PDA

View Full Version : [VIDEO] Rand Paul Reaction To Father Ron Paul's Grand Showing At The Ames Straw Poll - Fox

purplechoe
08-13-2011, 08:07 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2kykUKiNuo

RonPaulFever
08-13-2011, 08:18 PM
Rand is such a huge asset to the campaign and I hope he continues to get airtime. I like the way he gave credit to Bachmann as someone who stands on principle - this is how bridges are built!

sailingaway
08-13-2011, 08:20 PM
Rand is such a huge asset to the campaign and I hope he continues to get airtime. I like the way he gave credit to Bachmann as someone who stands on principle - this is how bridges are built!

He's better than I am. I wouldn't have been able to say it without adding that she had stolen the principles from Ron's speeches to begin with.

Harald
08-13-2011, 08:30 PM
Well, I think MB attended Ron Paul weekly teach-ins for a year or more. Something must have rubbed off

Inkblots
08-13-2011, 08:31 PM
He's better than I am. I wouldn't have been able to say it without adding that she had stolen the principles from Ron's speeches to begin with.

Reminds me of an aphorism: "there's no limit to what you can achieve as long as you don't care who gets the credit." :)

squarepusher
08-13-2011, 08:42 PM
great video

DeadheadForPaul
08-13-2011, 08:46 PM

+1

Rand knows how to play the game and this is why he is our consensus candidate of the future

realtonygoodwin
08-13-2011, 08:51 PM
Awesome stuff.

RonPaulVolunteer
08-13-2011, 09:00 PM
See this thread... http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?308670-Why-you-should-be-sending-people-to-Ron-Paul-Flix-instead-of-YouTube.-Point-in-case.

mit26chell
08-13-2011, 09:32 PM
Rand Paul will win the presidency in 2016. He is presidential material, through and through.

anaconda
08-13-2011, 09:39 PM

It looks like he has forged a warm rapport with Sean Hannity. Sean may help us yet (just never trust him).

anaconda
08-13-2011, 09:40 PM
Rand Paul will win the presidency in 2016. He is presidential material, through and through.

He will not likely win the Presidency in 2016 if 1) A RHINO wins in 2012 or 2) Ron wins in 2012. If Soetoro wins in 2012 then Rand is positioned about as well as one could be, assuming he can raise money. Because the powers that be may not want him any more than they want Ron near the White House.

Shane Harris
08-13-2011, 09:51 PM
sorta wish he could back up ron on foreign policy more, (or distinguish between his dad and MB more) what do they disagree on anyway?

low preference guy
08-13-2011, 10:01 PM
sorta wish he could back up ron on foreign policy more, (or distinguish between his dad and MB more) what do they disagree on anyway?

maybe Rand just isn't as non-interventionist as Ron? Rand doesn't yet have an extensive record to judge him.

Shane Harris
08-13-2011, 10:05 PM
maybe Rand just isn't as non-interventionist as Ron? Rand doesn't yet have an extensive record to judge him.

true perhaps

outspoken
08-13-2011, 10:11 PM
Rand Paul I believe knows exactly what he is doing and is ever so gently leading the war mongering wing of the GOP to the promise land of peace, love, and prosperity... He just isn't as blunt as his dad is. You don't grow up the son of Ron Paul, then get into the ugly game of politics, without the same virtue, convictions, and sound understanding of the Constitution. That said, I can't understand why Hannity is so pro-Rand and anti-Ron.

freejack
08-13-2011, 10:17 PM
Rand Paul I believe knows exactly what he is doing and is ever so gently leading the war mongering wing of the GOP to the promise land of peace, love, and prosperity... He just isn't as blunt as his dad is. You don't grow up the son of Ron Paul, then get into the ugly game of politics, without the same virtue, convictions, and sound understanding of the Constitution. That said, I can't understand why Hannity is so pro-Rand and anti-Ron.

snowballs

Pro-Life Libertarian
08-13-2011, 10:24 PM

Eh, they are about the same.

I think Rand might be more quick to stop Iran depending how their nuclear journey progresses. If our intelligence indicates they may attack, Ron must stop them. Can't wait till the missile is in the air I am afraid. I trust Ron do to the right thing.

Hannity loves Rand. Both are about the same age. Hannity is a good guy and he could be converted.

Pro-Life Libertarian
08-13-2011, 10:26 PM
I know Gary Johnson would consider intervening in an extreme humanitarian crisis.

I wouldn't be completely opposed to something like that.

Overall, Gary and Rand are non-interventionists.

RonPaulFever
08-13-2011, 10:27 PM
Hannity is a good guy and he could be converted.

I don't even know how to begin to respond to that :o

low preference guy
08-13-2011, 10:27 PM
I think Rand might be more quick to stop Iran depending how their nuclear journey progresses. If our intelligence indicates they may attack, Ron must stop them. Can't wait till the missile is in the air I am afraid. I trust Ron do to the right thing.

Ron doesn't have to do anything because Israel will wipe out Iran as soon as they think of attacking Israel.

Non-interventionism is the right policy here. Mind your own business.

Pro-Life Libertarian
08-13-2011, 10:31 PM
I don't even know how to begin to respond to that :o
I've followed him for years. He is genuinely a good guy, but he is misled on some issues.

Guitarzan
08-13-2011, 10:37 PM
Hannity is a paid propaganda puppet. If you can't see that after years of following him...there's something wrong.

Pro-Life Libertarian
08-13-2011, 10:41 PM
Hannity is a paid propaganda puppet. If you can't see that after years of following him...there's something wrong.

Well, I don't believe everybody is a paid propagandist.

He was on the radio long before FOX.

RonPaulFever
08-13-2011, 10:41 PM

I'd even go so far as to say that he's guilty of treason for undermining the safety and security of the U.S. with his pro-war propaganda and lies.

Guitarzan
08-13-2011, 10:47 PM
Well, I don't believe everybody is a paid propagandist.

He was on the radio long before FOX.

Who said "everyone" is a paid propagandist? I'm talking about Hannity...and and your lack of discernment with regards to him.

reduen
08-13-2011, 10:55 PM
Rand looks very good here....

sevin
08-13-2011, 10:57 PM
Wow. Just Wow.

Times like this I almost wish Rand ran for 2012. But it is what it is. Ron Paul has the recognition right now. Rand is our backup plan, and it's a damn good backup plan.

Feeding the Abscess
08-13-2011, 11:06 PM
I know Gary Johnson would consider intervening in an extreme humanitarian crisis.

I wouldn't be completely opposed to something like that.

Overall, Gary and Rand are non-interventionists.

If Rand actually did sign that Senate letter to Obama urging him to place sanctions on Iran's Central Bank, he is interventionist, and would explain why he doesn't back Ron up on foreign policy very strongly.

Bachmann does not stand on principle. There is no principle on which to stand when it comes to voting for the PATRIOT Act, unbalanced budgets as far as the eyes can see, and the warfare state.

Benjam
08-13-2011, 11:23 PM
I'd even go so far as to say that he's guilty of treason for undermining the safety and security of the U.S. with his pro-war propaganda and lies.

This violates the first amendment.

libertybrewcity
08-13-2011, 11:29 PM
Finally getting some respect

http://oi51.tinypic.com/axe4w4.jpg

libertybrewcity
08-13-2011, 11:34 PM
Rand is so awesome! He really knows how to handle Hannity.

low preference guy
08-13-2011, 11:35 PM
Rand is so awesome! He really knows how to handle Hannity.

And Hannity likes Rand enough to let him get away with not actually answering controversial questions...

pacu44
08-13-2011, 11:40 PM
Hannity is no conservative... Hannity, Rush, Levin have backed themselves into a corner... When Ron Paul wins the nomination, how will they do their shows? They have smeared him relentlessly for 5 years...

patriot2008
08-14-2011, 12:15 AM
Hannity is no conservative... Hannity, Rush, Levin have backed themselves into a corner... When Ron Paul wins the nomination, how will they do their shows? They have smeared him relentlessly for 5 years...

Seems to me that is why they are starting to suck up and only appear closer now that things have changed so much towards Ron.

ForLibertyFight
08-14-2011, 12:43 AM
Rand is a really likeable guy and his articulation really helps!

Luciconsort
08-14-2011, 12:51 AM
Rand is a statesman in the truest form. Cool and collected, and not afraid to light someone up when the need arises, a big asset indeed.

anaconda
08-14-2011, 01:33 AM
If our intelligence indicates they may attack, Ron must stop them. Can't wait till the missile is in the air I am afraid. I trust Ron do to the right thing.

Why in God's name would Iran attack? What are you talking about? And intelligence that they may attack? Attack whom? You sound like Don Rumsfeld or Colin Powell. No offense. Didn't Ron just get through saying that we didn't need to attack even the Soviets? But that diplomacy was ultimately successful against the most daunting of nuclear foes? The intelligence is that Iran is not even working on a bomb. As Ron points out they have been in compliance with the non-proliferation treaty. They never attack anyone. Why are we having this conversation?! Why does this conversation even exist in the media?! Why does India, Pakistan, Israel, North Korea, China, Russia, and Great Britain get to have nukes without our threats of attack and sanctions? What hypocrisy gives the U.S. the right to have thousands of nuclear weapons but no one else does? Especially when the U.S. is the one attacking everyone all over the planet? Please explain this "missile in the air" theory and compare and contrast with the Soviets. Thanks.

KingRobbStark
08-14-2011, 01:40 AM
Why in God's name would Iran attack? What are you talking about? And intelligence that they may attack? Attack whom? You sound like Don Rumsfeld or Colin Powell. No offense. Didn't Ron just get through saying that we didn't need to attack even the Soviets? But that diplomacy was ultimately successful against the most daunting of nuclear foes?

Reason is to hard for some people to understand.

LibertyEagle
08-14-2011, 01:47 AM

Rand speaks in terms that conservatives understand and is careful how he phrases things. If you haven't already, go find the speech he gave at Fancy Farm in Kentucky in the last week. So many of the things he described were positions that Ron holds too, but he introduced them in a totally different way and everyone in the audience was nodding their head in approval.

I hate to say it, but Ron Paul needs some serious work on his delivery. He truly does.

Benjam
08-14-2011, 02:46 AM
Why in God's name would Iran attack? What are you talking about? And intelligence that they may attack? Attack whom? You sound like Don Rumsfeld or Colin Powell. No offense. Didn't Ron just get through saying that we didn't need to attack even the Soviets? But that diplomacy was ultimately successful against the most daunting of nuclear foes? The intelligence is that Iran is not even working on a bomb. As Ron points out they have been in compliance with the non-proliferation treaty. They never attack anyone. Why are we having this conversation?! Why does this conversation even exist in the media?! Why does India, Pakistan, Israel, North Korea, China, Russia, and Great Britain get to have nukes without our threats of attack and sanctions? What hypocrisy gives the U.S. the right to have thousands of nuclear weapons but no one else does? Especially when the U.S. is the one attacking everyone all over the planet? Please explain this "missile in the air" theory and compare and contrast with the Soviets. Thanks.

+1rep

parocks
08-14-2011, 02:59 AM
RINO

Republican
In
Name
Only

He will not likely win the Presidency in 2016 if 1) A RHINO wins in 2012 or 2) Ron wins in 2012. If Soetoro wins in 2012 then Rand is positioned about as well as one could be, assuming he can raise money. Because the powers that be may not want him any more than they want Ron near the White House.

Matthew Zak
08-14-2011, 04:35 AM
Does anyone have that video of Ron Paul supporters telling Hannity that "this isn't your party any more!" because I'd love to combine this Ran Paul video with that one to prove to people just how effective Ron Paul's message is.

anaconda
08-14-2011, 01:26 PM
RINO

Republican
In
Name
Only

RHINO = Republican Hella In Name Only. (sorry. Thanks for catching me on this):D

CaptUSA
08-14-2011, 02:01 PM
How about when Sean talks about the tea Party seizing control of the GOP and Rand tells him, "we can only hope"...

Sean had to take a step back in his head and say, "oh yeah, I'm supposed to support the tea party..."

I don't know if anyone else caught that in this video, but it was beautiful!