits are unsustainable and must lead to a decline of the dollar.

A sinking dollar means a poorer nation, and a sinking currency has historically been the mark of a sinking country. And a superpower with a sinking currency is a contradiction in terms.
What does this mean for America and Americans?

As nations realize that the dollars they are being paid for their products cannot buy in the world markets what they once did, they will demand more dollars for those goods. This will mean rising prices for the imports on which America has become more dependent than we have been since before the Civil War.

U.S. tourists traveling to the countries whence their ancestors came will find that the money they saved up does not go as far as they thought.

U.S. soldiers stationed overseas will find the cost of rent, gasoline, food, clothing and dining out takes larger and larger bites out of their paychecks. The people those U.S. soldiers defend will be demanding more and more of their money

The Chinese, whose currency is tied to the dollar, and Japan will continue, as long as they can, to keep their currencies low against the dollar. For the Asians think long term, and their goals are strategic.

China -- growing at 10 percent a year for two decades and now growing at close to 12 percent -- is willing to take losses in the value of the dollars it holds to keep the U.S. technology, factories and jobs pouring in, as their exports capture America's markets from U.S. producers.

The Japanese will take some loss in the value of their dollar hoard to take down Chrysler, Ford and GM, and capture the U.S. auto market as they captured our TV, camera and computer chip markets.

Asians understand that what is important is not who consumes the apples, but who owns the orchard.

Other nations that have kept cash reserves in U.S. Treasury bonds and T-bills are watching the value of these assets sink. Not fools, they will begin, as many already have, to divest and diversify, taking in fewer dollars and more euros and yen. As more nations abandon the dollar, its decline will continue.

The oil-producing and exporting nations, with trade surpluses, like China, have also begun to take the stash of dollars they have and stuff them into sovereign wealth funds, and use these immense and growing funds to buy up real assets in the United States -- investment banks and American companies.

Nor is there any end in sight to the sinking of the dollar. For, as foreigners demand more dollars for the oil and goods they sell us, the trade deficit will not fall. And as the U.S. government prints more and more dollars to cover the budget deficits that stretch out -- with the coming retirement of the baby boomers -- all the way to the horizon, the value of the dollar will fall. And as Ben Bernanke at the Fed tries to keep interest rates low, to keep the U.S. economy from sputtering out in the credit crunch, the value of the dollar will fall.
The chickens of free trade are coming home to roost.

fj45lvr
11-02-2007, 04:14 PM
I also want to tell everyone that their are a ton of "trolls" there that give "smart-ass" comments on Posts from Paul supporters and they are still there ....

yesterday concerning the UNKNOWN Paul spammers one wrote that "paulies" were liars.

They just love to ridicule Paul and call him "BARNEY FIFE"..... and call him a liberal.

Though they cannot discuss any point at all........other than the argument "we got to kill them over there or they will be knocking at our door and trying to destroy the U.S."

Total and complete brainwashed folks ......I constantly clue them in on the fact that ISLAMISTS cannot even overthrow EGYPT let alone the U.S.!!!!

The delusion is real serious there.

fj45lvr
11-02-2007, 04:27 PM
I thought we were boycotting that site anyway? whats the big deal?

These are the exact kinds of places Paul supporters and TRUE CONSERVATIVES should be.

it is like Christians that only "hang out with each other" when they need to be out in the WORLD shining their light.

How are GOP faithful supposed to know about what Paul really believes when these places ONLY tell LIES and DISTORTIONS?????

Misesian
11-02-2007, 05:29 PM
fj45lvr,

What I found funny too. Is that the FS brownshirt Sean Ivy actually even wrote a positive letter about Ron Paul which HIGHLIGHTED his position on the war. Then you see all of the anti-Paul moderators go and jump on him, along with the FredHeads and he placates their complaining. As he's said in the latest post, after deleting a bunch more of Angela's posts it looks like, that the forum is for uniting to fight illegal immigration (collectivism) rather than discussing viewpoints rationally.

SeanEdwards
11-02-2007, 05:47 PM
Waste of everyone's time. Go outside and hand out slimjims.

dircha
11-02-2007, 07:00 PM
That forum, like this one, may be a fun thing to do, but I assure you, your time spent there does very, very little for the campaign one way or another.

One day going door to door in your town with a stack of slim jims will do more good for the campaign than months spent there.

Now, don't get me wrong, I post on forums too - here and elsewhere - but I don't believe for a moment that my debating people of conflicting views on internet forums is an effective means of campaigning.

So what I'm saying is that if you find it unpleasant or distasteful, don't sweat it, it does not matter, just leave them to their own devices.

dircha
11-02-2007, 07:01 PM

Amen. Post if you want, but be sure you are getting out a minimum of 1 day a week.

This is the commitment I have made and I assure you, feet on the street is what makes the difference and is the most important thing people like you and I can do for the campaign.

RJB
11-02-2007, 07:08 PM

It's the best revenge against neocon forums. Most people are receptive or at least polite. Every now and then someone will angrily say something like, "I'll never vote for that idiot." or something to that effect.

I just smile at those people. They are the idiots on the neocon forums who see us retaking our party. That's why they are angry, and that's why their anger makes me happy. They know we're winning.

angelatc
11-03-2007, 03:51 PM
fj45lvr,

What I found funny too. Is that the FS brownshirt Sean Ivy actually even wrote a positive letter about Ron Paul which HIGHLIGHTED his position on the war. Then you see all of the anti-Paul moderators go and jump on him, along with the FredHeads and he placates their complaining. As he's said in the latest post, after deleting a bunch more of Angela's posts it looks like, that the forum is for uniting to fight illegal immigration (collectivism) rather than discussing viewpoints rationally.

I didn't go back through the entire forum, but I only posted 3 times in that thread, and he deleted two. The rest are from other people, but I do not know who.

angelatc
11-03-2007, 04:19 PM
I forgot about this! www.alipac.us has a legitimate beef with FireSociety:

http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=27809&highlight=grassfire

fj45lvr
11-04-2007, 07:36 AM
some of the "banned" have setup another forum to discuss:

http://www.unitedamericanparty.com/viewforum.php?f=1

real disappointing that fellow GOP members can be so STUPID as to BAN Paul supporters.

mesler
11-04-2007, 09:51 AM
I have only posted like 1 item in the past few weeks, something about Dr. Paul talking about the gold standard in 1983, and for that I was banned with no warning. I was a member for about 6 months or so. Would have been nice to have a warning, but it is their right to trim down on the number of pro-Paul people if that's what they want.