PDA

View Full Version : Does Bachmann still support the patriot Act?

Agorism
08-13-2011, 08:52 PM
Just asking.

Also what's her stance on Waterboarding\Torture.

sailingaway
08-13-2011, 08:53 PM
Yes to the first, she voted for it just recently, and I haven't heard on waterboarding but I get the impression she is pretty gung ho DHS altogether.

low preference guy
08-13-2011, 08:55 PM
yes. she said it on freedom watch.

trey4sports
08-13-2011, 08:57 PM
Just asking.

Hope you're not thinking of jumping ship

Agorism
08-13-2011, 08:58 PM
The Goldwater poster was saying she had a good record so i started thinking about her voting record.

sailingaway
08-13-2011, 09:00 PM
The Goldwater poster was saying she had a good record so i started thinking about her voting record.

There's a write up or six around somewhere here comparing various voting record issues with Ron's, push the michele bachmann tab in opposing candidates so they line up and scroll down a few pages.

jmdrake
08-13-2011, 09:19 PM

It's good on fiscal policy, bad on foreign policy and civil liberties. Basically she's the anti-Kucinich. People who care more about economics than foreign policy and civil liberties will like Bachmann. People who care more about foreign policy and civil liberties than economics will like Kucinich. Ron Paul is the best of both worlds.

moderate libertarian
08-13-2011, 09:30 PM
Of course she supports wars, "national security" measures over liberties.

However no need to attack her flawed stances really, she is done almost.

Agorism
08-13-2011, 09:32 PM
Rand should have highlighted that she's a torturer rather than a tea party candidate.

anaconda
08-13-2011, 09:59 PM
Does a bear shit in the woods?

anaconda
08-13-2011, 10:01 PM
Of course she supports wars, "national security" measures over liberties.

However no need to attack her flawed stances really, she is done almost.

It will be interesting to see how her 13% nationally evolves as we move forward. I suspect she may have already peaked in the polls.

wannaberocker
08-13-2011, 10:23 PM
What if Bachmann picks Ron as a VP?

wannaberocker
08-13-2011, 10:29 PM
Just asking.

isnt imprisonment torture also?

low preference guy
08-13-2011, 10:29 PM
What if Bachmann picks Ron as a VP?

Ron won't accept it. Why? Afghanistan, Iraq, Patriot Act.

wannaberocker
08-13-2011, 10:33 PM
Ron won't accept it. Why? Afghanistan, Iraq, Patriot Act.

Intresting. I wonder if ron wins who his VP pick would be? I mean he would have to pick from a bunch that supported the patriot act and Wars. Or will he pick an anti war leftist as his VP?

trey4sports
08-13-2011, 10:35 PM
Intresting. I wonder if ron wins who his VP pick would be? I mean he would have to pick from a bunch that supported the patriot act and Wars. Or will he pick an anti war leftist as his VP?

He'll probably go with someone we haven't talked about much.

low preference guy
08-13-2011, 10:35 PM

Judge Andrew Napolitano?

realtonygoodwin
08-13-2011, 10:40 PM
It will be interesting to see how her 13% nationally evolves as we move forward. I suspect she may have already peaked in the polls.

I wouldn't be surprised if she gets a little bump back to second or third place.

wannaberocker
08-13-2011, 10:44 PM
Judge Andrew Napolitano?

Or John stossel we need a VP with a mustash.

Jake Ralston
08-13-2011, 11:50 PM
People who care more about economics than foreign policy and civil liberties will like Bachmann.

Yea but they are uneducated. Bachmann supported the bail-outs. How can you supposedly critizice the Fed, yet support the Fed bailing out the banks?

AuH20
08-13-2011, 11:52 PM
Yea but they are uneducated. Bachmann supported the bail-outs. How can you supposedly critizice the Fed, yet support the Fed bailing out the banks?

Uh, Bueller.

Bachmann voted TWICE against TARP. Not once but twice.

trey4sports
08-14-2011, 12:07 AM
I wonder if Paul would consider rolling out his VP pick at a more strategic time? Like a week before the Iowa caucus?

steph3n
08-14-2011, 12:46 AM
I wonder if Paul would consider rolling out his VP pick at a more strategic time? Like a week before the Iowa caucus?
I am not really sure that can be done...

anaconda
08-14-2011, 01:20 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if she gets a little bump back to second or third place.

Only if the poll is done within a week or so. IMHO

Kregisen
08-14-2011, 01:21 AM

Calling others uneducated then stating an untrue phrase about a candidate is fairly ironic. (she was always against TARP)

Bachmann has a TON of dirt on her for things she supports, things she lies about, things she doesn't understand, but you only do Ron Paul a disservice by stating things without researching them on a forum named after him. Do research next time.